Fiverr Account Insurance/Protection for Old Sellers

There is no reason to start a thread like this. If someone violates the TOS somehow they can be banned from fiverr. The rules aren’t hard to follow. It’s possible mistakes were made either by the sellers or by fiverr but each case is different.

There are plenty of old sellers here who won’t be banned.

There are unfair cases on Fiverr too isn’t it better if they have a proper way to investigate issue rather banning sellers ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are unfair cases on Fiverr too isn’t it better if they have a proper way to investigate issue rather banning sellers ?

@mclabzsolutions How do you know they were unfair?

The one definitely unfair thing is the cancellations that sellers can’t help being counted against them.

As far as the so called unfair things we hear about on the forum after you find out the details you learn they were not unfair but actual violations of the TOS.

There is a lot of hand wringing lately about “unfair” things on fiverr.

These are excuses for failing. Stop making excuses or trying to find reasons so you don’t feel bad if you fail and can put the blame for it elsewhere.

I am talking about terms of service violations. Not buyer/seller issues.

People are getting banned for the stupid mistake of delivering an empty or incomplete order, even long time sellers. I think fiverr does not want to baby sellers who do this stupid mistake. It’s too serious to look the other way, or say ok just don’t do it again.

I think Fiverr should have a proper way to PROTECT old sellers, people who worked on Fiverr more than 3 - 5 Years. Most of old sellers are FULL TIMERS. but one mistake could lead to demoted, Account Ban. At least a dedicated team to solve issues without banning good sellers.

Check these threads they are facing SERIOUS issues in their lives as well. seeing these is frustrating

Its too risky to work on Fiverr as FULL TIME BASIS because they don’t care about Loyal sellers at all. I think Fiverr Team needs dedicated team to investigate issues like this. I feel really sorry about you I hope and wish your new account will be successful
Writing this just to tell that I really do not like how fiverr behaves in recent period, especially in relationship with long term sellers. I am not sure about others but here is my short story: 8 years on fiverr, TRS for like 5 years than few months ago I lost TRS because of fiverr not good system, some guy ordered couple of gigs by mistake and I could only cancel it. My cancellation rate went below 90% so I was automatically demoted to level 2. In next 2 months I went to almost all stats 100…

I think Fiverr should have a proper way to PROTECT old sellers

I agree and I think Fiverr rules are too harsh and make me feel so insecure to work on this website, that I lost all motivation here. Fiverr was my full time job until 3 months ago.

I got 2 violations of TOS, first one I never get to know why, second - because of the glitch, I send the ready file, it was attached, but after a while, it wasn’t… So bam!

Last year I was earning around 2-3k+, this month will be $100. 😃 No joke.

So definitely, I don’t see a future here anymore unless they fix things (I doubt), everyone could be so easily demoted and deleted, I don’t think you are in ‘safe’ place, no matter how much you try.

Unfortunately Fiverr loses skilful people all the time, who are working hard and bringing them money and I will never understand why they keep this policy.

CS does not have the ability to change things as they did in the past. It’s out of their hands.

I long for the good old days when more than one CS person would discuss it with me and work out something that would benefit me or fix a problem. There would be a very careful weighing of all the facts surrounding an issue. CS does not have that discretionary power any more.

The solutions are all automated and go against the seller, no matter what. There is no room for mistakes on a seller’s part.

the good old days when more than one CS person would discuss it with me

weighing of all the facts surrounding an issue. CS does not have that discretionary power any more.

Costs. Man hours = money = avoidable costs that affect their profit.

the good old days when more than one CS person would discuss it with me

weighing of all the facts surrounding an issue. CS does not have that discretionary power any more.

Costs. Man hours = money = avoidable costs that affect their profit.

Costs . Man hours = money = avoidable costs that affect their profit.

Amazon takes the opposite approach. Solve each problem in the buyers favor and simply give a refund. Take about five minutes to do it. Watch profits soar.

What would happen if fiverr once again solved each seller’s issue with thoughtfulness and allowed them to remain as a seller with a strict warning, if they had been a proven seller for at least three years?

If they quadupled the staff numbers at customer support? If they had dedicated staff to only deal with sellers, and to only deal with buyers? If they had three levels that could be appealed to? If more money and time was given to support?

Guest merciavideo

Amazon takes the opposite approach. Solve each problem in the buyers favor and simply give a refund. Take about five minutes to do it. Watch profits soar.

What would happen if fiverr once again solved each seller’s issue with thoughtfulness and allowed them to remain as a seller with a strict warning, if they had been a proven seller for at least three years?

If they quadupled the staff numbers at customer support? If they had dedicated staff to only deal with sellers, and to only deal with buyers? If they had three levels that could be appealed to? If more money and time was given to support?

Solve each problem in the buyers favor and simply give a refund.

Great if you’re an Amazon buyer, not so good if you’re selling.

Watch profits soar.

And sellers leave…😉

Solve each problem in the buyers favor and simply give a refund.

Great if you’re an Amazon buyer, not so good if you’re selling.

Watch profits soar.

And sellers leave…😉

I’m just saying that there is another way to do customer support and it might increase profits if they went back to doing it like they used to. They might have to have a much larger support staff and put a lot more money into it but it might increase profits.

would happen if fiverr once again solved each seller’s issue with thoughtfulness

They would burn the profit of their five dollars marketplace.

If and when Amazon, or Google, or Microsoft/LinkedIn, or Ebay, or PayPal will enter in the freelance - business service market with a foot or two they will have some problem.

would happen if fiverr once again solved each seller’s issue with thoughtfulness

They would burn the profit of their five dollars marketplace.

If and when Amazon, or Google, or Microsoft/LinkedIn, or Ebay, or PayPal will enter in the freelance - business service market with a foot or two they will have some problem.

To lose a seller who earns fiverr over $20,000 a year for the last six years over a stupid mistake seems to be counter productive for fiverr.

Guest merciavideo

I’m just saying that there is another way to do customer support and it might increase profits if they went back to doing it like they used to. They might have to have a much larger support staff and put a lot more money into it but it might increase profits.

I’m just saying that there is another way to do customer support and it might increase profits if they went back to doing it like they used to.

Agreed - but every new change seems to be to reduce the involvement of CS between buyers and sellers.

Addded - Also, if Fiverr adopted ‘the buyer’s always right’ as you’ve said Amazon does, it would lead to more unhappy sellers on here, not fewer.

To lose a seller who earns fiverr over $20,000 a year for the last six years over a stupid mistake seems to be counter productive for fiverr.

a seller who earns fiverr over $20,000 a year for the last six years over a stupid mistake

That is not each seller’s issue .

I’m just saying that there is another way to do customer support and it might increase profits if they went back to doing it like they used to.

Agreed - but every new change seems to be to reduce the involvement of CS between buyers and sellers.

Addded - Also, if Fiverr adopted ‘the buyer’s always right’ as you’ve said Amazon does, it would lead to more unhappy sellers on here, not fewer.

I think they should try going in the opposite direction, and increase and improve customer support rather than banning so much… Relying on banning so you don’t have to interact or make a decision or work with a good proven seller a little might not be the best approach.

a seller who earns fiverr over $20,000 a year for the last six years over a stupid mistake

That is not each seller’s issue .

Assuming she would continue for another five years at that rate it has cost them $100,000 to ban her, and over what? If it was someone who was only earning $100 a month maybe banning would make more sense. What if they ban 50 like her a year? That’s $5,000,000 a year they lose.

It would be prudent to triple the number of CS staff and have more lenient rules for high earners who make one dumb mistake.

@mclabzsolutions How do you know they were unfair?

The one definitely unfair thing is the cancellations that sellers can’t help being counted against them.

As far as the so called unfair things we hear about on the forum after you find out the details you learn they were not unfair but actual violations of the TOS.

There is a lot of hand wringing lately about “unfair” things on fiverr.

These are excuses for failing. Stop making excuses or trying to find reasons so you don’t feel bad if you fail and can put the blame for it elsewhere.

I am talking about terms of service violations. Not buyer/seller issues.

People are getting banned for the stupid mistake of delivering an empty or incomplete order, even long time sellers. I think fiverr does not want to baby sellers who do this stupid mistake. It’s too serious to look the other way, or say ok just don’t do it again.

Let me tell you an unfair TOS I got. one buyer left me a negative review saying Cancel this order then I agreed to cancel for that. unluckily on same day I got another negative review saying very good seller which it was buyer’s mistake I requested him to change the review and sent a message to Fiverr CS because he didn’t know how to change it BOOM I got a TOS violation in the same day. I am just asking to have a proper INVESTIGATING SYSTEM for us not much. I asked FIVERR CS to investigate about this but they sent me a template message I got TOS violation for doing nothing

Guest jasonwoodman

Let me tell you an unfair TOS I got. one buyer left me a negative review saying Cancel this order then I agreed to cancel for that. unluckily on same day I got another negative review saying very good seller which it was buyer’s mistake I requested him to change the review and sent a message to Fiverr CS because he didn’t know how to change it BOOM I got a TOS violation in the same day. I am just asking to have a proper INVESTIGATING SYSTEM for us not much. I asked FIVERR CS to investigate about this but they sent me a template message I got TOS violation for doing nothing

Completely reasonable request

Guest merciavideo

Sorry - no.

Old sellers and buyers, new sellers and buyers - all should obey the same rules. They’re not difficult to follow.

In real life, you don’t pay an insurance premium in case you do something for which you might end up in jail. You either stick to the rules or pay the consequences.

I don’t want to be buying from somebody who’s broken Fiverr’s ToS but bought a ‘mulligan’ so they can carry on selling. What if my order’s their next mistake? What confidence could I have knowing that sellers could buy their way out of trouble based on how long they’ve had their account?

Sorry - no.

Old sellers and buyers, new sellers and buyers - all should obey the same rules. They’re not difficult to follow.

In real life, you don’t pay an insurance premium in case you do something for which you might end up in jail. You either stick to the rules or pay the consequences.

I don’t want to be buying from somebody who’s broken Fiverr’s ToS but bought a ‘mulligan’ so they can carry on selling. What if my order’s their next mistake? What confidence could I have knowing that sellers could buy their way out of trouble based on how long they’ve had their account?

This is not about breaking RULES. I am asking them to investigate properly before banning an old seller

I think they should try going in the opposite direction, and increase and improve customer support rather than banning so much… Relying on banning so you don’t have to interact or make a decision or work with a good proven seller a little might not be the best approach.

increase and improve customer support

I think that they do this now, but mainly for buyers. If you are a buyer on Amazon, you have a great experience. Many FBA sellers on Amazon have moved back to Ebay or elsewhere over this, so it isn’t great for all the sellers even if they have made many sales. (I used to be one, so I have some experience.)

Relying on banning so you don’t have to interact or make a decision or work with a good proven seller

I honestly believe that many of these cases are not as obvious as they look when people post on the forum. There are some mistakes made, I’m sure, but for the most part you don’t see the whole picture or all sides when someone posts about a ban. A seller who gets banned is rarely going to come to the forum and agree that they broke too many major rules or that they assumed they would get away with a major violation because of their tenure. They may not tell about angry things they said to buyers who left negative reviews or how they handled their own customer support.

I’m not going to get into an in-depth back and forth about all this since I’ve said these things before. I just wanted to make a point. There is almost always more to a story and customer support for companies usually favors people making purchases. There are always more people who want to sell things, but the pool of people who want to buy things is finicky and limited.

This is not about breaking RULES. I am asking them to investigate properly before banning an old seller

I am asking them to investigate properly before banning an old seller

You don’t know if they do or not. You only know what the seller says in public. (No offense intended, honestly, but this includes your story. I believe that you feel you were mistreated and that a human Support person can make a mistake. I have no way of knowing the Support side.)

Assuming she would continue for another five years at that rate it has cost them $100,000 to ban her, and over what? If it was someone who was only earning $100 a month maybe banning would make more sense. What if they ban 50 like her a year? That’s $5,000,000 a year they lose.

It would be prudent to triple the number of CS staff and have more lenient rules for high earners who make one dumb mistake.

If it was someone who was only earning $100 a month maybe banning would make more sense.

So the fairness of a rule depends on the money gained or lost.

Great.

Really.

Great.

Guest merciavideo

I am asking them to investigate properly before banning an old seller

How do you know they didn’t? Neither of us are involved with Fiverr CS so don’t know the ins and outs of any case.

If it was someone who was only earning $100 a month maybe banning would make more sense.

So the fairness of a rule depends on the money gained or lost.

Great.

Really.

Great.

absolutely not ! however if a seller has 100k 200k… nk earnings in a few years it’s pretty much obvious that he is doing an awesome job … It’s not fair to ban/demote someone for a single mistake when he/she has 1000,2000,10000+ reviews … because it’s obviously that people gave them those rating because he is good in what he does … also we as sellers can’t control everything , there are many bugs on Fiverr that prevent us to deliver files for example , I know people that got banned because the files that they were uploading simply didn’t go through … last week all my delivered files simply vanished from the order page for some reason , they appeared after hours … fortunately nothing bad happened .

Sorry - no.

Sorry - no.

In real life, its common for workers to unionize and/or be able to have matters properly investigated when issues arise.

I walk into a store. I ask where the nice man is who usually helps me pack my bags. If I get told that he was fired for a super secret reason which was so secret it even had to be kept from him, I’m probably going to think “ah… Gulag,” and never go back.

Some people do break TOS willingly and unwillingly. However, a lot of sellers are realizing that a lot of bugs, false positives, and deliberate misinterpretations of client communications on the part of CS is leading to account bans.

last week all my delivered files simply vanished from the order page for some reason , they appeared after hours … fortunately nothing bad happened .

I had this exact bug last week. Did I break TOS?

The same problems are being reported over and over. As a result, more sellers are losing trust and that lack of trust is spilling over into external review sites. As a buyer, you’ll simply have to decide what you think is better for you in the long-term. A platform where seller problems get properly investigated and some sellers might be given the benefit of doubt, or a platform which churns sellers out like mincemeat for the sake easier CS office hours,

Sorry - no.

In real life, its common for workers to unionize and/or be able to have matters properly investigated when issues arise.

I walk into a store. I ask where the nice man is who usually helps me pack my bags. If I get told that he was fired for a super secret reason which was so secret it even had to be kept from him, I’m probably going to think “ah… Gulag,” and never go back.

Some people do break TOS willingly and unwillingly. However, a lot of sellers are realizing that a lot of bugs, false positives, and deliberate misinterpretations of client communications on the part of CS is leading to account bans.

last week all my delivered files simply vanished from the order page for some reason , they appeared after hours … fortunately nothing bad happened .

I had this exact bug last week. Did I break TOS?

The same problems are being reported over and over. As a result, more sellers are losing trust and that lack of trust is spilling over into external review sites. As a buyer, you’ll simply have to decide what you think is better for you in the long-term. A platform where seller problems get properly investigated and some sellers might be given the benefit of doubt, or a platform which churns sellers out like mincemeat for the sake easier CS office hours,

I wonder if anyone got banned when that happened to them.

Archived