Fiverr Account Insurance/Protection for Old Sellers

Let me tell you an unfair TOS I got. one buyer left me a negative review saying Cancel this order then I agreed to cancel for that. unluckily on same day I got another negative review saying very good seller which it was buyer’s mistake I requested him to change the review and sent a message to Fiverr CS because he didn’t know how to change it BOOM I got a TOS violation in the same day. I am just asking to have a proper INVESTIGATING SYSTEM for us not much. I asked FIVERR CS to investigate about this but they sent me a template message I got TOS violation for doing nothing

I agree that we need to be able to ask buyers about bad reviews they leave. We need to find out if it was a mistake and have a way to correct it if it was. That shouldn’t be a reason to give a seller a violation notice.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not about breaking RULES. I am asking them to investigate properly before banning an old seller

I am asking them to investigate properly before banning an old seller

Old sellers only? You think that they shouldn’t investigate properly before banning new sellers, or sellers who don’t meet the definition of old, whatever the definition may be?

I wouldn’t have known except for seeing it on the forums we are not supposed to contact buyers who leave bad reviews to ask if it was a mistake.

Why can’t fiverr send the list of violations to sellers once a month routinely that might get them banned?

It should be sent in email messages to sellers every month the things they shouldn’t do.

I wouldn’t have known except for seeing it on the forums we are not supposed to contact buyers who leave bad reviews to ask if it was a mistake.

Why can’t fiverr send the list of violations to sellers once a month routinely that might get them banned?

It should be sent in email messages to sellers every month the things they shouldn’t do.

The only thing I found in the ToS is this: “Users are to refrain from spamming or soliciting previous Buyers or Sellers to pursue removing/modifying reviews or cancelling orders that do not align on Order Cancellation or Feedback policies.”

It says nothing about simply asking why the bad review, without spamming the buyer with modification demands, but I guess that someone might see a simple question as spam (or attempted soliciting).

I am asking them to investigate properly before banning an old seller

Old sellers only? You think that they shouldn’t investigate properly before banning new sellers, or sellers who don’t meet the definition of old, whatever the definition may be?

Being old means most of old sellers knows what TOS is and work according to it but when a old seller banned unfairly there should be a proper way to investigate it that is my point here

Yes, I received a rule violation out of nowhere, got demoted from TRS, then another one and yesterday I got banned. Just like the other people in those links, I was a full timer here for 5 years and a top rated seller for 4.5 years. I guess they don’t want good writers anymore, as most of the veterans got banned without reason here…

seriously I purchased some articles from you last month and I can still see you on my recently viewed gigs 😓

There is no reason to start a thread like this. If someone violates the TOS somehow they can be banned from fiverr. The rules aren’t hard to follow. It’s possible mistakes were made either by the sellers or by fiverr but each case is different.

There are plenty of old sellers here who won’t be banned.

Actually this is not the thing as your saying that everyone did a mistake, what if i tell you even i didn’t make any mistake and i get warning first i thought my buyer reported any issues so i get the warning, but when i contacted to CS they were saying i have enclosed the delivery with blank message. and everyone knows on fiverr that we cannot enclose the delivery without attaching files, and i have also screenshort of that order page.

There should be a proper way for seller to get trusted. i dont think a person can get 100+ 5 star review with scam or with wrong use of fiverr.

There should be a security for those who are working on fiverr from long term and they have good reviews. no one will be banned with someones mistake.

Sorry - no.

Old sellers and buyers, new sellers and buyers - all should obey the same rules. They’re not difficult to follow.

In real life, you don’t pay an insurance premium in case you do something for which you might end up in jail. You either stick to the rules or pay the consequences.

I don’t want to be buying from somebody who’s broken Fiverr’s ToS but bought a ‘mulligan’ so they can carry on selling. What if my order’s their next mistake? What confidence could I have knowing that sellers could buy their way out of trouble based on how long they’ve had their account?

In real life, its common for workers to unionize and/or be able to have matters properly investigated when issues arise.

I walk into a store. I ask where the nice man is who usually helps me pack my bags. If I get told that he was fired for a super secret reason which was so secret it even had to be kept from him, I’m probably going to think “ah… Gulag,” and never go back.

Some people do break TOS willingly and unwillingly. However, a lot of sellers are realizing that a lot of bugs, false positives, and deliberate misinterpretations of client communications on the part of CS is leading to account bans.

last week all my delivered files simply vanished from the order page for some reason , they appeared after hours … fortunately nothing bad happened .

I had this exact bug last week. Did I break TOS?

The same problems are being reported over and over. As a result, more sellers are losing trust and that lack of trust is spilling over into external review sites. As a buyer, you’ll simply have to decide what you think is better for you in the long-term. A platform where seller problems get properly investigated and some sellers might be given the benefit of doubt, or a platform which churns sellers out like mincemeat for the sake easier CS office hours,

In real life, its common for workers to unionize and/or be able to have matters properly investigated when issues arise.

Unions are for skilled labor seeking fair practices from the companies that employ them. We, as sellers here on Fiverr, are freelancers – contract workers at will. We may work here, or not work here entirely of our own choosing. We are not employed by Fiverr, nor is Fiverr obligated to address our demands (as an employer would to a labor union representing its skilled employees). A labor union does not, in any way, apply to freelance contract labor, because WE have control over where we choose to work – we are not beholden to a corporate entity that controls our employment.

If anyone dislikes working here (for any reason), they have the power to leave of their own choosing, and find work with their skills elsewhere. Trying to fit our freelancer status into the mold of an employee labor union shows a strong misunderstanding of what it means to be a freelance worker.

Unions are for skilled labor seeking fair practices from the companies that employ them. We, as sellers here on Fiverr, are freelancers – contract workers at will. We may work here, or not work here entirely of our own choosing. We are not employed by Fiverr, nor is Fiverr obligated to address our demands (as an employer would to a labor union representing its skilled employees). A labor union does not, in any way, apply to freelance contract labor, because WE have control over where we choose to work – we are not beholden to a corporate entity that controls our employment.

If anyone dislikes working here (for any reason), they have the power to leave of their own choosing, and find work with their skills elsewhere. Trying to fit our freelancer status into the mold of an employee labor union shows a strong misunderstanding of what it means to be a freelance worker.

Trying to fit our freelancer status into the mold of an employee labor union shows a strong misunderstanding of what it means to be a freelance worker.

Talk about taking things out of context.

However, if you feel so passionately that Fiverr should be encouraged to cause increasing levels of unnecessary stress for sellers, while hiding away from social responsibility prized by a lot of… oh, I don’t know, IPO investors, that is your right. Maybe you could volunteer as a new volunteer Fiverr ambassador. I think you’ve got just the kind of Fiverr unmpf the former ones were lacking. 😉

Trying to fit our freelancer status into the mold of an employee labor union shows a strong misunderstanding of what it means to be a freelance worker.

However, if you feel so passionately that Fiverr should be encouraged to cause increasing levels of unnecessary stress for sellers, while hiding away from social responsibility prized by a lot of… oh, I don’t know, IPO investors, that is your right. Maybe you could volunteer as a new volunteer Fiverr ambassador. I think you’ve got just the kind of Fiverr unmpf the former ones were lacking. 😉

I don’t see anything that was taken out of context.

Maybe you could volunteer as a new volunteer Fiverr ambassador.

I believe I already speak in support of how things are. And similarly, I have shared comments disagreeing with other things as well. Just because I disagree with you, doesn’t make me wrong. 😉

social responsibility prized by a lot of… oh, I don’t know, IPO investors

I would call having happy relaxed sellers a good business practice that has proven to increase profits of companies, rather than social responsibility but the bottom line is the same thing. The reason is not altruistic but smart and profitable.

I got a TOS violation that said something about a misuse of the delivery button and that I only should use the delivery button when I do actually deliver. It was regarding a $10 logo design gig… I pressed the button, attached the logo file, some hours later got the TOS violation. Contacted Custom Service, they told me there’s nothing they can do.

This alone should terrify every seller on Fiverr.

I read the forum. In this case, I, (unlike 99% of Fiverr users) was made aware of a delivery bug where attached files go missing after sending. Apparently, this is fixed now. However, last week, just as three orders should have been marked as complete, they somehow each reset themselves as just delivered and showed that they would be marked as complete in 3-days.

To my horror, I then noticed that each order was missing an attached delivery file.

I know for certain that I did attach files originally. Since the last bug, I have checked every order after delivery to make sure that files have attached and been sent correctly.

Quickly, I found the work files for each order and went to redeliver these. However, as I went back to each order page, there the attached documents were just like they should have been. Each order then automatically completed itself.

I assume that this glitch was caused by Fiverr reversing their decision to make me manually close orders, as since this time all my orders have automatically completed. However, what would have happened if all three of these buyers happened to be looking for their delivered files at the time? 3 deliveries with no attachments would be 3 warnings A.K.A a friendly notice from Fiverr to say GET OUT.

Bugs and unpredictable problems like this are why Fiverr needs to offer sellers better protection.

Also, for those who may want to selectively interpret what I just wrote, I did originally send all work in question as attatched files with each order via the delivery button. I did re-check each order after delivery to confirm that files had been sent successfully. Three days later, these attachments vanished momentarily while Fiverr was changing how my orders complete. Because they reappeared, I did not need to resend any delivery and each buyer left a 5-star review for each order.

I’ve attached files and had them go missing. I always double and triple check before leaving the site.

This is amazing, a bug that removes what we attach to our delivery. Then we can get banned for an empty delivery.

The files go missing a short time after delivery as I recall. You go back the next day, or a few hours later and surprise! Nothing there.

I just cannot see how they can say I sent an “empty delivery.” I have never done so, so I wonder if it is possible I accidentally clicked that button instead of a regular conversation. I suppose it is possible but I have no way to know and certainly never intended to as all my work was done that day, and nothing was even due until next day. And I always complete orders before deadline and my stats are nearly perfect 99-100%

And I guess they can SAY I had more than one account, but I have screenshots that show I had prior written permission to help my daughter set up her account using my computer. She is a young mom and I was trying to help her make an income from home at fiverr because I had such good success. CS even said they thought I’d be the perfect person to help her get set up (their words not mine:-). I’d was always happy to help anyone get started working at fiverr, but i have only ONE account. Often working 16 hours a day, I could not possibly handle more than one. But it just seems insane to me to close my account. Neither of these things should be grounds to take away a $100k year income, and ruin a loyal fiverr seller with 7 years 5 star rating. It took me years to create my instant messages, build a clientele, become TRS and build my reputation. I just do not understand. Please beware, my friends. I’d be sad to see anyone else suffer this kind of ruination.

This is amazing, a bug that removes what we attach to our delivery. Then we can get banned for an empty delivery.

The files go missing a short time after delivery as I recall. You go back the next day, or a few hours later and surprise! Nothing there.

Another issue I realized: Sometimes I have over 20 files, but Fiverr only allows 20 to attach at one time. Technically, I’m breaking the rules then if I only deliver 20 files, then the next ten with “deliver again”. I’d put all the files into one, but my client likes them separated. This is an example of Fiverr being totally inflexible. Soon we won’t be able to work at all.

Another issue I realized: Sometimes I have over 20 files, but Fiverr only allows 20 to attach at one time. Technically, I’m breaking the rules then if I only deliver 20 files, then the next ten with “deliver again”. I’d put all the files into one, but my client likes them separated. This is an example of Fiverr being totally inflexible. Soon we won’t be able to work at all.

@meldawn9 Have you consulted customer support about how you could do this?

I know what you mean. I’ve clicked on switch to selling at least two dozen times today.

There seem to be more roadblocks than necessary lately to doing things we need to do.

There are no people to talk to, no one to to check. They say they do, but that is not possible because I know their accusations to be inaccurate. It is devastating.

There are no people to talk to, no one to to check. They say they do, but that is not possible because I know their accusations to be inaccurate. It is devastating.

I understand your frustration, but I just don’t see Fiverr lying – as you claim – just to ruin you for no reason. That’s just not how Fiverr operates. And, if you were indeed as successful as you claim, Fiverr would be losing a great deal of income by doing so. Your accusations against Fiverr just don’t make any sense.

If they took action against your account, their claims were indeed accurate, and real. You obviously did something you weren’t supposed to (even if you don’t remember what that was). Their reasons had to have been sound – so much so that they decided whatever you did wrong needed action, even though it meant that Fiverr lost all revenue from your account.

I’m sorry to hear that this has happened to you, but it doesn’t sound like Fiverr did this without just cause. The stakes were too high just to get rid of your account for no reason.

Unfortunately, though, the only way you’re going to get any answers is from CS themselves. You can certainly vent here, on the forums, but we can’t do anything to either provide the reasons for Fiverr’s actions, nor fix the situation itself. We don’t have that power. Therefore, in the end, Fiverr has the final word. If they are willing to address the issue further, that’s great. But if they say no, then the answer is no.

Thanks for your reply, but I don’t think I even implied fiverr was lying. I do know that they made a mistake, because I would be in the very best position to actually know what happened. I am not sure why fiverr would make me a TRS for 7 years if i really broke rules. CS does not respond, so this is the actual problem. If someone would actually check, they’d see I am being 100% truthful, as I have been for 7 years here 🙂 I have read here they have done this to others, and I also read that there was some kind of “bug” in the delivery button. They just need real people to handle situations, not just canned response or depending on stats that could be affected by a bug.

Archived