Fiverr is simply lost !?

xuntes

The filters should be fixed, but search keywords can still help all of us.

I agree with you here. I mess with my keywords a lot, mainly in the title but also tags. I don’t do it unless that gig is slow. Sometimes I add a super clear tag to the title itself and Search still shows zero results. The last time it happened I edited it once a week for 3 weeks thinking it would hit the “trigger” but it didn’t. I finally wrote to Support and wrote the nicest and shortest explanation I could. They actually fixed it but mentioned that they might not always be able to fix those things. :roll_eyes:

it’s not based on quality, because quality is subjective and fiverr cant quantify this. What is high quality for me, may not be to you.

Since Fiverr does manually review some gigs, I’d say they do take some measurable things into consideration. For example, a high quality gig has a gig description that is written well enough to understand. I don’t think that means fluent English, but it means better than gibberish. If a gig looks like what Fiverr calls a “Nonsense gig” they will remove it from search or just delete it. That’s just one example, but it’s something staff have said they take into account for editorial focus. (One thing we know for sure is that if your gig isn’t in current editorial focus, Fiverr will just take it right out of search even if it’s still live.)

Also it’s doesnt favor higher prices. This was already discussed before and mentioned to fiverr team, but they states that it’s not a factor to evaluate gig performance.

I’m not sure when or where you saw this stated, but I’ve seen a staff member openly say something to the contrary in a public online conference. It was fairly recent, definitely way after the introduction of Pros. Price wasn’t the only factor by any means, but they were using all sorts of tools to incentivize buyers to purchase higher priced gigs. When I use search right now, gigs that are $10+ show up higher on the page for the most part. I will see a random $5 gig in the higher results too. There was a time that I saw $5 gigs emphasized, just like there was a time I would see gigs with cover videos emphasized. Those times have changed as far as I can see.

Your opinion is fair enough, I’m not hassling you about it, but I mildly disagree that ratings are as important as a more even mixture of factors including price and measurable types of quality.

Since Fiverr does manually review some gigs, I’d say they do take some measurable things into consideration. For example, a high quality gig has a gig description that is written well enough to understand. I don’t think that means fluent English, but it means better than gibberish. If a gig looks like what Fiverr calls a “Nonsense gig” they will remove it from search or just delete it. That’s just one example, but it’s something staff have said they take into account for editorial focus. (One thing we know for sure is that if your gig isn’t in current editorial focus, Fiverr will just take it right out of search even if it’s still live.)

But this is nothing to do with the gig performance, which, theoretically affects placement. I understand that you can become a TRS or PRO, for example, but it still doesn’t affect your placement. The final quality is based on personal buyers satisfaction, which is normally represented as stars rating.

So no, I’m pretty sure fiverr dont change placements manually on the quality they believe a gig has.

I’m not sure when or where you saw this stated, but I’ve seen a staff member openly say something to the contrary in a public online conference. It was fairly recent, definitely way after the introduction of Pros. Price wasn’t the only factor by any means, but they were using all sorts of tools to incentivize buyers to purchase higher priced gigs. When I use search right now, gigs that are $10+ show up higher on the page for the most part. I will see a random $5 gig in the higher results too. There was a time that I saw $5 gigs emphasized, just like there was a time I would see gigs with cover videos emphasized. Those times have changed as far as I can see.

Last time I contacted fiverr CS to suggest that higher prices delivries (not high priced gig) to be consider as weight in gig performances, they said they didn’t use this. I hope they use then, but I don’t believe they are doing this.

Right now I see they use the high priced gigs to be first on RECOMMENDED filter, at gigs ranking.

If higher prices would be a factor for BEST SELLING, we would be seeing just high prices gigs on top (which is not happening) OR, if it was based on gigs MONEY INCOME, we wouldn’t see these shy gigs with only 20 reviews at top.

I only believe they are trying to make the most profit possible, but if they found the way for this, they wouldn’t be testing their algorithm yet.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, gig price or rather, Average Gig Selling Price is a big factor in ranking.

Fiverr would be stupid not to make it that way.

Again, if they would be considering this now, we probably would’t see low rated gigs on top based on only $5 gigs (some don’t have even packages or extras) at best selling.

Consider taking a look at RECOMMENDED filter. This place is where the high priced gigs are on top.

The filters should be fixed, but search keywords can still help all of us.

I agree with you here. I mess with my keywords a lot, mainly in the title but also tags. I don’t do it unless that gig is slow. Sometimes I add a super clear tag to the title itself and Search still shows zero results. The last time it happened I edited it once a week for 3 weeks thinking it would hit the “trigger” but it didn’t. I finally wrote to Support and wrote the nicest and shortest explanation I could. They actually fixed it but mentioned that they might not always be able to fix those things. :roll_eyes:

it’s not based on quality, because quality is subjective and fiverr cant quantify this. What is high quality for me, may not be to you.

Also it’s doesnt favor higher prices. This was already discussed before and mentioned to fiverr team, but they states that it’s not a factor to evaluate gig performance.

Your opinion is fair enough, I’m not hassling you about it, but I mildly disagree that ratings are as important as a more even mixture of factors including price and measurable types of quality.

Yes, if you look up voiceover, you barely get any $5 results, unless you filter, because Fiverr wants to make more money on a higher priced order,

Yes, if you look up voiceover, you barely get any $5 results, unless you filter, because Fiverr wants to make more money on a higher priced order,

Again, try filtering by BEST SELLING, which is the scope of all this post. If you filter by best selling it still shows more $5 gigs. I just did the test on voice over as you mentioned.

If you stick with recommended/relevance, which there is nothing to do with best selling, then it shows higher priced gigs.

By the way, the algorithm does’t differ a gig category. Voice over or logos designs or any other are the same.

But I agree with you, they are trying to do as much money as possible, but I believe they still didn’t find a way, or they would’t be testing their algorithm over 15 months consecutively.

Again, if they would be considering this now, we probably would’t see low rated gigs on top based on only $5 gigs (some don’t have even packages or extras) at best selling.

Consider taking a look at RECOMMENDED filter. This place is where the high priced gigs are on top.

I also believe that there are a certain number of “Random” gigs added in to results too. This accounts for the fact that some gigs just have no reason to be there! It has long been the case that some new sellers get a boost when they start.

Again, try filtering by BEST SELLING, which is the scope of all this post. If you filter by best selling it still shows more $5 gigs. I just did the test on voice over as you mentioned.

If you stick with recommended/relevance, which there is nothing to do with best selling, then it shows higher priced gigs.

By the way, the algorithm does’t differ a gig category. Voice over or logos designs or any other are the same.

But I agree with you, they are trying to do as much money as possible, but I believe they still didn’t find a way, or they would’t be testing their algorithm over 15 months consecutively.

I know I was just giving an example.

I also believe that there are a certain number of “Random” gigs added in to results too. This accounts for the fact that some gigs just have no reason to be there! It has long been the case that some new sellers get a boost when they start.

Yes, on there first page there are a few junk gigs with low rating that pop up. I don’t know why

Guest offlinehelpers

Yes, on there first page there are a few junk gigs with low rating that pop up. I don’t know why

Could we please try to stop describing other sellers’ gigs as junk, mediocre etc.?

Which is fine and dandy with me, if I go to Subway, If I don’t choose their popular $5 footlong. Maybe, I just want a more expensive 🥪 steak combo w/ the chips & drink, oh, and I can’t forget about the 🍪.

Variety is the spice of life!

Which is fine and dandy with me, if I go to Subway, If I don’t choose their popular $5 footlong. Maybe, I just want a more expensive 🥪 steak combo w/ the chips & drink, oh, and I can’t forget about the 🍪.

Variety is the spice of life!

It makes sense in Fiverr’s perspective and in the voiceover artists perspective…if you have a budget you can simply filter…

Now, if you want to find $5 gig, you’ve gotta work for it, and use the filters and search results accordingly.

Could we please try to stop describing other sellers’ gigs as junk, mediocre etc.?

There are A LOT of gigs like this on first and other pages. Could we please pretend that every gig is good?

Like I mentioned, I already see logo design gigs with WORD made covers (even with the red underlined over a misspelled word).

It may not be kind to describe some gigs like this, but it’s true.

As many new sellers describe veterans as arrogant. It’s own opinion, which I respect, but I don’t need to accept.

Sorry to interrupt, but no! Not every skinny rated / unrated new seller is shown as a best seller.

I’m new and although I made 3 sales and have two 5 star reviews since end of April (1 for each one of my gigs: English to Spanish translations & Spanish proofreading/editing), I don’t appear in best-selling.

If you were absolutely right then, with whom should I complain?

Please don’t take this as if I’m trying to sabotage, I’m not. I’m just trying to make you think in a logical way and put things in perspective.

Sorry to interrupt, but no! Not every skinny rated / unrated new seller is shown as a best seller.

I’m new and although I made 3 sales and have two 5 star reviews since end of April (1 for each one of my gigs: English to Spanish translations & Spanish proofreading/editing), I don’t appear in best-selling.

If you were absolutely right then, with whom should I complain?

Please don’t take this as if I’m trying to sabotage, I’m not. I’m just trying to make you think in a logical way and put things in perspective.

Maybe you should read all posts. Nobody is saying that that every skinny rated / unrated new seller is shown as a best seller.

We are talking that there is skinny rated / unrated new seller shown as best sellers, while they aren’t. Delivering good orders and receiving good reviews don’t make you a best seller.

Fiverr states that the placement is based on your lately performance, while it’s not being like this. If it were true, a seller with 22000 reviews would be placed in front of a seller with 22 reviews, like it’s happening now.

of course not, don’t worry. You just got it out of context.

Maybe you should read all posts. Nobody is saying that that every skinny rated / unrated new seller is shown as a best seller.

We are talking that there is skinny rated / unrated new seller shown as best sellers, while they aren’t. Delivering good orders and receiving good reviews don’t make you a best seller.

Fiverr states that the placement is based on your lately performance, while it’s not being like this. If it were true, a seller with 22000 reviews would be placed in front of a seller with 22 reviews, like it’s happening now.

of course not, don’t worry. You just got it out of context.

I’m sorry to upset you, it wasn’t my intention. Please accept my apologies!

What I’m trying to make you understand is that the concept of best selling depends of the parameter established to measure it.

Let’s say you have more or less 1k reviews since 2014, that makes about 20 reviews per month. Now, let’s take a new seller that joined on June and has 20 reviews.

As you may see, both of you have the same monthly average review. So I think it’s fair to say that this new seller has also earned his right to be a best seller!

Now let’s say there’s a new seller that joined on March and has 75 reviews. That makes 25 reviews per month! I would also say that this new seller has also earned his right to be a best seller!

Please, don’t judge people’s performance the way you’re doing it just because some sellers have plenty of k reviews due to longer time working with Fiverr, some new sellers may do and can do as well or better in short time!

What I’m trying to make you understand is that the concept of best selling depends of the parameter established to measure it.

Let’s say you have more or less 1k reviews since 2014, that makes about 20 reviews per month. Now, let’s take a new seller that joined on June and has 20 reviews.

As you may see, both of you have the same monthly average review. So I think it’s fair to say that this new seller has also earned his right to be a best seller!

Now let’s say there’s a new seller that joined on March and has 75 reviews. That makes 25 reviews per month! I would also say that this new seller has also earned his right to be a best seller!

Please, don’t judge people’s performance the way you’re doing it just because some sellers have plenty of k reviews due to longer time working with Fiverr, some new sellers may do and can do as well or better in short time!

what? ahahahaha

you didn’t upset me. It’s just healty conversation. Don’t worry, I was just explaining.

The parameters are of performance are for a certain period, they don’t say, but it’s about the last 30-90 days performance (as I imagine, for all these years I’m at fiverr).

The example I used, one seller has 22 reviews in 1 month, the other (with total 22000 reviews) has the same amount of reviews in less than a single day.

I’m not supposing their reviews, or performance. I’m comparing facts.

As you may see, the one with total 22k reviews, is performing better than the one with just 22.

I’m not judging anyone. I’m judging the discrepancy of the short period (30-90 days).

So I’m asking you, which one has the best performance? the one with total 22 reviews (in 1 month), or the one with 22000 reviews total (with about 20 reviews in 1 day)?

PS: the one with 22 is in top of search, and the one with 22000 just lost in some pages behind.

ALSO, we never talked about the lifetime performance of a gig. I believe you should judge the conversation here inside the context. Again, I suggest to read all posts before judging.

No, you have earned the right to be considered a statistical equal in terms of your average monthly reviews.

No, you have earned the right to be considered a statistical equal in terms of your average monthly reviews.

Like I said, if it was like @maitasun supposed, then the one with 22k reviews should be in front anyway, because he/she got the same amount of reviews in a single day, while the other in a single month.

It’s just a joke @maitasun , please don’t understand me in the wrong way. But “you should take a look at the sea before taking the wave”.

Like I said, if it was like @maitasun supposed, then the one with 22k reviews should be in front anyway, because he/she got the same amount of reviews in a single day, while the other in a single month.

It’s just a joke @maitasun , please don’t understand me in the wrong way. But “you should take a look at the sea before taking the wave”.

First of all, excuse me for quoting manually I don’t know how to do it automatically.

@xuntes stated:

“The parameters are of performance are for a certain period, they don’t say, but it’s about the last 30-90 days performance (as I imagine, for all these years I’m at fiverr).”

How can you assure is 30 to 90 days if Fiverr doesn’t say? Guessing is not good for objective and logical reasoning. What you think or imagine, might not be Fiverr’s thinking and reasoning.

@xuntes said:

“The example I used, one seller has 22 reviews in 1 month, the other (with total 22000 reviews) has the same amount of reviews in less than a single day. So I’m asking you, which one has the best performance? the one with total 22 reviews (in 1 month), or the one with 22000 reviews total (with about 20 reviews in 1 day)?”

The example I used was to illustrate my point but can be extrapolated to days in which case, we get the same same result. I’m sorry you’re extreming your examples, I won’t do the same because it’s impossible to compare pears with apples.

Now, I ask you, have you search and determine how many gigs perform at 20 reviews per day? I think not many.

@xuntes also said:

“PS: the one with 22 is in top of search, and the one with 22000 just lost in some pages behind.”

Well, maybe it’s because the one with the 22k reviews did have 20 reviews one day and none the rest of the month. Who knows… I’m sorry but I won’t waste my time looking to all the old and new gigs just to see how much is someone selling and if a new seller deverse to be listed as best seller. It’s not in my hand to change whatever parameter Fiverr is using and for sure, neither in yours!

@xuntes said:

“ALSO, we never talked about the lifetime performance of a gig. I believe you should judge the conversation here inside the context. Again, I suggest to read all posts before judging.”

I’m really sorry you’re so agresive! I haven’t taken anything away from context, I’m responding with arguments against your rant. And yes, I have read all the post since before it was moved to suggestions. 😉

When handling numbers, specially for what you’re complaining about, yes, you have to take into account the time span so to be realistic and as accurate as possible. If you just want to compare 30 to 90 days within all gigs, you have to put them all at the same level, meaning that the old gigs should only be evaluated for the sales/review they do in that same period of time no matter how they did before.

@xuntes said:

“Like I said, if it was like @maitasun supposed, then the one with 22k reviews should be in front anyway, because he/she got the same amount of reviews in a single day, while the other in a single month.”

I responded this before, please take a look above!

@xuntes stated:

“It’s just a joke, please don’t understand me in the wrong way. But “you should take a look at the sea before taking the wave”.”

May I say the same to you, please don’t understand me wrong! 😉

First of all, excuse me for quoting manually I don’t know how to do it automatically.

@xuntes stated:

“The parameters are of performance are for a certain period, they don’t say, but it’s about the last 30-90 days performance (as I imagine, for all these years I’m at fiverr).”

How can you assure is 30 to 90 days if Fiverr doesn’t say? Guessing is not good for objective and logical reasoning. What you think or imagine, might not be Fiverr’s thinking and reasoning.

@xuntes said:

“The example I used, one seller has 22 reviews in 1 month, the other (with total 22000 reviews) has the same amount of reviews in less than a single day. So I’m asking you, which one has the best performance? the one with total 22 reviews (in 1 month), or the one with 22000 reviews total (with about 20 reviews in 1 day)?”

The example I used was to illustrate my point but can be extrapolated to days in which case, we get the same same result. I’m sorry you’re extreming your examples, I won’t do the same because it’s impossible to compare pears with apples.

Now, I ask you, have you search and determine how many gigs perform at 20 reviews per day? I think not many.

@xuntes also said:

“PS: the one with 22 is in top of search, and the one with 22000 just lost in some pages behind.”

Well, maybe it’s because the one with the 22k reviews did have 20 reviews one day and none the rest of the month. Who knows… I’m sorry but I won’t waste my time looking to all the old and new gigs just to see how much is someone selling and if a new seller deverse to be listed as best seller. It’s not in my hand to change whatever parameter Fiverr is using and for sure, neither in yours!

@xuntes said:

“ALSO, we never talked about the lifetime performance of a gig. I believe you should judge the conversation here inside the context. Again, I suggest to read all posts before judging.”

I’m really sorry you’re so agresive! I haven’t taken anything away from context, I’m responding with arguments against your rant. And yes, I have read all the post since before it was moved to suggestions. 😉

When handling numbers, specially for what you’re complaining about, yes, you have to take into account the time span so to be realistic and as accurate as possible. If you just want to compare 30 to 90 days within all gigs, you have to put them all at the same level, meaning that the old gigs should only be evaluated for the sales/review they do in that same period of time no matter how they did before.

@xuntes said:

“Like I said, if it was like @maitasun supposed, then the one with 22k reviews should be in front anyway, because he/she got the same amount of reviews in a single day, while the other in a single month.”

I responded this before, please take a look above!

@xuntes stated:

“It’s just a joke, please don’t understand me in the wrong way. But “you should take a look at the sea before taking the wave”.”

May I say the same to you, please don’t understand me wrong! 😉

Well, maybe it’s because the one with the 22k reviews did have 20 reviews one day and none the rest of the month. Who knows

Look, we’ve discussed this topic multiple times over the years and Fiverr hasn’t been able to explain nor fix it.

We have gone through all these maybe scenarios, but if you filter Best Selling and you get a user who has not delivered a single order on the second spot then it doesn’t make any sense 🙂

I complained about this a year ago and nothing has changed. I even sent another email to CS to ask is it broken or what’s the logic behind it and they haven’t responded in 3 days. They don’t know what to answer 😛

image.png.d0b47c5e19c056fc40241ac90d3abae4.png

Well, maybe it’s because the one with the 22k reviews did have 20 reviews one day and none the rest of the month. Who knows

Look, we’ve discussed this topic multiple times over the years and Fiverr hasn’t been able to explain nor fix it.

We have gone through all these maybe scenarios, but if you filter Best Selling and you get a user who has not delivered a single order on the second spot then it doesn’t make any sense 🙂

I complained about this a year ago and nothing has changed. I even sent another email to CS to ask is it broken or what’s the logic behind it and they haven’t responded in 3 days. They don’t know what to answer 😛

Hi, @uxreview

As you know, Pros are a complete different world as well as pricing and if cash is one of the parameters that Fiverr is taking into account, then that’s a complete different story because there’s no way anyone of us can measure for the only reason of being private data to each seller.

Please, don’t get me wrong, I’m not backing Fiverr per se, I’m just being cold & objetive. If what Fiverr is displaying as best selling hasn’t a bug, then there are parameters that they’re taking into account and we haven’t figured out (BTW, they are not obliged to tell us). I’m just putting over the table one of the simplest explanitions that could be, that’s all.

Hi, @uxreview

As you know, Pros are a complete different world as well as pricing and if cash is one of the parameters that Fiverr is taking into account, then that’s a complete different story because there’s no way anyone of us can measure for the only reason of being private data to each seller.

Please, don’t get me wrong, I’m not backing Fiverr per se, I’m just being cold & objetive. If what Fiverr is displaying as best selling hasn’t a bug, then there are parameters that they’re taking into account and we haven’t figured out (BTW, they are not obliged to tell us). I’m just putting over the table one of the simplest explanitions that could be, that’s all.

Nope, you can’t be best selling if you haven’t sold anything.

Anyway, there’s no point arguing. I’m sure in a few months there’s another thread like this.

Anyway, there’s no point arguing. I’m sure in a few months there’s another thread like this.

@uxreview, you don’t know for sure if that Pro has or hasn’t sell something, remeber not all buyers leave reviews. 😉

you can’t be best selling if you haven’t sold anything .

I don’t disagree with this or with the fact that the Best Selling filter is messed up. I do think that it’s important to remember that we don’t know which criteria Fiverr uses: dollar amount? number of reviews? number of orders? in the case of Pros- even off-Fiverr proven sales?

Some of those would be silly to me (like the off-Fiverr sales) but I can’t be sure what Fiverr is doing. I also think it’s really critical to remember that one seller can have more reviews than another but the one with less reviews might have more actual unreviewed orders.

In spite of my devil’s advocate statements, some things don’t work out when you look at filters unless Fiverr is using some strange criteria, like the off-Fiverr sales or how many years the person has been an entrepreneur. I don’t think there is any proof that # of reviews is the primary criteria for best seller, though.

you can’t be best selling if you haven’t sold anything .

I don’t disagree with this or with the fact that the Best Selling filter is messed up. I do think that it’s important to remember that we don’t know which criteria Fiverr uses: dollar amount? number of reviews? number of orders? in the case of Pros- even off-Fiverr proven sales?

Some of those would be silly to me (like the off-Fiverr sales) but I can’t be sure what Fiverr is doing. I also think it’s really critical to remember that one seller can have more reviews than another but the one with less reviews might have more actual unreviewed orders.

In spite of my devil’s advocate statements, some things don’t work out when you look at filters unless Fiverr is using some strange criteria, like the off-Fiverr sales or how many years the person has been an entrepreneur. I don’t think there is any proof that # of reviews is the primary criteria for best seller, though.

I also think it’s really critical to remember that one seller can have more reviews than another but the one with less reviews might have more actual unreviewed orders.

Yep, I would look away if one has X reviews and other has Y reviews, but if you look at the profile and there’s nothing under recent delivery then I give up.

I’m still waiting for CS to reply, so will see if they have an answer. I’ll even take a template response if it makes sense 🙂

Archived