Fiverr is simply lost !?

xuntes

I am also a seller who earned a lot more before these changes,had more orders a day.
I was working 13h a day.
But I like to think this way,sellers with high quality work will stay,hence the ‘amateur’ ones will quit sooner or later.
Quality is the most important thing in every type of job.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please Jon, you always come with the same talk, which in this case there is nothing to do with the reason of this post. I didn’t open this because having sales or not, but because the ridiculous ranking it became since today. By manipulating buyers to believe that low performed gigs are the best sellers at fiverr. It’s not go to me, to you, to anyone else, even fiverr itself.

Keep in mind that Fiverr promotes individual gigs through direct mail, newsletters, blog posts, ads and so much more. The site rankings aren’t the only thing that determines how much exposure Fiverr is getting you.

Even though the site ranking does shift around it doesn’t change the fact that Fiverr is still actively promoting your services off-site.

P.S

This is an open forum, if you’re “TIRED” of @jonbaas making reasonable arguments then i’m “VERY TIRED” of constantly having to read whiny posts like this.

Keep in mind that Fiverr promotes individual gigs through direct mail, newsletters, blog posts, ads and so much more. The site rankings aren’t the only thing that determines how much exposure Fiverr is getting you.

I know this. I receive these kind of mails too, for example.

But I will repeat. I’m not talking about promotions, but about fiverr marketplace ONLY. There is a difference.

This is an open forum, if you’re “TIRED” of @jonbaas making reasonable arguments then i’m “VERY TIRED” of constantly having to read whiny posts like this.

Actually I’m not tired. it may not look like this, but I like to discuss with people. There is always something to lean, but in this case his comment there is nothing to do with this post. And since it’s an open forum I’m open to say this, right?

and I’ll repeat AGAIN: there is nothing to do with self promotion and orders, but about fiverr marketplace ONLY.

The only sellers who feel this impact are those who were on top and are being drag down, and those who were in the pages behind and then suddenly are on top of searches. Those in the middle probably didn’t noticed this.

EDIT:

I’m also a buyer, and everyday is becoming harder to find better gigs. But who matter with buyers opinion, right?

Guest joshcates

Please Jon, you always come with the same talk, which in this case there is nothing to do with the reason of this post. I didn’t open this because having sales or not, but because the ridiculous ranking it became since today. By manipulating buyers to believe that low performed gigs are the best sellers at fiverr. It’s not go to me, to you, to anyone else, even fiverr itself.

Even though the site ranking does shift around it doesn’t change the fact that Fiverr is still actively promoting your services off-site.

P.S

As I said in an earlier thread:

Seller has a bad month: This is Fiverr’s fault, they are screwing us, it’s going downhill.

Seller has a good month: This is 100% due to my quality and effort as a seller, I’m the best.

As I said in an earlier thread:

Seller has a bad month: This is Fiverr’s fault, they are screwing us, it’s going downhill.

Seller has a good month: This is 100% due to my quality and effort as a seller, I’m the best.

my best month (May 2018), my gig went from the top of ranking to the end of the second page.

I already made a research with new buyers (over 4 months), asking them how they got to me. 90% of them came to fiverr site and then research for a buyer.

From these 90%, half through keyword search, other half by browsing category rankings.

Only 10% came to fiverr due self promotions.

People think that fiverr is only about self promotion and etc, but it’s not. Most of new buyers come to fiverr and then look for their sellers, and “I’m fighting” because I want be fairly able to get these buyers.

AGAIN, the best promotion to a seller is their placement. If some day you get to the top (due to your performance, or by having lucky), you will understand what I’m talking about.

And like I said before, this best selling filter manipulation is misleading buyers to believe that low performed gigs are the real best sellers, while the true best sellers were hidden some pages behind.

By the way, if you research for a keyword (like VECTOR), you will see that the RELEVANCE results in search are different from BEST SELLING (search), but are similar with BEST SELLING at category ranking.

Since April 2017, fiverr is changing its ranking/search placement algorithm. It’s being 15 months of constant changes.

Before this date, it was simple: better performance = better placement at the marketplace, at least at best selling page. So if you are good and improving yourself, you will have better chances, by having a better placement.

Nowadays there is no coherence for this. You can be a mediocre seller, and then suddenly have your gig placed on top of searches, just because this “amazing” algorithm which values randomness instead ture performance.

Again, this “awesome” algorithm is manipulating buyers to believe that these gigs with only 10 reviews are the best sellers in the whole marketplace, while those buyers with THOUSANDS of hard-worked reviews were just drag down many pages.

Every single day is becoming harder and harder to have a long ter relationship, as seller, with fiverr, because no matter how hard you work, how hard you dedicate yourself with fiverr, tomorrow, your deserved placement is just given to a mediocre gig for no apparently reason.

I’m still trying to understand how a 60 rates gig (over 6 months) is consider better than a 6000 rates gig (which get the same amount of reviews in 10 days).

"give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

Fiverr is giving a man a fish.

edit:

TODAY Fiverr is giving a man a fish. Before this, as better we performed, better placement we had, and better chances of getting new buyers too.

Since April 2017, fiverr is changing its ranking/search placement algorithm. It’s being 15 months of constant changes.

So 15 months have passed, I vaguely remember having a discussion with you about that way back then. It’s clear now and has been for at least a year, you can’t rely on Fiverr to give you sales, ranking, income, or anything else. While I simply had a different opinion to you 15 months ago, 15 months on I just can’t relate to you at all.

Why would you not change how you manage your business when it became clear that Fiverr was unreliable as a source of income/sales?

Besides, you go on about how someone with lots of reviews must be a great seller and those with few are mediocre - It is simply not the case. Some of the complaints we see here are about sellers with tens of thousands of reviews. Number of reviews has a little to do with quality of service but not as much as you seem to think.

Guest offlinehelpers

So 15 months have passed, I vaguely remember having a discussion with you about that way back then. It’s clear now and has been for at least a year, you can’t rely on Fiverr to give you sales, ranking, income, or anything else. While I simply had a different opinion to you 15 months ago, 15 months on I just can’t relate to you at all.

Why would you not change how you manage your business when it became clear that Fiverr was unreliable as a source of income/sales?

Besides, you go on about how someone with lots of reviews must be a great seller and those with few are mediocre - It is simply not the case. Some of the complaints we see here are about sellers with tens of thousands of reviews. Number of reviews has a little to do with quality of service but not as much as you seem to think.

someone with lots of reviews must be a great seller and those with few are mediocre

To be honest, I’m getting a bit fed up of being described as ‘mediocre’ because I haven’t got squillions of reviews, repeat buyers, etc. etc.

Although it may not be aimed at me personally, the implication is that anyone who doesn’t have all of these things doesn’t deserve to have any success on Fiverr and shouldn’t actually be here at all.

Thinking of setting up a self-help group called ‘Fiverr Failures’. 🙂

Sorry but you are wrong with your last sentence.

How does number of reviews have a little to do with quality.

For example if seller provides poor work he wont get to lets say 2000 reviews just like that.

Before this date, it was simple: better performance = better placement at the marketplace, at least at best selling page. So if you are good and improving yourself, you will have better chances, by having a better placement.

Nowadays there is no coherence for this. You can be a mediocre seller, and then suddenly have your gig placed on top of searches, just because this “amazing” algorithm which values randomness instead ture performance.

Again, this “awesome” algorithm is manipulating buyers to believe that these gigs with only 10 reviews are the best sellers in the whole marketplace, while those buyers with THOUSANDS of hard-worked reviews were just drag down many pages.

Every single day is becoming harder and harder to have a long ter relationship, as seller, with fiverr, because no matter how hard you work, how hard you dedicate yourself with fiverr, tomorrow, your deserved placement is just given to a mediocre gig for no apparently reason.

I’m still trying to understand how a 60 rates gig (over 6 months) is consider better than a 6000 rates gig (which get the same amount of reviews in 10 days).

"give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

edit:

TODAY Fiverr is giving a man a fish. Before this, as better we performed, better placement we had, and better chances of getting new buyers too.

If you think Fiverr is giving anything away, then you must be lucky. This is a business site, not a charity site or an educational site. It’s possible to run a successful business on Fiverr and that’s been proven since the beginning. It hasn’t changed. It’s easy to fail as well.

Sorry but you are wrong with your last sentence.

How does number of reviews have a little to do with quality.

For example if seller provides poor work he wont get to lets say 2000 reviews just like that.

If someone does 2000 $5 logos, they get 2000 reviews - it means they provided logos worth around $5.

If someone does 100 $100 logos, they get 100 reviews - it means they provided logos worth around $100.

Rob Janoff has 3 reviews. He created the Apple logo and many other top brands. His price is $10k.

Which of these 3 sellers would I be more likely to buy from for my own business?

Well, I couldn’t afford Janoff, so I would likely go for the guy with 100 reviews and definitely wouldn’t go for the $5 one.

If someone does 2000 $5 logos, they get 2000 reviews - it means they provided logos worth around $5.

If someone does 100 $100 logos, they get 100 reviews - it means they provided logos worth around $100.

Rob Janoff has 3 reviews. He created the Apple logo and many other top brands. His price is $10k.

Which of these 3 sellers would I be more likely to buy from for my own business?

Well, I couldn’t afford Janoff, so I would likely go for the guy with 100 reviews and definitely wouldn’t go for the $5 one.

You can still see who gives a quality product and who does not,no matter the price.

My point is,someone who does cheap work,or copypaste someone elses wont get to large amount of reviews.

Someone who has quality,will get to a large amount of reviews. For sure. So its not that reviews dont matter.

We went offtopic a bit I think hahaha

Exactly. It’e being 15 months of having certain earnings, and then the next month just 50%. and then next being the best month and next the worst.

Before these 15 months I was just growing. A little each month but growing.

Honestly, I would prefer earning less than I earn at fiverr but being sure that my earnings will depend only on my performance, than earning more but depend on fiverr developing team mood.

Like I said before, I’m just seeking for a fair marketplace, nothing else. Giving placement to a seller won’t make them a good seller. They may have more sales, because the exposure, but these could also be bad sellers.

I’m sorry by the misunderstanding, but sometimes I don’t know how to express myself. When I sai mediocre, is only about a gig performance.

BEST SELLING should be used for best selling gigs. Beside this it’s only misleading buyers. And it’s only good for those sellers who were placed on top, not for those who “earned” the top placements.

Number of reviews has a little to do with quality of service but not as much as you seem to think.

Well, a gig with 22k reviews and 5 stars median seems for me to have a better quality than a gig with only 22 reviews and 5 stars. The first one proved to maintain the high standards over so many orders, while the second is a doubt yet.

I’ll repeat again, this is about the misleading buyers to believe that Best Selling are those low performed. If you ask right now to fiverr CS how placement works, they will answer the same answer as always (which it depends on gigs performance and etc), but right now it’s not like this.

When I go to an online market and I look for the best sellers, I want the best selling results, not random result.

The only filter that seems to work properly today is NEWEST ARRIVALS.

I’m just frustrated for being limited at fiverr marketplace. Like I said, I don’t mind people get helped, since it doesn’t prejudice someone else.

Maybe I’m a kind of fool for looking for fairness

someone with lots of reviews must be a great seller and those with few are mediocre

To be honest, I’m getting a bit fed up of being described as ‘mediocre’ because I haven’t got squillions of reviews, repeat buyers, etc. etc.

Although it may not be aimed at me personally, the implication is that anyone who doesn’t have all of these things doesn’t deserve to have any success on Fiverr and shouldn’t actually be here at all.

Thinking of setting up a self-help group called ‘Fiverr Failures’. 🙂

as just explained to @eoinfinnegan. it’s about gigs performances only.

Guest offlinehelpers

as just explained to @eoinfinnegan. it’s about gigs performances only.

I change my gigs on a regular basis so the gigs themselves have very few reviews. As a seller, I have over 400, just not on those gigs.

Added - but I guess 400ish reviews just isn’t anywhere near enough to be classed as a successful seller amongst all of those with thousands of reviews, so I’ll take myself off and be ‘mediocre’ elsewhere. It’s funny how it’s the ‘successful’ ones who are complaining.

You can still see who gives a quality product and who does not,no matter the price.

My point is,someone who does cheap work,or copypaste someone elses wont get to large amount of reviews.

Someone who has quality,will get to a large amount of reviews. For sure. So its not that reviews dont matter.

We went offtopic a bit I think hahaha

Good quality on a $5 purchase is very different from good quality on a $100 product.

Anyway, I agree, we have gone a little O/T so lets leave it there 🙂

If you think Fiverr is giving anything away, then you must be lucky. This is a business site, not a charity site or an educational site. It’s possible to run a successful business on Fiverr and that’s been proven since the beginning. It hasn’t changed. It’s easy to fail as well.

Yes I’m kind of lucky, because I lucky joined fiverr and made my reputation before these crazy changes.

As I keep repeating, this is a business stie, they can to what they want, But I’m 100% sure that misleading buyers to believe that a 22 reviews gig which is now on top is the best seller, and not that gig with 22,00 reviews which just was drag many pages behind.

The best sellers used to be on top for some reason, their performance. These were able to attract more buyers because it’s placement (better placement = better exposure = better chance to sell).

Today, sellers are on top of best selling just for no reason, because best sellers they arent. They may be good workers, but not best sellers (yet).

Yes I’m kind of lucky, because I lucky joined fiverr and made my reputation before these crazy changes.

As I keep repeating, this is a business stie, they can to what they want, But I’m 100% sure that misleading buyers to believe that a 22 reviews gig which is now on top is the best seller, and not that gig with 22,00 reviews which just was drag many pages behind.

The best sellers used to be on top for some reason, their performance. These were able to attract more buyers because it’s placement (better placement = better exposure = better chance to sell).

Today, sellers are on top of best selling just for no reason, because best sellers they arent. They may be good workers, but not best sellers (yet).

The Fiverr ranking system has never been particularly reliable as a sole-source of views or orders. I haven’t had good ranking in ages and I eventually stopped even looking because i’m making sales, getting regular buyers and doing fine regardless. I’m not say that there is one solution (like the often-mentioned social media self-promotion) but too much emphasis on ranking is just flat useless. Complaining about it on the forum is less than useless unless it just makes you feel good somehow.

I understand your theory about better placement. It hasn’t been true for me. I seem to do well by a combination of keyword searches and word of mouth when my target audience buyers send me their friends. If you enjoy the attempt to force round pegs through square holes, though, I’m glad for you. You seem to pop in on the forum to talk about it regularly though it’s never been reliable, so I’ll leave you to that now.

Good quality on a $5 purchase is very different from good quality on a $100 product.

Actually I must disagree.

The price of gigs HAS A LOOOOT to do with countries economy.

by the way you can find many $100 gigs with lower rates then $5 gigs.

Price isn’t meaning of quality. it’s just about how a seller value it’s job.

ALSO, I could just change my 6000 reviews gig to $500 right now. It doesn’t mean I did 6000 sales of $500 each. Like I just spotted a gig with 500 reviews at Logo Design category, but I knew that gig was familiar, and then when I looked int it’s URL I realized it was from Vector Tracing category (an old competitor) lol

Actually I must disagree.

The price of gigs HAS A LOOOOT to do with countries economy.

by the way you can find many $100 gigs with lower rates then $5 gigs.

Price isn’t meaning of quality. it’s just about how a seller value it’s job.

ALSO, I could just change my 6000 reviews gig to $500 right now. It doesn’t mean I did 6000 sales of $500 each. Like I just spotted a gig with 500 reviews at Logo Design category, but I knew that gig was familiar, and then when I looked int it’s URL I realized it was from Vector Tracing category (an old competitor) lol

@xuntes I understand your rant but I guess even fiverr web dev don’t understand how the algorithm works so they can’t fix it. You see there are so many bugs on the site recently.

The Fiverr ranking system has never been particularly reliable as a sole-source of views or orders. I haven’t had good ranking in ages and I eventually stopped even looking because i’m making sales, getting regular buyers and doing fine regardless. I’m not say that there is one solution (like the often-mentioned social media self-promotion) but too much emphasis on ranking is just flat useless. Complaining about it on the forum is less than useless unless it just makes you feel good somehow.

I understand your theory about better placement. It hasn’t been true for me. I seem to do well by a combination of keyword searches and word of mouth when my target audience buyers send me their friends. If you enjoy the attempt to force round pegs through square holes, though, I’m glad for you. You seem to pop in on the forum to talk about it regularly though it’s never been reliable, so I’ll leave you to that now.

I completely understand, unfortunately we could just compare our sales if we would be delivering the same services.

Unfortunately, BY FARRRR (most of 90%) of my buyers are a 1 time sale. Because they need their company logos converted to vector (for printing purposes) and then never come back.

It frustrates me because today, my gig “was hidden” and I’m not able to get many new sellers who came to fiverr site, browsing seller by themelves.

I understand your theory about better placement. It hasn’t been true for me.

Well, I don’t know if you were on top of searches already or not. But you would feel the impact of this today if you were.

I just don’t se the meaning of misleading buyers with BEST SELLING, if it’s not true. I would understand if they just change it’s name at least.

It’s easy to talk as a seller, but if I was only a buyer I would be frustrated too. Maybe many wouldn’t care, but I would.

@xuntes I understand your rant but I guess even fiverr web dev don’t understand how the algorithm works so they can’t fix it. You see there are so many bugs on the site recently.

yes they do.

I contacted fiverr CS dozens of times due some changes/bugs. Sometimes my requests were attended, sometimes not.

Maybe not all customer service workers know about the algorithm, but you can be sure some know how it works, or the algorithm would be auto-developed, like skynet and terminator lol

yes they do.

I contacted fiverr CS dozens of times due some changes/bugs. Sometimes my requests were attended, sometimes not.

Maybe not all customer service workers know about the algorithm, but you can be sure some know how it works, or the algorithm would be auto-developed, like skynet and terminator lol

No doubt if you ask me to give ratings star to the fiverr user experience max I gave 2 stars out of 5. It actually getting more buggy compare to the old days due to it grow bigger but lack of support.

Me too doing vector and my client mostly just 1 or 2 time. I knew how it feel. It’s useless to rant about fiverr problem on the forum because fiverr people hardly would see our post.

I tweet to the ceo even got blocked. 😄

Look, I hate Fverr handholding new sellers but you need to understand that with so many sellers it’s just not possible for newcomers to grow UNLESS they’re marketing geniuses.

Look, I hate Fverr handholding new sellers but you need to understand that with so many sellers it’s just not possible for newcomers to grow UNLESS they’re marketing geniuses.

No. This is absurd.

You don’t start freelancing anywhere and expect an easy ride. You get 4 or five orders in your first month. You earn less per hour than a beggar. You undersell yourself, you put in as much effort as possible, you wait blooming tables in the nastiest Chinese restaurant in the world to subsidize your emerging freelance career. Then when grand plans of being a financially independent beach bum don’t work out, you start ALL OVER AGAIN until you find a strategy which works.

Take the hand holding route and you end up not knowing what the hell to do when suddenly you are not Fiverr’s ‘Rising Talent’ superstar of the moment anymore.

If you want to get anywhere, you work to get there. You expand your skill base, learn how to diversify, and equip yourself with the tools you need to bring your customers more value. This then benefits the market overall, in terms of increased consumer trust in things like the Fiverr brand itself,

Putting the search in a food blender and slapping badges everywhere completely undermines everything. The old timers who have worked to get their stars become the how do I mek sellers. The how do I mek sellers get a temporary ego boost, and the end result of it all is Peter who used to like Fiverr for getting 💩 done, sat at home saying to himself: "How do I mek buy?"

This is a lot to read, lol! And I agree that the whining is pretty obnoxious. While I have been having the worst months ever since I have been here, I don’t think that Fiverr is purposefully trying to ruin me, or even that it is going downhill.

I think they need to pick an algorithm and stick to it, but I am not going to whine about how Fiverr is out to get sellers.

It’s just part of what it’s like to earn your own income. There are ups, and there are downs. Right now, this is one of those downs for me.

I know this. I receive these kind of mails too, for example.

But I will repeat. I’m not talking about promotions, but about fiverr marketplace ONLY. There is a difference.

Actually I’m not tired. it may not look like this, but I like to discuss with people. There is always something to lean, but in this case his comment there is nothing to do with this post. And since it’s an open forum I’m open to say this, right?

and I’ll repeat AGAIN: there is nothing to do with self promotion and orders, but about fiverr marketplace ONLY.

The only sellers who feel this impact are those who were on top and are being drag down, and those who were in the pages behind and then suddenly are on top of searches. Those in the middle probably didn’t noticed this.

EDIT:

I’m also a buyer, and everyday is becoming harder to find better gigs. But who matter with buyers opinion, right?

I’m sorry but WHAT IS THIS POST ABOUT THEN?

I honestly can’t understand the reason for this post.

Archived