Want More Sales? .... No Sir!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather say boss… Boss is the right term to use as it can be use for masculine and feminine!!!

boss

I would stay away from that, too 😬 In my country, when someone says “hey boss”, you almost instantly know that you’re dealing with a problematic person who you’ll have difficulties with, mainly because of arrogance and potential volcanic behavior - I guess it’s the equivalent of “hey dear” here :roll_eyes:

Plus, we’re freelancing because we don’t want to hear about bosses anymore 😉

Guest merciavideo

I would rather say boss… Boss is the right term to use as it can be use for masculine and feminine!!!

Boss is the right term to use as it can be use for masculine and feminine!!!

No - it’s as bad as sir, bro etc.etc.

Please just use the username or nothing at all. Using any form of ‘title’ in this day and age is likely to get you into unintended bother.

Please just use the username or nothing at all. Using any form of ‘title’ in this day and age is likely to get you into unintended bother.

into unintended bother

I got so many “hey brother” lately, that I mistakenly read that as “unintended brother” 😅

I don’t see it that way… Boss is never bad, boss means a person who is in charge of other people at work and tell them what to do…

Using the word “boss” is not bad, it is just a sign of respect and commitment…

I don’t see it that way… Boss is never bad, boss means a person who is in charge of other people at work and tell them what to do…

It may be so in some countries, but in other countries it’s not, which is why we should avoid titles that may be misunderstood in some cultures 😉

And as I mentioned earlier, we all freelance to avoid hearing about bosses 😛

boss

I would stay away from that, too 😬 In my country, when someone says “hey boss”, you almost instantly know that you’re dealing with a problematic person who you’ll have difficulties with, mainly because of arrogance and potential volcanic behavior - I guess it’s the equivalent of “hey dear” here :roll_eyes:

Plus, we’re freelancing because we don’t want to hear about bosses anymore 😉

Boss is never bad… The buyers are the boss because they simply tell you what to do… Though we all know freelancing is more like self employed but that’s the fact,take it or leave it…

Guest merciavideo

it is just a sign of respect and commitment…

Your opinion, which is fine. 🙂

I regard it as being unnecessarily obsequious and sycophantic.

Boss is never bad… The buyers are the boss because they simply tell you what to do… Though we all know freelancing is more like self employed but that’s the fact,take it or leave it…

buyers are the boss because they simply tell you what to do

My buyers are not my bosses, even if some try to act like that - I won’t accept working with someone online who treats me like they are my boss (especially not on a freelancing platform), unless they give me a salary check, official leave/vacation days, and other real life bonuses 😃

I only have regular buyers who are long-time partners, I have one-off clients, and some friends, too.

Boss is never bad

It is bad to hear that expression in my country and other countries, as well 😬

it is just a sign of respect and commitment…

Your opinion, which is fine. 🙂

I regard it as being unnecessarily obsequious and sycophantic.

Accepted in some countries it is bad… That’s just my view, I have been using boss and I have no regret… In my country we call people that give us work our boss!

The word “boss” according to English language shouldn’t be bad to use…

I’ve heard people in the Caribbean use that term to call only men, in a friendly way. It is a cultural thing and depends on what country you are in. In general worldwide it is not in use.

I’ve heard people in the Caribbean use that term to call only men, in a friendly way. It is a cultural thing and depends on what country you are in. In general worldwide it is not in use.

Like I said, the word “boss” won’t work out in some countries because of their cultural dissimilitude… Its it widely accepted in my country, to me its not bad as I have no regret so far…

Guest merciavideo

Like I said, the word “boss” won’t work out in some countries because of their cultural dissimilitude… Its it widely accepted in my country, to me its not bad as I have no regret so far…

Calling folks pal, big man, hen etc. are accepted terms of endearment where I come from, but I wouldn’t dream of addressing a buyer in such a way here.

the word “boss” won’t work out in some countries because of their cultural dissimilitude

We’re working with buyers from around the globe, not where we individually come from. 😉

It’s charming when you are in another country to hear someone called “boss” but might lead to misunderstandings when used here. It’s similar to hearing someone called “dear” when in England, but seems inappropriate when used here. There are local customs when addressing others that don’t translate well across an international website.

Calling folks pal, big man, hen etc. are accepted terms of endearment where I come from, but I wouldn’t dream of addressing a buyer in such a way here.

the word “boss” won’t work out in some countries because of their cultural dissimilitude

We’re working with buyers from around the globe, not where we individually come from. 😉

For the fact that we are working with different buyers in the world, buyers and sellers should be able to understand they could encounter something like this due to cultural dissimilitude…I have seen numerous buyers using dear for me though I don’t like it but that’s is not my aim here… I am here to make sales and get them completed as soon as possible… Why do I need to get angry over unnecessary thing… So, no offence when something like this happen… You can as well tell them you don’t like that word but I won’t accept you could lose some sales because of that word…yes, there could be misunderstanding but this won’t call for too much conflict!!

Archived