Want More Sales? .... No Sir!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t see it that way… Boss is never bad, boss means a person who is in charge of other people at work and tell them what to do…

Using the word “boss” is not bad, it is just a sign of respect and commitment…

Never call a client or prospect boss, ma’am, sir or dear. It’s very unprofessional in the west and will make buyers question your credibility. You don’t want that.

So many sellers use “Sir” in their gig and profile descriptions as if female buyers did not exist.

“Order now sir” … “Here to help you sir” will alienate many females and they will not buy your gig.

So … drop the “Sir” and watch your sales “Soar”. 🙂

r now sir” … “Here to help you sir” will alienate many females and they will not buy

good thinking:smiley:😄

agreed, I usually like to call buyers with their names, very rare SIR…

agreed, I usually like to call buyers with their names, very rare SIR…

I never thought about it. Using name would increase buyers’ interest in the offer. Now, I shall make a point in using the name in offers.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Mistakes must be avoided for 100% Clients Satisfaction.

Here in the attachment, I've added a mistakes done by me.

I've not checked her profile because I was in hurry. So I sent her buyer request as this greetings -

"Hello sir.''

As she is female, it hurts her very much, then she replied in the negative that

she eliminated me as she is not my sir.

So careful Guys with Your Greetings.

Thanks for your patience.

Fiverr Forum.png

On 7/2/2021 at 8:35 PM, designer_tanvi said:

As she is female, it hurts her very much

I doubt she melted like a snowflake, it's just irritating and unprofessional. First impressions count. You live and learn! Stick to user names, you can switch to using their name if they put it in their response. 

I wouldnt count on the username. It might be something like "beardrinksbeer853852" No. It would look weird and spammy. 

Take a look;

"Thank you for reaching me beardrinksbeer853852" Now what is this? Is this an automatic answer? Am i talking to a bot? This is nonsense.

Just say hello, hi or even salutaions. Dont add anything at the end.

People these days are specially concerned with idenity stuff. Dont add anything.

Yes, I only use the username if I can definitely see a given name in there, like Donald, or Daisy, and even then, I typically stick to Hi there, if the person doesn't "sign" their message with a name. If they do, that's nice, if they don't, I'll assume they don't really want to be called by their/a name, which is fine too.

The beerophile bear definitely would just get a Hi or Hello there, even if it would be a pity to not call them by their username 😄

Don't make assumptions about whoever you are communicating with. Such as, don't assume what their gender is, that they know exactly what your service includes, or even basic stuff like that they understand the language you are messaging them in, or that they are a sane, reasonable, and rational person.

When we use ma'am / sir for any one it's makes her/him a boss immediately and he/she behave us like a boss through out the project. 

Few of my clients told me to use their name instead of Sir. Now I simply use Hi or Hello, if they provide name at the end of message I use Dear with name of him or her. When you use for example Dear Jhone, it looks professional.

2 hours ago, pro_webdesiner said:

When we use ma'am / sir for any one it's makes her/him a boss immediately and he/she behave us like a boss through out the project. 

Few of my clients told me to use their name instead of Sir. Now I simply use Hi or Hello, if they provide name at the end of message I use Dear with name of him or her. When you use for example Dear Jhone, it looks professional.

Even dear is not always professional. In many cultures, "dear" is an intimate form of address, reserved only for one's close friends and family. It is better to refrain from using any form of address at all. Just use "hi" or "hello" if they don't sign any of their messages with a name. 

12 hours ago, pro_webdesiner said:

Dear with name

Dear doesn't sound professional in a business setting. 

"Dear" is only used in formal situations as a way of starting a letter. Otherwise, it's a term of endearment and it can come across as being over-familiar.

1 hour ago, corsogr said:

She would smile and place that order for that project in a heartbeat.

I seriously hope you're being sarcastic. Considering your other recent posts about women's look, I'm not sure. This is TERRIBLE advice and would more likely result in him being reported.

While you're piling on the fake charm, why not ask her if you can compare her to a summer's day? She is, after all, more lovely and more temperate. 

If she blocks you after doing this, which she probably will, as women don't usually like being objectified at work, console yourself with the fact her eternal summer shall not fade. 

Archived