Mods and Fiverr Staff - Curious about if / how feedback from the forums is fed back to Fiverr support / product development

paulmaplesden

We’ll share more as we hammer things out.

I won’t lie. I was skeptical of the whole pro thing but if this is the kinda changes we’ll be seeing then I’m a happy camper. As long as you try that’s good enough.

I’m sorry if I snapped at you too, I do get why everyone gets frustrated

Honestly, I shouldn’t have exaggerated it that much. The gig rotations have me stressed out.

The negativity on the forum is sometimes hard to cope with when Fiverr still provides many of us anything from pocket money to a living without charging us a dime unless we make money first.

Yeah, that is completely understandable.

We are more the people who mop up the 💩 after it hits the fan than the ones who turn on the fans.

Something tells me there’s gonna be a lot more to clean in the next few days

Something tells me there’s gonna be a lot more to clean in the next few days

Me on those days…

giphy.gif.326532f3df44f0b16fe568678f950d8e.gif

Although sometimes, its more like

giphy.gif.c28566680cdafa83baf1787b8c1d0430.gif

Oh, just to add to this - I and several others were chatting with Tyler (One of the Fiverr community staff) yesterday (about something unrelated to the forums) and he mentioned that anything related to product development can be very slow, due to all of the scoping, design, implementation, testing, feedback etc.

I would hope that the increases in communication continue, I like your ideas but not sure they would commit to that much. I suppose like any big company there are issues around going through 10 different departments for something to go from Ideas Phase to Implementation, so that would be a difficulty

This is both uplifting and disheartening to hear at the same time. Nonetheless, it’s good to see at least Fiverr is listening to the Pro sellers.

Nonetheless, it’s good to see at least Fiverr is listening to the Pro sellers.

I was on that call and I think that Fiverr staff would have listened to our little committee even if we were lvl 2 sellers.

It’s all about initiative.

One of us contacted a member of Fiverr staff directly with an idea, and that’s what started this discussion.

So I’d like to think that our badge had nothing to do with the fact that they listened and everything to do with the fact that one of us took a shot with an idea.

🙂

I was on that call and I think that Fiverr staff would have listened to our little committee even if we were lvl 2 sellers.

One of us contacted a member of Fiverr staff directly with an idea, and that’s what started this discussion.

So I’d like to think that our badge had nothing to do with the fact that they listened and everything to do with the fact that one of us took a shot with an idea.

🙂

I would support this as well - I’ve had several interactions with Fiverr (I speak with journalists on their behalf, write content for the blog, have been commissioned by them for guides, and have fed back into the product development process) - all of those things came from me contacting people in Fiverr and saying “Hey, can I do this for you?” and them saying “Sure, go for it!”

The way to think about it is that they are a growing organization with plenty of busy people. If you can make their life easier, in any way, chances are they will embrace that.

🙂

So I’d like to think that our badge had nothing to do with

Come on,

tumblr_nlfn2yWPN71r75rk6o1_500.gif.d41bc0917755b2cb875893ff0e67d786.gif

I believe that the development team or team leaders check in here quite a bit when a new update and to the suggestion threads. This is just from things they have said in the private forum Fonthaunt mentioned so I don’t know how much exactly.

Speaking for myself, not the team, I do forward on threads to specific staff or the private space quite often especially if it seems like a bug or a big issue.

1. Can you name one decent change that was requested on the forums because I can’t think of any?

It is really difficult to tell what ideas originated on the forum or if it was thought up in Fiverr’s HQ. For example:

This request happened, dunno if it was because of this:

I cannot understand why I even need to say this but here we go. For the past 18 months or so, the Translation category has had a setting where sellers could set what translation pairs they wanted the gig to show up for (eg. English to German, Swahili to Brazilian Portuguese etc). This was logical and avoided any errors where buyers see search results showing a seller who only translates Italian to English but the buyer selected English to Italian. It also stopped what is currently happening - …

So did this:

I am always very hesitant to use the resolution center because of the fact that it creates a big red “DISPUTE” message for the buyer. The appearance is extremely negative and having got them from sellers myself I always think something like - Oh great, they have messed up or they are going to mess me around Changing this could make it more usable for sellers. When I need extra time or something else because of a buyer’s issue etc I tend to allow the order to go late rather than use the Resolut…

Was this the idea that spawned Fiverr Pro?

Dear Fiverr Team, As everyone known “Fiverr is a Great Innovation”. As a Top Rated seller I like to share an idea with you. Up to now you have given many options to increase sellers’ income while increasing the quality and quantity of product we are selling such as gig packages, promoted gigs, Featuring, etc. I have another idea to have a section for high priced gigs (like special gigs or premium gigs). We know already we can decide our gig price with packages. But here i suggest to have a sep…

Can’t find it but there were definitely posts about the “Aloha” message which has now been changed to out of office.

The changing of vacation mode has been suggested for quite some time but I think there was an increase in requests for this to occur when we had those hurricanes some months back. I know I made a post out of concern for the wording because of the severity of the situation.

1. I take full responsibility for any stupid claims I make
  2. Can you name one decent change that was requested on the forums because I can’t think of any?

EDIT:

I should also mention that what I’m asking might seem kinda offensive when you read it but I’m genuinely asking out of curiosity, This is not me calling anyone out. I want that to be clear.

If there has been any change that was requested on the forums that made it to the actual site that would genuinley make me happy since that would prove me wrong which again IS A GOOD THING. Fiverr listening is good for everyone so if that is true that’s great!

Can you name one decent change that was requested on the forums because I can’t think of any?

I remember this post from a few years ago, where staff asked everyone for what they wanted and a lot of it has happened - some of them very decent changes.

Live in NYC, a panel of sellers get together to chat about the most helpful features launched in 2015, and share their feature wishlist for 2016. This week, hosts Redd (http://www.fiverr.com/reddhorrocks) and Adam (http://www.fiverr.com/twistedweb123) are joined by Wayne (http://www.fiverr.com/ozzieuk), Marco (http://www.fiverr.com/mark74) and Ryan (http://www.fiverr.com/customdrumloops) for this discussion. This episode was edited by: http://www.fiverr.com/dansha Jingle by: http://www.fiver…

I know in the past when the success managers were more active, I was also asked to forward suggestions if I had any, which I did (I always have lots haha) and some of those were implemented too.

Archived