Penalty for late pickup by the buyer

kevmc6

Guest offlinehelpers

Hi all

im new here and not sure if this is the right place to ask, but will a worker be penalised if they deliver on time and the buyer picks it up late?

This would be very unfair if it was.

Removed as I misunderstood what the OP was asking. ☀️

Hi offline helpers.

I was the buyer, of a Logo, The seller completed the order withing the time frame (Good job 🙂 ).

I never logged on to see it because I didn’t get notification, cause i forgot i had signed up through my gmail account, which i hardly use.

plus, being a first timer user, i didn’t realise there was urgency on my part to accept the offer.

Now the seller is saying I caused them to loose their ranking because i didn’t accept the order in time. And so I should pay a tip to compensate them for their loos which i apparently caused!

Is this true?

Hi offline helpers.

I was the buyer, of a Logo, The seller completed the order withing the time frame (Good job 🙂 ).

I never logged on to see it because I didn’t get notification, cause i forgot i had signed up through my gmail account, which i hardly use.

plus, being a first timer user, i didn’t realise there was urgency on my part to accept the offer.

Now the seller is saying I caused them to loose their ranking because i didn’t accept the order in time. And so I should pay a tip to compensate them for their loos which i apparently caused!

Is this true?

No that’s not true.

Please report the seller to CS.

They have NO right to ask for a tip plus they are lying to you. It seems like they are trying to game the system.

Guest glenwriter

Hi offline helpers.

Is this true?

I hope that seller is just ignorant about how Fiverr works. I would hate to think they’re trying to scam you into paying more money.

Guest offlinehelpers

Hi offline helpers.

Is this true?

Sorry - I wasn’t clear from your first post what the situation was - thank you for clarifying! 🙂

Not true at all. Even if you don’t accept the delivery, the gig is completed 3 days after delivery and the seller gets the funds due to them after another 14 days.

Hi offline helpers.

Is this true?

Please report this seller as they give a bad name to the rest of us!

Hi offline helpers.

Is this true?

Sorry about you to faced that issue,

The seller completed the order withing the time frame (Good job 🙂 ).

If he has delivered on time and you liked the work, there shouldn’t be any problem.

There is no acceptance option for buyers if the seller delivers your order. 😦

Did he deliver the order? Or did he wait your response to deliver?

Sorry about you to faced that issue,

The seller completed the order withing the time frame (Good job 🙂 ).

If he has delivered on time and you liked the work, there shouldn’t be any problem.

There is no acceptance option for buyers if the seller delivers your order. 😦

Did he deliver the order? Or did he wait your response to deliver?

sorry Im not sure how the system works.

it was there in my folder, or whatever it is you call it, and i asked if they could change the color.

so they did this and i asked for another correction. but every time this happened i wasn’t getting the notice

The Gig you ordered: ‘design logo’ is complete and is waiting for your review.

But i didnt get to review it for maybe 3 days or more, each time. like it wasnt an urgent job for me.

sorry Im not sure how the system works.

it was there in my folder, or whatever it is you call it, and i asked if they could change the color.

so they did this and i asked for another correction. but every time this happened i wasn’t getting the notice

The Gig you ordered: ‘design logo’ is complete and is waiting for your review.

But i didnt get to review it for maybe 3 days or more, each time. like it wasnt an urgent job for me.

I’m really sorry that you have a bad experience 😦

@offlinehelpers is right.

If not, an order closes automatically 3 days after you deliver it, even if the buyer doesn’t accept it, and you can withdraw the funds 14 days after that.

As far as I understand your seller complained about that you did not rate the order. No one looses ranking due to this reason.

I eventually gave 5 stars for feedback.

but they were saying

1/ Kindly first confirm/complete the order then. Then we will discuss about the new design

Then next message
2/ Time count down is finished, I will give loss to my service. Kindly confirm the order first. Then if you need modifications I can do, don’t worry about it.

3/ Kindly complete this order as soon as possible. I will also modify your logo after order confirmation. Don’t worry. It will give loss to my ratings.

I asked if my delay in accepting cause them to loose money and they said yes and i should tip them. but i cannot see those messages now.

im not real bothered by it. these people are probably poor and if i did cause them loss then i would compensate them for it. but it didnt seen like you would run a system like that where they will be penalised for something beyond their control

but they were saying

1/ Kindly first confirm/complete the order then. Then we will discuss about the new design

Then next message

2/ Time count down is finished, I will give loss to my service. Kindly confirm the order first. Then if you need modifications I can do, don’t worry about it.

3/ Kindly complete this order as soon as possible. I will also modify your logo after order confirmation. Don’t worry. It will give loss to my ratings.

I asked if my delay in accepting cause them to loose money and they said yes and i should tip them. but i cannot see those messages now.

im not real bothered by it. these people are probably poor and if i did cause them loss then i would compensate them for it. but it didnt seen like you would run a system like that where they will be penalised for something beyond their control

and they said yes and i should tip them

It’s either ignorance or intent to deceive.

but they were saying

Then next message

these people are probably poor and if i did cause them loss then i would compensate them for it. but it didnt seen like you would run a system like that where they will be penalised for something beyond their control

Don’t be so sure about the “poor” thing. Besides, being poor doesnt mean that ripping people off is ok. They are blatantly lying about something and asking you to pay for a make-believe loss.

This type of seller needs to be removed from Fiverr asap as they have no respect for their clients or the rules of the platform.

but they were saying

Then next message

thanks guys,

maybe its a bit of language barrier, the words 2/ Time count down is finished, I will give loss to my service. Kindly confirm the order first. Then if you need modifications I can do, don’t worry about it.

Maybe it means something else.

hang on i found the other messages .

ME hello thankyou. sorry this is my first time here. does it cause you problems if i respond to you late?

SELLER Yes it caused me loss to my ratings due to late delivery of order. While I delivered you within few orders.

SELLER Now if you want to fulfil my loss you can give me tip if you wish. Thanks

hang on i found the other messages .

ME hello thankyou. sorry this is my first time here. does it cause you problems if i respond to you late?

SELLER Yes it caused me loss to my ratings due to late delivery of order. While I delivered you within few orders.

SELLER Now if you want to fulfil my loss you can give me tip if you wish. Thanks

The seller could easily request an extension of the time if they needed one.

Their own inaction caused it to be late. The “loss to ratings” means their delivered on time stat went down which is just a temporary issue for sellers to deal with which they could have avoided by using the tools at their disposal - their issue/mistake, not yours. Nowhere does it say that a buyer must respond in a certain period although obviously, it is in their interest. Sellers have the means to get around it.

I have been waiting 3 days for a response from a client, I have requested the extension necessary and will update (further extend) that request if the client doesnt respond tomorrow.

Asking for monetary compensation is at best unprofessional and still worth reporting to customer support.

Archived