Did anyone notice the new update?

amirmallek

Guest the_possumist

If they do this for custom orders I will be very, very upset. To say this is stupid is the understatement of the decade.

They do. (20 characters)

Looks like Fiverr is starting the new year (January 15) with a bang.

I am curious to know what the bigger picture is.

I have mixed feelings about some of the changes. However, I am very optimistic.

One of their competitors has a similar system. In a way, it helps buyers to be guided with their buying.

A seller can have 50 5 star reviews and change his pricing from 5 dollars to 255 dollars and act like he has always been selling it at that price and trick new buyers into thinking (for example) he provides custom drawings, when he actually doesn’t. I just saw a profile with the last few buyers complaining bitterly about a seller after paying 200 dollars for custom drawings.

Guest offlinehelpers

I did try it when I was logged out. It is not on my gigs or any others I looked at on Chrome?

Fiverr tends to release new features to ‘random’ sets of users first, and then decide whether to roll them out to everybody else or not.

The only ‘new feature’ I’ve seen so far is ‘available now’ - I didn’t see the average price trial or anything else for that matter. It just depends if you’re part of whichever group Fiverr’s decided to target.

Why is Fiverr trying as much as possible to show other people how much people paid?

First the ‘Average prices’, then the portfolio with the price range for each order, and now this + ‘most successful at…’ feature (better said, BUG).

This is PRIVATE INFORMATION for the seller as well as for the buyer! As a buyer, you don’t need to know what others have paid because you don’t have the same project as them. That’s how freelancing works, it’s not a bakery where you can buy the same bread as other people at the same price.

For my gig for example, each project is different and they vary in the amount of work. For a bread maker that isn’t the case. They have the same ingredients and bake that bread at the same amount of time.

These are really poor updates and will only make the buyers confused. Because they’ll see someone paid a lower price than them and the first thought is that they regret paying a lot when others paid less.

Also, this is highly unprofessional. Where else in the freelancing world do you see prices displayed like this? Nowhere. Because freelancing is flexible and it varies. People have different needs.

Why is Fiverr trying as much as possible to show other people how much people paid?

To urge the low priced folks into raising their prices. Which is good for fiverr and good for sellers. I think that was what was behind the Average Price thing they tried as well.

I did try it when I was logged out. It is not on my gigs or any others I looked at on Chrome?

Vickie,

I’ve come to notice that many features are rolled out to us in the states last. I read somewhere that USA is the biggest market for gigs purchased on 5r. That being said, they seem to want to test new features in smaller market first.

• 2 months later...

It’s February 24th and I can’t see the feature. A friend told me about it just this morning and I was shocked and doubted, till he shared a screenshot of my gig with my earnings.

This isn’t good.

I’ve never seen it. I’m not sure if they still do that or not. It was in testing a while back.

Archived