I got my first warning from fiverr! This is why :S

kha1ed

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, he was a bit rude and wanted another version of the work, I don’t think we have choice to reject orders, do we?

Once they place the order thag is it you need to work I guess 😦

I don’t think we have choice to reject orders, do we?

You can refuse to work with anyone. You can most certainly cancel if they have ordered and give nothing more than “I cannot complete this job.” as a reason.

To keep it short, I have finished an order with a client and he gave me 3.7 stars rating

This should have been warning enough not to work with him on a second order.

It’s still a lose lose situation - rating, or cancellation/completed orders. Something is getting affected that will ultimately - potentially - affect the seller negatively as far as the new rankings criteria.

It’s still a lose lose situation - rating, or cancellation/completed orders. Something is getting affected that will ultimately - potentially - affect the seller negatively as far as the new rankings criteria.

Totally agree!

We need to think twice before cancelling any order now 😕

Account warnings happen to all of us

Is this a reason to lose a level come January 15?

Who knows? Right now nobody does. I’m happy to report that all my metrics are positive, I haven’t gotten an account warning in 3 months, or 6 months, I’ve lost count.

Fiverr forced me to change the way I interact with customers, in a way I’m grateful. When I started working on Fiverr, I had zero experience with customer service, now I have some.

He changed the script twice and I charged him twice, I think that is why he gave me 3.7.

That stuff happens to me often, although I rarely get to charge them twice My policy is one revision, if you demand an extra revision, you better be really nice and specific, you almost have to beg me.

Also, some buyers are unprepared when they order. They write “I will provide instructions later.” It’s so insane! The clock is ticking!

Also notice how many orders get marked automatically as complete. Many orders aren’t even reviewed. What’s going on? Do people not value what they buy? Did they forget their purchases? Or will I get a review 3-months down the road? The answer is some of the above, all of the above, buyers can do anything they want, we sellers are hold to a much higher standard.

Who knows? Right now nobody does. I’m happy to report that all my metrics are positive, I haven’t gotten an account warning in 3 months, or 6 months, I’ve lost count.

Fiverr forced me to change the way I interact with customers, in a way I’m grateful. When I started working on Fiverr, I had zero experience with customer service, now I have some.

He changed the script twice and I charged him twice, I think that is why he gave me 3.7.

That stuff happens to me often, although I rarely get to charge them twice My policy is one revision, if you demand an extra revision, you better be really nice and specific, you almost have to beg me.

Also, some buyers are unprepared when they order. They write “I will provide instructions later.” It’s so insane! The clock is ticking!

Also notice how many orders get marked automatically as complete. Many orders aren’t even reviewed. What’s going on? Do people not value what they buy? Did they forget their purchases? Or will I get a review 3-months down the road? The answer is some of the above, all of the above, buyers can do anything they want, we sellers are hold to a much higher standard.

One little trick that I do in this regards, is to include something like, “Please answer this question, do not leave it blank!” with the automated questions that I’ve had trouble with people not answering. I provide the questions that I do, because the information in the buyer’s answer is extremely important. Sometimes, a little – pointed, “answer this!” – nudge can go a long way. 😉

Many orders aren’t even reviewed. What’s going on?

Just as lots of people hate to read anything they also hate to write anything even more. It was a big mistake to take away the automatic reviews that said outstanding experience. If they can even force themself to write any review at all mine now say “thank you”.

Maybe off topic, But getting below 5 stars should be very acceptable.

I got an order from a client in July, after the order completed he left 4 stars. I’ve never asked why he rated me with 4 stars and I thought maybe my customer service was bad and started improving it by being online instantly when I am required. I started getting more orders from him and then I got 4.3(once), 4.7(twice) and then 20 something times 5 stars.

I am pretty sure I would never put 5 stars for most of the works I’ve done. Maybe people do it for the sake of doing it after seeing millions of people have 5 stars on their profiles.

One little trick that I do in this regards, is to include something like, “Please answer this question, do not leave it blank!” with the automated questions that I’ve had trouble with people not answering. I provide the questions that I do, because the information in the buyer’s answer is extremely important. Sometimes, a little – pointed, “answer this!” – nudge can go a long way. 😉

Sometimes, a little – pointed, “answer this!” – nudge can go a long way

Remember when Fiverr had the “nudge” button? So many clients didn’t understand what “nudge nudge” meant. It’s funny that sometimes Fiverr feels like a work in progress. Maybe that’s why they keep “fixing” it.

Sometimes, a little – pointed, “answer this!” – nudge can go a long way

Remember when Fiverr had the “nudge” button? So many clients didn’t understand what “nudge nudge” meant. It’s funny that sometimes Fiverr feels like a work in progress. Maybe that’s why they keep “fixing” it.

I remember when late at night I would see a big message that said

"We love late nights too Miss Crystal!"

I had one person message me repeatedly saying “answer!” I don’t think a demand “answer this!” is going to be taken well.

I hate worrying about ratings, and now that Fiverr really wants me to care about them, I decided to just not care at all. Still, thank you for the story! It’s always good to know these types of things.

We all hate to worry about the rating thing, but is you ignore it you might have a risk loosing your level, which means loosing some sales and starting again 😦

We all hate to worry about the rating thing, but is you ignore it you might have a risk loosing your level, which means loosing some sales and starting again 😦

kha1ed

I’m already at risk of getting demoted, but so what? I got more sales as a New Seller anyway xD

kha1ed

I’m already at risk of getting demoted, but so what? I got more sales as a New Seller anyway xD

Hahaha, indeed ^)^

New Sellers rule 😃

I find the new level system a little bit unfair on sellers.

What do you say about buyers who order wrongly, or choose the basic gig and request a service which is only offered in the premium gig, and aren’t willing to meet you half way on price.

I try to be understanding enough, leaving the table open in situations like this, but you just have some really hardheaded buyers.

I have had to face two of them this week already, I considered the first, the second one came as well, explained to them how what they have requested is not offered in the basic gig, we went back and forth and they wouldn’t pay more as they have a “shoestring” budget!

My gig description is well laid out, I have been on Fiverr for over a year and I optimise my gig every now and then to ensure buyers don’t get confused when they come.

WE CAN NOT AGREE ON PRICE, am I supposed to continue with this forever? 2 times already this week I have had to just indulge because I don’t want my stats to be affect before the next evaluation.

This window period is really hard on us!

Sometimes, I just want to send an epistle full of untrammeled rant to Customer Support but then, I’m like oh well, I know what their response would be like already.

As I type this, I’ve been forced to open a dispute to cancel an order (I’ve had enough for this week already), this was after I have sent a number of messages nicely, seeking their thoughts on the structure of pricing, the buyer would not respond to messages, it’s 14 hours and counting already, knowing fully well it’s a 24 hour delivery gig. Pfft!

PS: Buyer has been online a couple of times and would still not respond. 😕

I find the new level system a little bit unfair on sellers.

What do you say about buyers who order wrongly, or choose the basic gig and request a service which is only offered in the premium gig, and aren’t willing to meet you half way on price.

I try to be understanding enough, leaving the table open in situations like this, but you just have some really hardheaded buyers.

I have had to face two of them this week already, I considered the first, the second one came as well, explained to them how what they have requested is not offered in the basic gig, we went back and forth and they wouldn’t pay more as they have a “shoestring” budget!

My gig description is well laid out, I have been on Fiverr for over a year and I optimise my gig every now and then to ensure buyers don’t get confused when they come.

WE CAN NOT AGREE ON PRICE, am I supposed to continue with this forever? 2 times already this week I have had to just indulge because I don’t want my stats to be affect before the next evaluation.

This window period is really hard on us!

Sometimes, I just want to send an epistle full of untrammeled rant to Customer Support but then, I’m like oh well, I know what their response would be like already.

As I type this, I’ve been forced to open a dispute to cancel an order (I’ve had enough for this week already), this was after I have sent a number of messages nicely, seeking their thoughts on the structure of pricing, the buyer would not respond to messages, it’s 14 hours and counting already, knowing fully well it’s a 24 hour delivery gig. Pfft!

PS: Buyer has been online a couple of times and would still not respond. 😕

Why are you ranting on someone else’s topic? You have the ability to start your own ranting topic in the “Ranting Pot” forum. 😉

Hey, what up. Can you tell me, if it’s not a secret of course, why did he give you 3.7 stars the first time, and later went to Customer Support? Just curious.

I mentioned this before 🙂

He changed the script twice and I charged him in both times 😈

He wanted the next order (which was another version of the first one) within 30 mins which I couldn’t do. We ended up with customer support to help ad I cancelled the order twice and he rejected 🙂

I mentioned this before 🙂

He changed the script twice and I charged him in both times 😈

He wanted the next order (which was another version of the first one) within 30 mins which I couldn’t do. We ended up with customer support to help ad I cancelled the order twice and he rejected 🙂

What do you mean by “he changed the script”? 🤨

Archived