Don't Take Chances With Your Fiverr Account

eoinfinnegan

and yet there were two Fiverr sellers who sent me friend requests on Facebook

It happened once to me. I have asked the person how the f@ck have you found me. He said, he copied my Fiverr link, searched facebook for that link, found a fan-page where my gig was posted, saw only one person had liked it and he thought it was me. I guess that’s why it’s best to be also anonymous on your fan pages. Another reason might be if you liked something on the Fiverr’s fan page, and some user had seen you there and sent the friend request. 😦

Okay, that’s creepy. 👻

Can someone say stalker? I’d freak out if anyone did that to me.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That site scares me to death. It’s way too much information about me to put out into the magnetosphere.

Facebook is full of happy people who are always happy, happy to be happy and expect others to be happy with their happiness. [Original quote from Writer]

Twitter is full of angry people, who are always angry and especially angry at those who are not as angry about something as they are. It is the 24/7 outrage network that makes no money, but sucks up 25% of workplace productivity all over the world. One of the greatest wealth destroyers since World Wars 1 and 2.

(Another Original from Writer).

Facebook is full of happy people who are always happy, happy to be happy and expect others to be happy with their happiness. [Original quote from Writer]

Twitter is full of angry people, who are always angry and especially angry at those who are not as angry about something as they are. It is the 24/7 outrage network that makes no money, but sucks up 25% of workplace productivity all over the world. One of the greatest wealth destroyers since World Wars 1 and 2.

(Another Original from Writer).

Facebook is a way to invite everyone into your private life, friends and strangers alike. For me it’s a horror show.

The inventor of facebook called it’s users idiots when it first came out.

Gawker

Facebook CEO Admits To Calling Users 'Dumb Fucks'

Mark Zuckerberg admits in a New Yorker profile that he mocked early Facebook users for trusting him with their personal information. A youthful indiscretion, the Facebook founder says he's much more mature now, at the ripe age of 26.

Okay, that’s creepy. 👻

Can someone say stalker? I’d freak out if anyone did that to me.

Can I quote you in my book which might be written at some point in my life?

Can someone say stslker? I’d freak out if anyone did that to me.

I didn’t freak out as he was nice. He did it to show me that actually, it’s easy for someone to find us. (because I told him our identity is hidden here). 🙂

If Gina Riley is your real name, there shouldn’t be an issue someone fiding you. 😛

Facebook is a way to invite everyone into your private life, friends and strangers alike. For me it’s a horror show.

Gawker

Mark Zuckerberg admits in a New Yorker profile that he mocked early Facebook users for trusting him with their personal information. A youthful indiscretion, the Facebook founder says he's much more mature now, at the ripe age of 26.

I think Instagram is more of a horror show, with those stories (if you do use them), you are actually killing your privacy to the maximum level.

I am planning to deactivate all of my personal social media pages once I am done with college (we use groups to exchange information, and it’s needed now)

Gawker

But seriously, I don’t know what purpose Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. solve. They are just glorified Yahoo Chats, IRC Chat rooms, AOL Chats and MSN Messenger- remember them from the late 1990s? Facebook’s market valuation makes no sense to me - it is worth 4 times as much as Intel - ridiculous! [sorry, 2.6 times as much as Intel…Intel seems to have picked up recently.]

But seriously, I don’t know what purpose Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. solve. They are just glorified Yahoo Chats, IRC Chat rooms, AOL Chats and MSN Messenger- remember them from the late 1990s? Facebook’s market valuation makes no sense to me - it is worth 4 times as much as Intel - ridiculous! [sorry, 2.6 times as much as Intel…Intel seems to have picked up recently.]

such OT

Panem et circenses. What might the market valuation of the Colosseum have been?

I think Instagram is more of a horror show, with those stories (if you do use them), you are actually killing your privacy to the maximum level.

I am planning to deactivate all of my personal social media pages once I am done with college (we use groups to exchange information, and it’s needed now)

You’re a smart kid…wish we had things like Fiverr, etc. when I was in college. Young people have a choice these days - do something productive with your life, or waste all your time on the social media. 99% choose the second option, so you have already won, your competition does not even want to compete.

You need to look at the ROI of Facebook ads. Also, Facebook has a big bag of bought up super tech companies like Occulus Rift, not to mention mass data on everyone on the planet which they get through users of apps like Whatsapp as well as their own official apps and platforms.

Facebook is the tech worlds Pablo Escobar of user information. It literally knows more about its users than they do. What’s more, they have a way of mining, ordering and making direct use of that information. As it is, they’re probably very undervalued.

You need to look at the ROI of Facebook ads. Also, Facebook has a big bag of bought up super tech companies like Occulus Rift, not to mention mass data on everyone on the planet which they get through users of apps like Whatsapp as well as their own official apps and platforms.

Facebook is the tech worlds Pablo Escobar of user information. It literally knows more about its users than they do. What’s more, they have a way of mining, ordering and making direct use of that information. As it is, they’re probably very undervalued.

I don’t know, I’m just old fashioned…I prefer reading a biography of Andy Grove to one of Mark Zuckerberg’s.

We are all reduced to collections of demographic data for advertisers and data collectors to utilize. We are not people, we are demographic markets, alive for the purpose of being sold goods and services, based on our age, gender, location, habits and income.

You’d like Andrew Carnegie’s autobiography. I did and I hate autobiographies.

Dude, I have read that, as well as books on Vanderbilt, Rockefeller, Morgan, Bill Gates Jobs etc. etc. Got like tens of thousands of books in my house, both physical and Kindle. Haven’t read much since I started writing, no time for that. But I have spent a fortune on books. (And made about $10k by selling some of them on eBay in my pre-Fiverr life) [$10k refers to the sales by the way, not profits…LOL…that’s why I had to give up eBay.]

You’re a smart kid…wish we had things like Fiverr, etc. when I was in college. Young people have a choice these days - do something productive with your life, or waste all your time on the social media. 99% choose the second option, so you have already won, your competition does not even want to compete.

I still waste a lot of time on Instagram. If I am to somehow stop doing it, I would turn into a super-fast robot doing design work. 🙂

We are all reduced to collections of demographic data for advertisers and data collectors to utilize. We are not people, we are demographic markets, alive for the purpose of being sold goods and services, based on our age, gender, location, habits and income.

I’ve noticed a pretty big shift recently too. I keep having to switch between operating systems (unplug one HD and fire up another). One OS automatically logs me into Google, Fiverr, etc. The other is set to forget all my browsing history etc and basically act like I have never used it before.

(Note: I’m not doing anything untoward with this and not using Tor this is a HD I leave for emergencies and don’t want to forget about and have someone find and get access to my data one day).

Anyway, I’ve recently been looking into dropshipping and I’ve noticed that the blank OS seems to still serve me targeted advertisements which for dropshipping companies, even though it shouldn’t know anything about my browsing preferences or identity. My assumption in this case, is that the Internet ad people now match user data directly to IP addresses. Scary really.

I’ve noticed a pretty big shift recently too. I keep having to switch between operating systems (unplug one HD and fire up another). One OS automatically logs me into Google, Fiverr, etc. The other is set to forget all my browsing history etc and basically act like I have never used it before.

(Note: I’m not doing anything untoward with this and not using Tor this is a HD I leave for emergencies and don’t want to forget about and have someone find and get access to my data one day).

Anyway, I’ve recently been looking into dropshipping and I’ve noticed that the blank OS seems to still serve me targeted advertisements which for dropshipping companies, even though it shouldn’t know anything about my browsing preferences or identity. My assumption in this case, is that the Internet ad people now match user data directly to IP addresses. Scary really.

That’s very disturbing. The government, at least our US government, probably also is a user of this data, supposedly to fight terrorists, but who knows for what else. Lately it seems to be targeting voters, and figuring out ways to eliminate democratic voters from the voter registration lists so they are blocked from voting at the polls. Our democracy is subverted thanks to this.

Going back to customers contacting you outside Fiverr.

This has happened to me three or four times (it’s really not very difficult to go from my Fiverr username to find me outside Fiverr and get in touch - it would probably take the average user around 12 seconds!)

The times it has happened, the users have told me that they found me on Fiverr but wanted to contact me outside Fiverr to work with me. My response has always been that if they found me on the platform, that’s where all communications and payments need to go through (partly because TOS and partly because that’s fair and ethical).

These buyers did not then come back to Fiverr to make orders. Ah well…

I mentioned this to my CS Manager, and they said that as long as they did not contact me through the Fiverr platform to begin with, then it was OK to work with them outside the platform. I have to say that this felt like a bit of a gray area to me, so I am still referring buyers back to Fiverr if they mention it.

That’s very disturbing. The government, at least our US government, probably also is a user of this data, supposedly to fight terrorists, but who knows for what else. Lately it seems to be targeting voters, and figuring out ways to eliminate democratic voters from the voter registration lists so they are blocked from voting at the polls. Our democracy is subverted thanks to this.

You know, you have to go back to that phase in your life when you kept away from all news/media. I have noticed that you are disturbed by external factors such as what’s happening to your country and the world etc. over which you have no control. I understand that as I suffer from the same problem. I am making a conscious decision to stop thinking about such things.

You know, you have to go back to that phase in your life when you kept away from all news/media. I have noticed that you are disturbed by external factors such as what’s happening to your country and the world etc. over which you have no control. I understand that as I suffer from the same problem. I am making a conscious decision to stop thinking about such things.

@writer99025 I agree with you writer but on the other hand, having researched all my American ancestors, I have a huge investment in this country and am the product of a lot of very wonderful people who gave their lives for it. I understand what you mean though. I have no control over anything going on in the news and would be better off if I never heard any of it. So I am probably building up endless karma and lifetimes here. In fact I feel that this lifetime is a continuation of this ongoing tie to this country.

Archived