Love-hate relationship with coffee and caffeine

rankinfinite

Okay, now it’s like you are actually quoting my dad, seriously. He had issues with me using my “Dolce Gusto” maker because it’s made out of plastic parts. Actually, a lot of items we eat everyday cause cancer, it is best to be physically active, and balance it out with a lot of fresh food (fruits, vegetables).

Especially this is the issue in the US, where you can find a lot of GMO, and food with a lot of additives that are actually forbidden in Europe (by EU laws).

it’s like you are actually quoting my dad

GMOs are a terrible problem and it’s hard to find anything without them now.

We feed ourselves poisons.

I have a scientific mind. 🤓

it’s like you are actually quoting my dad

GMOs are a terrible problem and it’s hard to find anything without them now.

We feed ourselves poisons.

I have a scientific mind. 🤓

In my country, GMO is used only for science research (there is no proof that GMO seeds are imported in my country), but our food is killed with pesticides, which is also dangerous. It’s always great to be up-to-date with modern science espically when it comes to everyday stuff.

In my country, GMO is used only for science research (there is no proof that GMO seeds are imported in my country), but our food is killed with pesticides, which is also dangerous. It’s always great to be up-to-date with modern science espically when it comes to everyday stuff.

Guest mizanalmim

Nothing wrong with it. Coffee is good for your health as long as you take it within your limit. I usually drink two cups everyday. One in the morning and the other at midnight 😃

What do you suggest as a replacement? Brewed coffee - do you have any examples of good brands that make that?

What do you suggest as a replacement? Brewed coffee - do you have any examples of good brands that make that?

Buy the beans green and roast your own - a $20 old style popcorn maker from Amazon running for 2-3 hours will roast enough beans for a month’s supply.

You can actually order lovely fresh roasted coffee beans that have no additives. You can also buy unroasted coffee “cherries” and roast them yourself. Put the roasted beans in a grinder and brew it in boiling water or in any cheap commercial coffee pot. Coffee made from fresh beans has caffeine which should be used in moderation, but it has potassium and some other healthy things in it. Natural coffee has no cholesterol, sugar or anything like that.

en.wikipedia.org
275px-A_small_cup_of_coffee.JPG

Coffee | Nutrition

Brewed coffee from typical grounds prepared with tap water contains 40 mg caffeine per 100 gram and no essential nutrients in significant content. In espresso, however, likely due to its higher amount of suspended solids, there are significant contents of magnesium, the B vitamins, niacin and riboflavin, and 212 mg of caffeine per 100 grams of grounds.

I drink Nescafe Regular and Vanilla coffee.

I was off coffee for about 6 months which ended 3 months ago part of my diet. I am now back on Coffee and I fell in love with NC Vanilla Coffee. Mind you, I don’t add any sugar - Coffee, hot water and milk.

How can I achive the same vanilla flavor and taste by going the natural way? Any suggestions? (TIA)

Coffee is high in cholesterol unless you filter through a drip coffeemaker and even then it contains some. It’s those little globs of oil you see floating on top sometimes.

Coffee beans are oily, though you can roast some of the oils out and rinse the beans if you want. The oil in coffee beans actually have no fat or cholesterol, but they do have cafestol which can cause changes in cholesterol when you drink it. 🙂

I drink Nescafe Regular and Vanilla coffee.

I was off coffee for about 6 months which ended 3 months ago part of my diet. I am now back on Coffee and I fell in love with NC Vanilla Coffee. Mind you, I don’t add any sugar - Coffee, hot water and milk.

How can I achive the same vanilla flavor and taste by going the natural way? Any suggestions? (TIA)

I would think you could just add vanilla extract and maybe a dairy or vegan creamer? They also make vanilla flavored creamers that taste good, but of course then you get more chemicals. If you really wanted to go natural I would try the real vanilla bean extract.

I only drink one cup of coffee a day and I doubt a little bit hurts you whether it’s natural or not. Some people do care, though. I got into coffee roasting and coffee science as a hobby, not really a health thing, but it’s fun to me. 😃

I would think you could just add vanilla extract and maybe a dairy or vegan creamer? They also make vanilla flavored creamers that taste good, but of course then you get more chemicals. If you really wanted to go natural I would try the real vanilla bean extract.

I only drink one cup of coffee a day and I doubt a little bit hurts you whether it’s natural or not. Some people do care, though. I got into coffee roasting and coffee science as a hobby, not really a health thing, but it’s fun to me. 😃

I would try the real vanilla bean extract.

Thank you! I’ll look into that. I just don’t feel I have the time roasting beans and skimming them everyday.

I only drink one cup of coffee a day and I doubt a little bit hurts you whether it’s natural or not.

The problem I have is I love the psychological relaxation that coffee brings to me. It’s a weird comforting feeling I get and because of that I can have 1 coffee today yet 7 coffees tomorrow! I also use foam cups which are 3 times the size of regular disposable plastic cups.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Well, I’m currently trying to stay out of coffee, caffeine and energy drinks. Yeah, I have the same bad feeling when I’m not drinking them, but I hope I will get rid of that feeling in one or two months, with enough sleep and healthier food (not sure why I mentioned food, but I guess it could help).

Buy the beans green and roast your own - a $20 old style popcorn maker from Amazon running for 2-3 hours will roast enough beans for a month’s supply.

You can actually order lovely fresh roasted coffee beans that have no additives. You can also buy unroasted coffee “cherries” and roast them yourself. Put the roasted beans in a grinder and brew it in boiling water or in any cheap commercial coffee pot. Coffee made from fresh beans has caffeine which should be used in moderation, but it has potassium and some other healthy things in it. Natural coffee has no cholesterol, sugar or anything like that.

en.wikipedia.org
275px-A_small_cup_of_coffee.JPG

Coffee | Nutrition

Brewed coffee from typical grounds prepared with tap water contains 40 mg caffeine per 100 gram and no essential nutrients in significant content. In espresso, however, likely due to its higher amount of suspended solids, there are significant contents of magnesium, the B vitamins, niacin and riboflavin, and 212 mg of caffeine per 100 grams of grounds.

You can also buy unroasted coffee “cherries”

Is there any chance for you or anyone else, to know where I could find fresh “cherries” that ship internationally? (it’s a bummer that Amazon doesn’t ship them in my country)

• 3 years later...
On 10/1/2017 at 6:11 PM, rankinfinite said:

I have always had a love-hate relationship with coffee and caffeine. When I regularly drink it, I think it would be better for my health and my career to not drink it, and when I don’t, it goes the other way round.

It has been 42 hours since I last drank coffee, and I am having a very strong migraine. I have been drinking pots of it without a single day off since November 2015.

What do you think? Should I continue with my withdrawal or would it be beneficial if I go back to drinking it?

Sorry for reviving, but got similar issue atm. Coffee is my inspiration throw all my life, it gives me the energy in the mornings and the desire to move on. I prefer African roasted and Jamaican blue mountain beans(detailed description here). To my mind they contains too much caffeine. Is it a bad habit and can you give it up finally? What do you think? 

Thanks in advance

Frank

Archived