Tell me how you feel about Pro sellers and Pro gigs

paulmaplesden

I don’t think I need to explain that any further.

I would be grateful if you did - I am trying to present information and facts in the work I am going to be producing, so any specifics would be really helpful in doing that, as it gives it more veracity. If not, that’s cool, just wanted to get more info if it’s available.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be grateful if you did - I am trying to present information and facts in the work I am going to be producing, so any specifics would be really helpful in doing that, as it gives it more veracity. If not, that’s cool, just wanted to get more info if it’s available.

Paul there is nothing to explain. It’s a simple statement.

At first I was really afraid. I was petrified. I was wondering how I would live without you by my side. Ha.
I was scared. I thought that pro would dominate and take away from my sales. And I blame the push to get the word out on my sales being so so slow in all of July.

But, I am fortunate to have a success manager who is amazing: hila. I am fotunate to have other things going on such as online courses I teach, and have been lucky to have a Gig featured. So, things are picking up again.

I think Pro is still trying to find its place. I know I have an application in that I was notified is still in review. I think the onboarding of new pro sellers is slow because they want to see if it works.

I would love to get sales for such haigh dollar amounts. It would make my life easier. I could focus on fewer clients with more intensity. That is the dream here, right? To get market rate.

What I think is upsetting people is the roll out and the shadow it puts everyone here under. Is it possible Fiverr has too many sellers and things are dilluted so they need more buyers?

IDK. Right now I know I have forgotten Pro exist and just go about my business here, other projects, and life in general.

What worries me is those who only work on Fiverr for their income. It is scary to think that one change in the platform can end their run and leave them hanging out to dry. I think everyone needs multiple streams of revenues. You can not rely on one platform for all your needs.

At first I was really afraid. I was petrified. I was wondering how I would live without you by my side. Ha.

I was scared. I thought that pro would dominate and take away from my sales. And I blame the push to get the word out on my sales being so so slow in all of July.

But, I am fortunate to have a success manager who is amazing: hila. I am fotunate to have other things going on such as online courses I teach, and have been lucky to have a Gig featured. So, things are picking up again.

I think Pro is still trying to find its place. I know I have an application in that I was notified is still in review. I think the onboarding of new pro sellers is slow because they want to see if it works.

I would love to get sales for such haigh dollar amounts. It would make my life easier. I could focus on fewer clients with more intensity. That is the dream here, right? To get market rate.

What I think is upsetting people is the roll out and the shadow it puts everyone here under. Is it possible Fiverr has too many sellers and things are dilluted so they need more buyers?

IDK. Right now I know I have forgotten Pro exist and just go about my business here, other projects, and life in general.

What worries me is those who only work on Fiverr for their income. It is scary to think that one change in the platform can end their run and leave them hanging out to dry. I think everyone needs multiple streams of revenues. You can not rely on one platform for all your needs.

But, I am fortunate to have a success manager who is amazing: hila

She’s my CS Manager too, and yes, she is amazing. All Hail the Wonderful Hila!

I could not agree more. I suspect much of the concern around Pro is because Fiverr is a sole source of income for many freelancers, which makes any change to the platform, and the possible subsequent impact on earnings, very concerning.

That’s true. The people cannot rely just on one platform for the life needs.

And Fiverr may need to consider that, how many people will emigrate to other platforms?

Worth it Fiverr Pro for Fiverr and all the community? Time will tell us.

But, I am fortunate to have a success manager who is amazing: hila

She’s my CS Manager too, and yes, she is amazing. All Hail the Wonderful Hila!

I could not agree more. I suspect much of the concern around Pro is because Fiverr is a sole source of income for many freelancers, which makes any change to the platform, and the possible subsequent impact on earnings, very concerning.

I suspect much of the concern around Pro is because Fiverr is a sole source of income for many freelancers,

I think there are a lot of great writers on fiverr who do Pro quality work but don’t charge as much. It would be good if they could have some sort of general consensus on what the fees are but of course that’s not possible. So to me the biggest asset Pros have aside from the promotions are the fact that they have to charge a certain amount.

The pros are held out as superior sellers who deserve to get the big bucks.

They get in your face promotions.

Meanwhile the rest of us might be just as good and earn just as much without all the help.

So it’s unfair competition for those who are every bit as good and earn just as much.

Otherwise I don’t see a problem with it. It’s a glorified, heavily promoted TRS.

When I started selling on Fiverr I set myself a clear path

New seller -> Level 1 -> Level 2 -> Featured -> TRS

However, now you can get even more benefits with PRO badge without any experience on Fiverr.

Meanwhile the rest of us might be just as good and earn just as much without all the help.

So it’s unfair competition for those who are every bit as good and earn just as much.

Do you feel that TRS are less valued now? I know PROs are selected mainly because of their external work, so I don’t really question their quality, but I do see why TRS would be upset.

(At least the ones that are not picked for PRO).

And Fiverr may need to consider that, how many people will emigrate to other platforms?

That’s a good question. Although since it costs nothing to host your gigs here, I don’t think they will lose many sellers.

When I started selling on Fiverr I set myself a clear path

New seller -> Level 1 -> Level 2 -> Featured -> TRS

However, now you can get even more benefits with PRO badge without any experience on Fiverr.

Do you feel that TRS are less valued now? I know PROs are selected mainly because of their external work, so I don’t really question their quality, but I do see why TRS would be upset.

(At least the ones that are not picked for PRO).

That’s a good question. Although since it costs nothing to host your gigs here, I don’t think they will lose many sellers.

No I don’t think TRS are less valued. I think that Pros are held out to be worth at least $100 for a sale so that is something that they have an advantage in.

If all TRS had a certain minimum it would help. So many are still thinking they have to do so much work for just $5 or $10.

No I don’t think TRS are less valued. I think that Pros are held out to be worth at least $100 for a sale so that is something that they have an advantage in.

If all TRS had a certain minimum it would help. So many are still thinking they have to do so much work for just $5 or $10.

If they tell you that your minimum should be $30 and there’s a level 2 seller offering similar service for $5, then your revenue might decrease.

Although I see your point. There are other platforms that assign value to each gig based on your rating and you have no say in it. If Fiverr has picked you then in return for the credibility they should probably set a minimum value to level out TRS.

I’ve used those sites myself and it’s actually less painful process. If I hire a 5 star rated writer then I know I will get top notch quality. I might pay more, but I know someone else has done the background check for me.

I think Fiver Pro is good, that help you increase income a lot since a basic gig starting from very high price. And Fiverr want to target higher segment of the market.

The main problem is Pro gig mix with the regular gig and they draw extension a lot from a regular. More impression means more sale to pro gig.

I think the solution is Fiverr should sperate the PRO gig into an individual section tab right on the landing page. like this:

REGULAR GIG: All the same as we did before.
PRO GIG: ALL PRO GIG with the best seller in Fiverr.

Not mix All in one like Fiverr do right now.

If you notice that recently Fiverr change a lot in the mobile app, they did more complicated UX to find gig and many tasks to find the right gig. Buyer love to use mobile more than on the PC as they can bring mobile everywhere.

Yes, sale from May til now is decreasing rapidly with me since the “doer campaign” release. I think cause Fiverr has changed the algorithm of search, But i hope Fiverr can find a way that boosts sale for everybody.

I think we’ve beat the topic of Pro to death. I hope to go at least a couple days without any new Pro topic but I’m probably in the minority on that. We’ve had such a steady diet of Pro topics and digging for how people feel about the new Pro feature that it is starting to feel like a hope that others will express envy, bitterness, resentment, despair or something similar.

How are we supposed to think or feel about it? Has this subject been covered thoroughly yet?

I think we’ve beat the topic of Pro to death. I hope to go at least a couple days without any new Pro topic but I’m probably in the minority on that. We’ve had such a steady diet of Pro topics and digging for how people feel about the new Pro feature that it is starting to feel like a hope that others will express envy, bitterness, resentment, despair or something similar.

How are we supposed to think or feel about it? Has this subject been covered thoroughly yet?

I hope to go at least a couple days without any new Pro topic

Not a chance 😃

This forum is so darn addictive and as soon as you see a topic like this you’ll get involved. I’ve wasted an hour here while I should have worked on a project.

When I take a step back I realize that I shouldn’t even care. It’s not available in my category and I can’t afford PRO gigs either. They are not taking any sales away from me and I’m not contributing to their revenue either.

This was simply an attempt to gather opinion in one place, and we’ve had some great feedback. I also notice there are dozens of other topics that any forum user can take part in, it’s not like this thread is mandatory 😉

I haven’t really seen any other topics digging on how people feel about Pro, apart from the blog post one I did - If you can point me at others, that would be great, as I would really like a complete view. I just looked at the last 200 threads posted in the forum, and out of 200, only two mention Pro, so only 1% of threads doesn’t seem unreasonable.

I have no interest in seeing others express negative emotions about Pro, other than genuinely trying to get a consensus of opinion (which may be positive, negative, or neutral). You’ve been very helpful, for which I am grateful.

That’s true. The people cannot rely just on one platform for the life needs.

Worth it Fiverr Pro for Fiverr and all the community? Time will tell us.

how many people will emigrate to other platforms?

I come from other platforms and they all have had some kind of VIP services. Either Top Rated, Top Seller, Curated Freelancer…bla blah blah

I have nothing against Fiverr Pro, but I wonder if the Name is correct or fair for older users. Or if the introduction process had the best approach.

I´m cool with the concept, not sure if it had the best implementation.

I’m sorry but Pro gigs are just awful. Moreover, I feel this way due to the preference that Fiverr gives these in the search, how they have been rolled out, and what they are doing to Fiverrs brand identity overall.

In the past, if you joined Fiverr you started at level 0 and worked your way higher. Positive ratings and higher sales volumes led to a higher ranking in the Fiverr search. This is why when I started on Fiverr, I got maybe 6 orders a week and was happy as order amounts steadily increased. Much more importantly, I just like everyone else know just how important it is to have multiple income streams. The problem, however, is that as workflow increases on Fiverr, it is often the case that freelancers like me have to decide whether or not to give Fiverr preference over other sales channels.

I did this. I quit what was then Elance and I removed myself from my other main platform in all but name, since I simply didn’t have the time to spend a couple of hours every day sending proposals for work.

Now Pro is here and for sellers like me who used to have placement on the same first and second pages of search results upon which you currently enjoy placement upon, the ‘build your way up to the top’ system seems to have been set ablaze and pushed out to sea.

Instead, it seems to be that after updating previously best-selling gigs, non-pro sellers appearance in the Fiverr search is much more randomized. As well, however, as this being bad for regular sellers, it is also bad for buyers. This is because finding high-quality freelancers turns into more of a pot luck lottery unless, of course, they cough up and pay to go Pro.

“Well, if that’s the case, just apply to be a Pro seller,” lots of people keep saying. The thing is, though, doing that is just silly.

My off Fiverr brand identity revolves around the tagline “Internet Marketing on a Shoestring: Start-up Friendly SEO Content, Copywriting & Video Marketing.” My business model centers on the fact that as well as creating genuinely friendly SEO content and media, businesses need to be regularly syndicating such content. In this case, (and I don’t mean this offensively) I provide a better service to Fiverr’s traditional target audience than you do, simply because with me, a buyer can pay $100 for ten high-quality blog posts and that price will usually be much more in line with most small businesses actual monthly marketing budgets.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve learned from formatting and marketing my books in the past that it always pays to throw a lot of money at a reputable vendor of a one time service like a genuinely killer sales copy.

The thing is, Pro gigs (as I see it) just don’t fit with who Fiverrs target audience used to be. The majority of my (and other peoples) buyers used to be resellers of services. Fiverr in this respect, used to be the ultimate content mill. Now, however, the world’s best-known budget friendly freelance marketplace is saying to buyers, “Look we now have real certified Hollywood script writers here… And this other random basket of people who we mix up every day who say that they will do the same for less.”

Ideally, Pro gigs would have been rolled out with at least a month long marketing initiative. Emails, social media posts, blog posts, all saying something like, “something incredible is about to happen to the Fiverr marketplace.”

Fiverr would then have launched Pro in line with how regular users have to get started. Great, Have the Pro badge, be featured predominantly in searches for a week or two, but if you don’t bring in X amount of sales within a certain time frame, let it be known that you have to make it in the Fiverr search yourself. In fact, this would have been a great way to ensure that Pro sellers like you who say you bring people to Fiverr actually do.

Lastly, the launch itself was rubbish. It initially confused sellers. Then sellers on the forum (like me) started noticing a steep decline in orders. What’s more, the only people making a living off Fiverr who seem to be genuinely enthused about Pro gigs (as they are) appear to be Pro sellers themselves.

I started as a buyer on Fiverr and now I just find the whole place confusing. Yes, previously regular buyers will still theoretically go to their old sellers. The thing is, a few weeks before Pro was released, everyone’s favorite gig listings were wiped. This is why unless I take the time to search for a voice over artists identity through past messages and my order history, I’m unlikely to ever find them again in the Fiverr search organically.

Pro gigs don’t abduct children. They don’t sneak into your house when you are having breakfast and punch your wife in the face. What they do do, however, is represent a really bad roll out of a completely new dimension to Fiverr which is now only building anti-trust and confusion among both buyers and the people who used to feed Fiverr it’s 20% commission.

The future as I see it will start seeing a talent vacuum as regular sellers like me start exploring new avenues and traditional Fiverr buyers start realizing that Fiverr is called Fiverr but really they need to remortgage their house if they need a job done competently.

I don’t like the idea of PRO sellers on Fiverr (which actually the cheap freelance marketplace)

I’ve started here with 0 rating and without any promotion.
What I see now is that Fiverr promote PRO sellers everywhere and helps them by ordering their gigs (I saw few gigs where Fiverr team ordered pro services)

In my opinion the best way was creating a new platform with High-priced sellers, maybe something like “progigs” or “eliterr” or at least use a subdomain (for example “pro.fiverr.com)
It’s not fair in relation to the old sellers on this platform who worked hard to achieve a good reputation.

I’m sorry but Pro gigs are just awful. Moreover, I feel this way due to the preference that Fiverr gives these in the search, how they have been rolled out, and what they are doing to Fiverrs brand identity overall.

In the past, if you joined Fiverr you started at level 0 and worked your way higher. Positive ratings and higher sales volumes led to a higher ranking in the Fiverr search. This is why when I started on Fiverr, I got maybe 6 orders a week and was happy as order amounts steadily increased. Much more importantly, I just like everyone else know just how important it is to have multiple income streams. The problem, however, is that as workflow increases on Fiverr, it is often the case that freelancers like me have to decide whether or not to give Fiverr preference over other sales channels.

I did this. I quit what was then Elance and I removed myself from my other main platform in all but name, since I simply didn’t have the time to spend a couple of hours every day sending proposals for work.

Now Pro is here and for sellers like me who used to have placement on the same first and second pages of search results upon which you currently enjoy placement upon, the ‘build your way up to the top’ system seems to have been set ablaze and pushed out to sea.

Instead, it seems to be that after updating previously best-selling gigs, non-pro sellers appearance in the Fiverr search is much more randomized. As well, however, as this being bad for regular sellers, it is also bad for buyers. This is because finding high-quality freelancers turns into more of a pot luck lottery unless, of course, they cough up and pay to go Pro.

“Well, if that’s the case, just apply to be a Pro seller,” lots of people keep saying. The thing is, though, doing that is just silly.

My off Fiverr brand identity revolves around the tagline “Internet Marketing on a Shoestring: Start-up Friendly SEO Content, Copywriting & Video Marketing.” My business model centers on the fact that as well as creating genuinely friendly SEO content and media, businesses need to be regularly syndicating such content. In this case, (and I don’t mean this offensively) I provide a better service to Fiverr’s traditional target audience than you do, simply because with me, a buyer can pay $100 for ten high-quality blog posts and that price will usually be much more in line with most small businesses actual monthly marketing budgets.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve learned from formatting and marketing my books in the past that it always pays to throw a lot of money at a reputable vendor of a one time service like a genuinely killer sales copy.

The thing is, Pro gigs (as I see it) just don’t fit with who Fiverrs target audience used to be. The majority of my (and other peoples) buyers used to be resellers of services. Fiverr in this respect, used to be the ultimate content mill. Now, however, the world’s best-known budget friendly freelance marketplace is saying to buyers, “Look we now have real certified Hollywood script writers here… And this other random basket of people who we mix up every day who say that they will do the same for less.”

Ideally, Pro gigs would have been rolled out with at least a month long marketing initiative. Emails, social media posts, blog posts, all saying something like, “something incredible is about to happen to the Fiverr marketplace.”

Fiverr would then have launched Pro in line with how regular users have to get started. Great, Have the Pro badge, be featured predominantly in searches for a week or two, but if you don’t bring in X amount of sales within a certain time frame, let it be known that you have to make it in the Fiverr search yourself. In fact, this would have been a great way to ensure that Pro sellers like you who say you bring people to Fiverr actually do.

Lastly, the launch itself was rubbish. It initially confused sellers. Then sellers on the forum (like me) started noticing a steep decline in orders. What’s more, the only people making a living off Fiverr who seem to be genuinely enthused about Pro gigs (as they are) appear to be Pro sellers themselves.

I started as a buyer on Fiverr and now I just find the whole place confusing. Yes, previously regular buyers will still theoretically go to their old sellers. The thing is, a few weeks before Pro was released, everyone’s favorite gig listings were wiped. This is why unless I take the time to search for a voice over artists identity through past messages and my order history, I’m unlikely to ever find them again in the Fiverr search organically.

Pro gigs don’t abduct children. They don’t sneak into your house when you are having breakfast and punch your wife in the face. What they do do, however, is represent a really bad roll out of a completely new dimension to Fiverr which is now only building anti-trust and confusion among both buyers and the people who used to feed Fiverr it’s 20% commission.

The future as I see it will start seeing a talent vacuum as regular sellers like me start exploring new avenues and traditional Fiverr buyers start realizing that Fiverr is called Fiverr but really they need to remortgage their house if they need a job done competently.

This was the way to do it and it could still happen - If Fiverr were to simply contact all Pro sellers and explain that from September/October 1st, Pro gigs will not get priority placement then I would be happy with that. 3-4 months from launch, the sellers who will flourish will be able to show evidence of that and those who don’t do well have not justified their continue placement.

This was the way to do it and it could still happen - If Fiverr were to simply contact all Pro sellers and explain that from September/October 1st, Pro gigs will not get priority placement then I would be happy with that. 3-4 months from launch, the sellers who will flourish will be able to show evidence of that and those who don’t do well have not justified their continue placement.

But what happens if some of the big names leave Fiverr because they’re no longer placed at the top? And, say, write about their experience, or make a video about it?

But what happens if some of the big names leave Fiverr because they’re no longer placed at the top? And, say, write about their experience, or make a video about it?

Then perhaps their failure to convert on a platform with hundreds of thousands of ready-to-buy customers should make their other clients question their marketing/publicity/writing prowess. If you are on Page 1 of a platform with that much exposure and you don’t sell then YOU are doing something wrong, it’s unquestionable.

I don’t like the idea of PRO sellers on Fiverr (which actually the cheap freelance marketplace)

What I see now is that Fiverr promote PRO sellers everywhere and helps them by ordering their gigs (I saw few gigs where Fiverr team ordered pro services)

In my opinion the best way was creating a new platform with High-priced sellers, maybe something like “progigs” or “eliterr” or at least use a subdomain (for example “pro.fiverr.com)

It’s not fair in relation to the old sellers on this platform who worked hard to achieve a good reputation.

In my opinion the best way was creating a new platform with High-priced sellers, maybe something like “progigs” or “eliterr” or at least use a subdomain (for example “pro.fiverr.com”)

Can you tell me why it’s not fair? Is it that you believe Fiverr Pro sellers are promoted more? If that’s the case, where do you see that outside of the search results switch?

Fiverr were to simply contact all Pro sellers and explain that from September/October 1st, Pro gigs will not get priority placement then I would be happy with that. 3-4 months from launch, the sellers who will flourish will be able to show evidence of that and those who don’t do well have not justified their continue placement.

Thank you! I vote for this.

In my opinion the best way was creating a new platform with High-priced sellers, maybe something like “progigs” or “eliterr” or at least use a subdomain (for example “pro.fiverr.com”)

Can you tell me why it’s not fair? Is it that you believe Fiverr Pro sellers are promoted more? If that’s the case, where do you see that outside of the search results switch?

I think one of the biggest problems with Fiverr Pro is that when you reply to the kind of posts which you have just quoted, you sound fake.

“Can you tell me why it’s not fair? Is it that you believe Fiverr Pro sellers are promoted more? If that’s the case, where do you see that outside of the search results switch?”

This sounds like an attack on someone with an opinion which is contrary to yours. Yes, this might simply be a case of semantics. But, well, you new on the scene Pro sellers do seem to have a way of sounding condescending at times.

Maybe be careful with that.

Archived