Tell me how you feel about Pro sellers and Pro gigs

paulmaplesden

I’m currently creating posts around the Pro service for Fiverr, so I may incorporate or address some of this feedback in those posts.

Oh dear, I missed that part. @paulmaplesden Please don´t include my comments/posts in this thread in the posts you are creating (not that my comments are awesome, lol). I commented because I just felt like joining in the crowd. 🙂

Oh dear, I missed that part. @paulmaplesden Please don´t include my comments/posts in this thread in the posts you are creating (not that my comments are awesome, lol). I commented because I just felt like joining in the crowd.

I won’t be quoting or identifying anyone 🙂 This is purely background research to identify any major areas of concern, and I will just use the feedback in aggregate to inform any writing.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear, I missed that part. @paulmaplesden Please don´t include my comments/posts in this thread in the posts you are creating (not that my comments are awesome, lol). I commented because I just felt like joining in the crowd.

I won’t be quoting or identifying anyone 🙂 This is purely background research to identify any major areas of concern, and I will just use the feedback in aggregate to inform any writing.

Thank you for the reply, I just would like to add that, at least for me, it´s not about ‘being identified’ 😉 that sounds so grave, or as if I (we?) fear any repercussions or anything, our posts here are public anyway, but more that I (probably we, as far as I can tell from ‘knowing’ the others who mentioned this from here) consider/ed the forum mostly as a place to get and share info, discuss, have fun and that replying to a forum thread on the spur of the moment is different than maybe finding yourself quoted, maybe even out of context (which easily can happen, not even by bad intention but already by the quoting and not quoting the whole post/all related posts), and without having formulated our full thoughts on a topic to appear in a ‘proper’ article that might be published on the Fiverr blog, in a book or anywhere outside of this thread/the forum. You probably work on your commissioned articles longer than on your forum posts too, so I guess you see the point. 🙂

Not that I specifically would expect you to do that (directly quote us), just a general sentiment, is all. 🙂

And now I’m out of the ‘pro threads’, I don´t have any horse in this race anyway apart from my wish for Fiverr as a whole and all of my fellow sellers who deserve it by doing great or good or even good enough work for the remuneration, to prosper. 🍀

Here´s a quote from a new Fiverr blog about a writer, seems to be a cool and nice person, but this here stood out to me, mind you, it´s not written by him but Fiverr’s introductory text, as far as I can tell (unless he wrote the first bit about himself in 3rd person):

His work is fast, good and cheap. Hire him for your content and reporting needs on Fiverr Pro.

Which, kind of, makes sense since

… is an American freelance writer now living the expat life in Argentina. Those two features bring you benefits: quality writing at an affordable price.

Only, if Fiverr now markets Pros not just as the ‘more trust by hand-vetted, higher quality, alternative’ but as well as “cheap”, “affordable”, which is the one thing the non-pros still might have thought they got going for them, well, imagine the feelings.

And same for me as for Fitrig and Writer, please, I just take part in the forum for fun and to help when I can (and the reason I haven´t applied and won´t apply for Pro actually is privacy, which BTW, shouldn´t be too surprising, seeing that I registered an account with a company that disallows/disallowed their users to exchange private info, communicate off-Fiverr, put links to our websites etc.), if there is anything useful for you in my comments, use it, but I don´t want to be quoted or anything the like anywhere off-forum.

Plus, this bit “Hire him for your content and reporting needs on Fiverr Pro.” sounds as if Fiverr and Fiverr Pro are 2 separate things, 2 different URLs etc., pretty much like what a lot of sellers here say how they would have liked to see this implemented.

Maybe time to consider that, if Fiverr itself doesn´t quite know anymore if there is just a Fiverr.com or a Fiverr.com and a Fiverr.Pro.com?

Just an idea, if Fiverr was my business and I didn´t want to alienate the majority of my sellers, wouldn´t it make sense to let some non-pro non-staff person look over such blog posts, articles, whatever before publishing them to tell one which feelings they might produce and to counter potential ‘miss the forest for the trees’ effect/tunnel view?

His work is fast, good and cheap.

I didn’t know that gigs starting at $150, $200, $400 etc. were considered cheap by fiverr.

That’s what his Pro gigs start at.

I doubt if Pro gigs would work for our “fun” category.

I won’t be quoting or identifying anyone

Thank you. 🙂

Archived