How I see the future of Fiverr

mae_creativity

I’m not very happy about the whole Pro thing being mixed up with the regular Fiverr sellers, and I voiced my concerns regarding this in another thread, so I won’t rant about that again.

Most of my orders are custom offers ranging from 20 - 500 USD, depending on the amount of work. I see no reason this will change with the Pro feature.

I might have to compete with more expensive Gigs, but hey, that only makes my offer better.

I live in an economy where this is possible, offering a service normally delivered by workers in Norway who is a very expensive country, so I’ll get by… And I think most sellers will.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fine.

Then all I can ask you is whether or not there is a cafe with internet that will let me sit there all day (and of course buy 5 coffees) and a hostel–within 3 km of your house?

Sure, there’s Cafe Coffee Day, an Indian version of Starbucks all over India, on every street on Indian cities. Starbucks is also present in India, but not as many stores. You won’t find a hostel close to my house, as this is a residential area with retired pensioners, families and IT professionals, but there are plenty in Bagalore and elsewhere in India. Check out sites such as Yatra.com, Expedia - India, Cleartrip, MakeMyTrip etc. YOu can book everything - bus, railway, hotel, holiday packgage, flight ticket online, months before your trip.

Haha, well. I’d say either the amount of words per article will decrease or you’re selling yourself way under value; considering inflation, economics, living standards, your experience & knowledge, and so many more individual factors it could fill a whole book.

I don’t know how to explain this attitude without coming across as a showoff - every year, my non-Fiverr income becomes bigger, because of the power of compounding…even if my Fiverr income remains the same, more or less, it becomes less and less important and more and more of a hobby. So right now, I write for fun, when I am in my 40s I will write for fun, same when I am in my 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s…it keeps me productive, and makes me feel alive 🙂 [Of course, if the banking system in India collapses, the stock market collapses, the property market collapses…I am in trouble…that’s the Black Swan scenario - Read Nassim Nicholas Taleb]

I don’t know how to explain this attitude without coming across as a showoff - every year, my non-Fiverr income becomes bigger, because of the power of compounding…even if my Fiverr income remains the same, more or less, it becomes less and less important and more and more of a hobby. So right now, I write for fun, when I am in my 40s I will write for fun, same when I am in my 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s…it keeps me productive, and makes me feel alive 🙂

Okay. There’s nothing more to add. 🙂 If it’s a hobby, it’s up to you to please other people on your behalf. I only hope that you’ll not destroy your hobby by getting clients with bad morals and ethics.

I’m not very happy about the whole Pro thing being mixed up with the regular Fiverr sellers, and I voiced my concerns regarding this in another thread, so I won’t rant about that again.

Most of my orders are custom offers ranging from 20 - 500 USD, depending on the amount of work. I see no reason this will change with the Pro feature.

I might have to compete with more expensive Gigs, but hey, that only makes my offer better.

I live in an economy where this is possible, offering a service normally delivered by workers in Norway who is a very expensive country, so I’ll get by… And I think most sellers will.

@smashradio I will gladly pay you $500 for a 12 word voice over if y’all stop it with the douze points to Sweden 😊

I don’t know how to explain this attitude without coming across as a showoff - every year, my non-Fiverr income becomes bigger, because of the power of compounding…even if my Fiverr income remains the same, more or less, it becomes less and less important and more and more of a hobby. So right now, I write for fun, when I am in my 40s I will write for fun, same when I am in my 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s…it keeps me productive, and makes me feel alive 🙂

Okay. There’s nothing more to add. 🙂 If it’s a hobby, it’s up to you to please other people on your behalf. I only hope that you’ll not destroy your hobby by getting clients with bad morals and ethics.

That’s why I have a delivery time of 29 days 🙂 By the way, I said 1 article for $5…most of my orders are for 10 to 40 articles…so far, I have had only the most wonderful clients, very, very few bad experiences on Fiverr.

@mae_creativity Haha! Deal! Let me have a chat with my countrymen and I’ll get back to you. 😃

@smashradio Fantastic. I’ll add a $5 tip if your countrymen can give the douze points to my country next year. 🙂

I loooooooooooooove EV!! Ooh–maybe my upcoming travel should be next year to Portugal 😉

ps I’ve been listening to Love Love Peace Peace all morning 🙂

LOL. Thank you very much (I guess I am a cheap buyer coz I never buy any basic gig for more than $25, and most gigs I buy is in between range $5 to $10). 😂

Anyway, thank you for explaining. I guess each to their own. 🙂

I maybe should’ve added that “cheap” isn’t meant with a negative connotation but simply neutral. 😉

Fiverr : The Past - 2014 Writer99025 $5 for an article

Fiverr : Present - 2017 Writer99025 $5 for an article

Fiverr: Future - 2027 Writer99025 $5 for an article

Fiverr : Extreme Future - 2047 Writer99025 $5 for an article

Fiverr : Extreme Extreme Future - 2067 Writer99025 $5 for an article

Haha, well. I’d say either the amount of words per article will decrease or you’re selling yourself way under value; considering inflation, economics, living standards, your experience & knowledge, and so many more individual factors it could fill a whole book.

in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and writer’s pricing

I actually voted for you this year! 😉

Really???

In the semi we came in high, so I don’t know why we came in almost at the very end in the final.

Thank you very much. I’ll tell IMRI when I see him around (tiny country).

Not just because you said that, but I truly did like JOWST.

🙂

And I´d say Writer99025 is a true Stoic.

Oh, I missed that post 🙂 Yeah, I suppose the Bhagwad Gita has a lot in common with stoicism, I read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius and 2-3 other books on stoicism. But I am not a stoic, I am not denying myself anything I would want. I am more of a follower of Objectivism (Ayn Rand’s philosophy).

Oh, I missed that post 🙂 Yeah, I suppose the Bhagwad Gita has a lot in common with stoicism, I read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius and 2-3 other books on stoicism. But I am not a stoic, I am not denying myself anything I would want. I am more of a follower of Objectivism (Ayn Rand’s philosophy).

Opinions on Stoics are varied, I’m with those who think there´s a difference between Stoicism and Asceticism.

Not denying yourself anything you would want is a good thing, either way. We all have our own personal mix of philosphies, I guess. But I liked your past-present-future post. And that cat meme. 👀

LOL. Thank you very much (I guess I am a cheap buyer coz I never buy any basic gig for more than $25, and most gigs I buy is in between range $5 to $10). 😂

Anyway, thank you for explaining. I guess each to their own. 🙂

I maybe should’ve added that “cheap” isn’t meant with a negative connotation but simply neutral. 😉

Fiverr : The Past - 2014 Writer99025 $5 for an article

Fiverr : Present - 2017 Writer99025 $5 for an article

Fiverr: Future - 2027 Writer99025 $5 for an article

Fiverr : Extreme Future - 2047 Writer99025 $5 for an article

Fiverr : Extreme Extreme Future - 2067 Writer99025 $5 for an article

LOL. From my end (the word ˝cheap buyer˝), it´s totally fine in this matter since I sincerely believe you didn´t mean to look down on certain buyers. I seriously did find it hilarious. It´s just a word anyway 🙂

˝They are only words, it´s the context that counts˝. - George Carlin.

Personally, I didn’t like the “pro” thing. Everyone here is the pro! If not, they would go extinct like a dinosaur or some seller whatever you say. 😕
There is no reason to bring a pro feature or level/label to some sellers gig with the high price. -_-

I m sorry for asking this.. because this is not related to here.. but I have some friends who like to buy gigs from fiverr. and I m a seller here. so how can I send an invite referral link to my friends

Thanks

Novia

I m sorry for asking this… because this is not related to here… but I have some friends who like to buy gigs from fiverr. and I m a seller here. so how can I send an invite referral link to my friends

Thanks

Novia

Better to stay on topic 🙂

Check here: https://www.fiverr.com/academy / https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Welcome/Fiverr-FAQ / http://blog.fiverr.com/

Archived