Beware of false Gods: The Algorithm issue

wuerz123

Its like Google folks noone knows except fotr the creators. Put your brainpower to use on working hard and keeping your clients happy 🙂

As long as you have some repeat buyers then you have more chances for more positive review and better rank for Recommended filter. If you or other sellers are nee, chances are not good at all. Maybe buyer request section can help them.

I think Search Tags has nothing to do with our gigs in categories. I just made some experiment and what I saw is that search tags are Only for search gigs.

So basically if we go in category of Logo design and our gigs was in 1st page and is not anymore, it is because of filters now are for for Recommended and not Relevance. I hope it makes sense.

I used buyer requests and edited search every 3 days and sometimes I don’t have any order and sometimes within two hour I have 3-4 orders and up to 5 messages. This is because MAYBE my gig show in some country in 1st page for short period of time or they are using search keyword and not go direct in graphic design ~ flyers & posters category to find me in the very end page.

I think Search Tags has nothing to do with our gigs in categories. I just made some experiment and what I saw is that search tags are Only for search gigs.

Yes, tags are not involved in Gig’s ranking. I keep saying it here for a few weeks already. If to create unique tag (blabla1772553Z) - you will never find it in the system, means it won’t be indexed by the system 🙂

Search tags are search request links - absolutely same as we do in the search bar. They are created for Google mostly (or maybe some people click them)

it’s only my 🙂pinion

Algorithm, it´s like, you are somewhere in a new place and you want to go to the market (let´s suppose the market is far). You don´t know the best route to go there. So you need to figure out the routes to get there without having to break the law (such as jaywalking, etc). Me thinks.

Despite being quite new on Fiverr and not having much experience selling here, I think whatever algorithm Fiverr employs actually helps sellers.

In my case, I created a Gig and left it sit there due to time constraints. I have not advertised my Gig at all, yet I am on my 4th order and I’ve been contacted by several people out of the blue. Even without doing anything you get exposure, I think. It has helped me get a modest start before I even planned to start.

What do you mean? I don´t understand. I thought that´s what we have been talking about?

I mean you can not discuss algorithm tech details (I mean your thoughts, your opinions)

You can say only common phrases like: you need to work hard, don’t complain, promote your gigs and another useless blablabla - nothing concret

IMHO

That’s not the case. It’s just that nobody really knows how it works other than Fiverr. So to falsely comment with a way how it works would be made up.

What do you mean? I don´t understand. I thought that´s what we have been talking about?

I mean you can not discuss algorithm tech details (I mean your thoughts, your opinions)

You can say only common phrases like: you need to work hard, don’t complain, promote your gigs and another useless blablabla - nothing concret

IMHO

IMHO

IMHO

It means that I’m not sure, it’s only my opinion

It’s simply peacefull discussions. Everybody can have own points of view. and so on

it’s only my 🙂pinion

Cheers for your 🙂pinion

I’ll be honest, your “my opinions are the best” opinions are really starting to grate on me.

You present them as if you know what you’re talking about, when in reality, you’re opinions are often far from the truth. Please do not present yourself as knowledgeable on subjects, if you don’t actually know much about them.

You’re a relative newby here on Fiverr – joined in January. You have only 23 reviews, and you delivered your most recent order 29 days ago. Be willing to accept that there are other users here on Fiverr who know more about your “opinionated topics” than you do.

You may find it more beneficial to spend more time listening and learning, and less time talking and declaring your “opinions” on everything.

“Those who are wise, know how to listen.”

IMHO

IMHO

It means that I’m not sure, it’s only my opinion

It’s simply peacefull discussions. Everybody can have own points of view. and so on

it’s only my 🙂pinion

Cheers for your 🙂pinion

I’ll be honest, your “my opinions are the best” opinions are really starting to grate on me.

You present them as if you know what you’re talking about, when in reality, you’re opinions are often far from the truth. Please do not present yourself as knowledgeable on subjects, if you don’t actually know much about them.

You’re a relative newby here on Fiverr – joined in January. You have only 23 reviews, and you delivered your most recent order 29 days ago. Be willing to accept that there are other users here on Fiverr who know more about your “opinionated topics” than you do.

You may find it more beneficial to spend more time listening and learning, and less time talking and declaring your “opinions” on everything.

“Those who are wise, know how to listen.”

Don’t worry, I started being tired of forum a little bit, and don’t see any good reason to bother about it anymore

I had questions for myself - I didn’t find replies.

Only promote, promote, promote - from people who are not even involved in the Algorithm’s play (I mean high seller’s level)

My poor 🙂pinion

I won’t interrupt ur LocalSelfPromotion

Don’t worry, I started being tired of forum a little bit, and don’t see any good reason to bother about it anymore

Only promote, promote, promote - from people who are not even involved in the Algorithm’s play (I mean high seller’s level)

My poor 🙂pinion

Correction: You weren’t willing to listen to the helpful replies other people were offering you.

And, who’s fault was that, eh? 😉

My poor 🙂pinion

Perhaps it would be best to do more reading as Jon suggested, or do whatever else you think will help you. Derailing topics repeatedly is not helpful to anyone. Posting comments that are really not on topic but making sure that you add a few words to try to “fit” isn’t helpful either. It is particularly rude to imply that other people are not allowed to respond to your “opinions”:

I recommend you not to recommend me

Following comments with (joke) doesn’t automatically make the comment any less rude. I do recommend that you stop attempting to push discussions off course.

Discussions here are not “censored” in the true meaning of that word, but toxic behavior isn’t encouraged and can cause your posts to be removed. This is not my opinion, it is the truth.

My poor 🙂pinion

Where is he promoting himself? He is just stating an opinion. IMHO.

I don’t get this. You accuse everyone who disagrees with you of promoting themselves, self-promotion etc. This is just an online forum and they are just participating by leaving their comments. Is this your way of bullying those who don’t agree with you into remaining silent? That won’t happen. IMHO. Such relentless negativity is not cool. If Fiverr is not working for you, find something else that works. Just crying and whining won’t do you any good whatsoever. Nothing is permanent. Platforms come and go, you should just move on and find out what works you and jump on it - till it stops working, following which you should jump on something else. Change is the only constant. Negativity never helps, no matter what.

Where is he promoting himself? He is just stating an opinion. IMHO.

I don’t get this. You accuse everyone who disagrees with you of promoting themselves, self-promotion etc. This is just an online forum and they are just participating by leaving their comments. Is this your way of bullying those who don’t agree with you into remaining silent? That won’t happen. IMHO. Such relentless negativity is not cool. If Fiverr is not working for you, find something else that works. Just crying and whining won’t do you any good whatsoever. Nothing is permanent. Platforms come and go, you should just move on and find out what works you and jump on it - till it stops working, following which you should jump on something else. Change is the only constant. Negativity never helps, no matter what.

Change is the only constant.

That is very Zen and so true.

What about the Algorithm (search Algorithm) ? Any really usefull tips ?

So funny and unlogical. High level sellers talk about new Algorithm - they can't know anything about it because they simply don't deal with it. Only "low" level sellers can monitor the really actual details and so on. Ha, ha

it's my poor 🙂pinion only

What about the Algorithm (search Algorithm) ? Any really usefull tips ?

So funny and unlogical. High level sellers talk about new Algorithm - they can’t know anything about it because they simply don’t deal with it. Only “low” level sellers can monitor the really actual details and so on. Ha, ha

it’s my poor 🙂pinion only

You haven’t been listening to anything anyone has told you in response to your demands for more information about the inner workings of the Fiverr search algorithm. Buddy, we don’t know anything about how the algorithm works. This has been made abundantly clear to you – many times. Continuing to demand more insight from people who have no idea how the algorithm works is a pointless forum conversation.

And I can assure you, with 100% certainty, that YOU know nothing about the true nature of the Fiverr algorithm either.

Something tells me that you’re just here on the forums to be an antagonist. Almost nothing that you have contributed to these forum topics, with your trite “IMHO” response, have been even remotely polite, or productive. I’m almost at the point where I might recommend that a forum Mod puts you into a time-out for a while (i.e., takes away your forum posting rights).

You keep putting me, and others (who are trying to be helpful) down with insults and condemnation. I find it to be increasingly rude, and inconsiderate.

Honestly, I no longer care about your “poor opinions”. You’re just rude, and it’s getting old.

Mod Note: Just clarifying about your point regarding “recommending Mod action”: If any user has an issue with another user they are free to use the flag system and include a reason/message for the moderation team. If there are multiple instances, it is better to PM a mod with the details, including links to some of the problem posts. Users are all required to be respectful to others in all of their posts.

Archived