Theft by a seller

Guest slave4randi

Guest slave4randi

@slave4randi Can I ask you? How did the thief purchase a gig from your fiverr account yet you said they didn´t hack your Paypal. Did they hack your credit card or debit card? I really don´t understand. Coz to purchase a gig, the thief would need money, no?

That is one of the big questions I have too. I can only think that my card details were on the account, they used it to pay for their gig and then deleted the details from my account. Otherwise I have no idea.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest offlinehelpers

That is one of the big questions I have too. I can only think that my card details were on the account, they used it to pay for their gig and then deleted the details from my account. Otherwise I have no idea.

Silly question here - have you checked with your card company to see if you’ve had money debited from your account, or was it just your Fiverr account that was hacked?

Guest slave4randi

Silly question here - have you checked with your card company to see if you’ve had money debited from your account, or was it just your Fiverr account that was hacked?

I’ve checked my bank account but nothing is showing up yet. It’s weird because he definately got in to my Fiverr account and he definately paid for a gig using my account. Perhaps I had money in there (although I don’t recall leaving funds in Fiverr). And he is still online and ‘delivering’ to customers. He also gave himself 5 stars and positive feedback from myself. And still Fiverr have not responded.

I’ve checked my bank account but nothing is showing up yet. It’s weird because he definately got in to my Fiverr account and he definately paid for a gig using my account. Perhaps I had money in there (although I don’t recall leaving funds in Fiverr). And he is still online and ‘delivering’ to customers. He also gave himself 5 stars and positive feedback from myself. And still Fiverr have not responded.

How much did he pay himself from your account?

How did he pay if there has been no money taken from any of your accounts? Money is not in fiverr in your account, it comes out of Paypal or your credit card so you need to contact those to ask if any charges were made.

If no money was taken from your accounts then it didn’t happen.

Guest slave4randi

How did he pay if there has been no money taken from any of your accounts? Money is not in fiverr in your account, it comes out of Paypal or your credit card so you need to contact those to ask if any charges were made.

£5 on here. And if he has taken my payment details, then who knows how much he may take from me elsewhere.

Guest slave4randi

So how did he order the gig from my account?

Guest slave4randi

So which of your credit cards has that much taken out? He can’t order without paying.

Call them up and ask them!

They are not showing any charges yet.

Guest slave4randi

Those would show charges immediately. Those are direct withdrawal systems.

Ha ha no. I don’t suffer from sleepwalking.

Guest slave4randi

I don’t know how he is doing it. All I know is, is that he is online now, is still trading and Fiverr are ignoring me.

I don’t know how he is doing it. All I know is, is that he is online now, is still trading and Fiverr are ignoring me.

If you have not had money taken out then you need to alert Paypal and your online bank not to honor any charges from fiverr or change accounts.

Guest slave4randi

Your case is very similar to this one. So scary. So far I´ve seen two people got this problem (one of them is you). This is serious.

favicon.ico 60621_1.png

I would change your password and email immediately. Hopefully support can help.

Yes that’s not good. I am shocked that Fiverr are doing nothing. I am going to wait a bit longer and then I am going to close my account too.

@slave4randi - I am so troubled by what has happened to you. This is distressing. Thank you for sharing your story in the forum. Sounds like you were targeted because it has been quite some time since your last activity.

@misscrystal @offlinehelpers @miiila - great advice to alert PayPal and the bank.

It sounds like you are taking all precautions. Fiverr Customer Support will help you - and I hope they get back with you right away.

Two days ago Fiverr took money out of my Seller account – a $60 order from March suddenly was “cancelled” because (per Fiverr) the Buyer used a fraudulent PayPal account - that was from three months ago! I assume this also means that you will be protected in the same way.

Godspeed. 😇

Your case is very similar to this one. So scary. So far I´ve seen two people got this problem (one of them is you). This is serious.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum 60621_1.png

Account Hacked - change your passwords

@slave4randi

£5 on here. And if he has taken my payment details, then who knows how much he may take from me elsewhere.

And if he has taken my payment details

Actually, unless he didn´t hack ‘just’ your account but also Fiverr’s data of your account, he can´t know your payment details, I have my PP on there and it just shows the first and the last character of the PP address

(example: if my PP address was randomfiverrseller@outlook.com, it would only show to the hacker as r******r@outlook.com)

as security measure, so unless your PP mail is the same as your username which would then be easily guessable, he shouldn´t know. And if it was credit card info, I assume it only shows a few of the numbers of the account then.

Guest offlinehelpers

Hey slave4randi

Can you tell the name of the seller would be good to know that

No, it would be against forum rules. 🙂

Archived