What was your reason to join Fiverr?

tzezuka

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I needed something to do so three years ago I joined as an article and blog writer. Now 500 and some blogs later I get more work than I need. Usually I am in the top ten on the main page so that helps. However, writing quality articles and blogs can get tedious and boring so you have to look at the big picture. Fiver can help you realize your potential by putting you in a position to prove yourself.

Fiverr is my main job. I found this(from internet) when I went to university. It’s the best way to earn money. Fiver saves my mother’s life. She is cancer patient. She still alive because of fiver money. Absolutely this site is awesome. If you work harder and harder, you can be successful here in fiver… :)>- :)>-

Well I use to have some projects from ODesk to get extra bucks but when my client changed the contract from a per hour basis to a per project… I started to look for other sites that can give me work projects but does not require a lot of conditions. That’s when I found Fiverr. I was hesitant to join at first because the money you earned here is just so low compared to that of ODesk but I really need to get extra money because my regular salary is really not much. Luckily I got a steady flow of clients in the beginning to keep me busy until I reach V2. (I earned about $230 in 3 months) I thought now that I’m gonna get more clients now that I’m a V2… UNFORTUNATELY that was the last of it. I never have a single client anymore now. I even added a new gig (Logo making) so hopefully some client will notice my works… but nada. I’m desperately looking for projects at the moment. Maybe someday I get lucky again.

Guest sexynerd

I’m a nerd and love to read and write. I joined 4 months ago to make some extra spending cash. The first month I made $75, and it grew from there. I have a lot of regular clients and to date have passed $2400, I’m taking my family to Maui tomorrow for 2 weeks and when I get back I will hit the ground running with a regular client that purchased a custom gig over $100 so he would be first in the queue. I love working for fiverr buyers too!

woow, a good place to share the short story, let me go

I just joined fiverr as a fun because I have many friends who’re working and earning a lot, by profession I am a freelancer web developer and also freelancer award winner. anyway keep me tell you about fiverr.
I searched a lot and finally i got the idea to make a very very unique gig, i did it and now I sell up 200+ with custom order not $5 gig, my very sell is up to $20 average hover i have $100+ gig too just in three months.
AND NOW FIVERR NO MORE A FUN FOR ME. IT IS MY JOB TODAY AND I AM WORKING PROBABLY FULL TIME. That’s really very cool. i really like it. and my dream is to get top seller here.

thank you!

Guest hafada

Financial independence? No way! I find the starting price of 5 dollars and the possible ad-ons (10 and 20 dollars) for extras way too low. Writing, editing and translating are all time-intensive, so my hourly rate on fiverr – well, it’s more playing around than anything else… Especially working out of such an expensive country as Switzerland is.

Well…I found this link in my email, so I thought I would add my own reasons for staying with fiverr – even though I haven’t had a single sale since signing up. Over time, it has become my personal challenge to find the best thing I can do as a gig within the fiverr format. I recently posted on twitter (all of JUNE 2015) and referred people to my GIFT gig as a modified effort in crowdfunding for sales. I am sorry to say that it still didn’t help. 🙂 I am getting closer to finding the best items to sell through fiverr, but still haven’t found it/them.

My attraction to fiverr is the $5 concept. I think it is a great idea. As I have gone about my searching for the perfect sales solution, I also found the $5 requirement to be very limiting. I am very glad that the gig extras have been opened to everyone… it makes the effort to sell here more inviting. I am exploring a lot more ideas now. I still hope to find something that is worth the $5 concept, but more money per order is nice, too.

I was trying to find a great file to add to this post and decided on one that had one of my writings on it. I call it MOUNTAINS. I hope you like it. After posting the comment it still didn’t work right so I edited the post to add the writing as a text entry. I hope you find it as encouraging as I always have. I hope to make it into a much better presentation one of these days. 🙂

Mountains are rugged and difficult to climb,
But the strength you gain in the effort
will carry you to places others will never see.

Deborah Martin, 2002

@work2gather This is a common problem on the forum. I tried to see if I could resize it for you, but it saved with the edges cropped off. (Someone better at this or not on a mobile device might be able to see it all.) If you want to delete it you can go back into edit on the post, select the image and the word delete appears at the bottom left. I or another sheriff can delete it for you if you want. 🙂

I joined Fiverr a while ago, had one gig so far, with a happy client who gave me a five star rating.

What I do not understand from this site is, how do you find yourself, even if stroll through the apparent category I am in I cannot find myself, when I place a “looking for work” gig, I get a notice after clicking send that I did not select a sub category, which I cannot rectify .
How do I find out if my gig is posted?

Guess I am clumsy, but it does make this site user friendly for me, I mean I offer a service, but cannot find myself except for my profile settings. Wonder how potential client ever find me.

Can anyone enlighten me a bit.

Appreciate your help

Marinus

@tgrandlife Hi Marinus. I think you might need to do some research on how Fiverr works. When I click on your name in the forum it takes me to your profile. I see your one review, but the gig it belongs to is gone. I don’t see any active gigs for you. You won’t be able to find anything but your profile until you actually have a gig up. Something must have gone wrong with the gig you had. This might help:

favicon.icoFiverr.com fiverr-logo-new-green-9e65bddddfd33dfcf7e06fc1e51a5bc5.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

Then you could read even more by using the links in these places:
How to Make a Gig and Get Sales
Detailed Tips to Optimize Your Gigs and Start Selling
New to Fiverr - Read This Before you Ask How to Get Buyers
Fiverr FAQ Guidelines - Read Before Posting
Fiverr Forum Do’s and Dont’s

Guest nawaltariq

I joined fiverr because I wanted to buy some gadgets (like dgi phantom etc.). I didn’t want to ask money from my father and so I thought of doing something on my own.
I didn’t have that luck yet but I hope i’ll make enough money on fiverr.

I really can’t remember how I got to fiverr. But I know what other people told me: Why don’t you make money with this?

I always wanted to do commission work, even low paid or free just to keep me busy. And as an artist you tend to get lazy and not drawing at all when there is nothing that forces you to draw. By using fiverr other people assign me tasks, which I need to do in a specific time or else bad things will happen (galactic storms, black holes hitting earth, global warming).

My friend told me regarding Fiverr one year ago. But at starting I’m not satisfied with all things to do $ 5 bucks. After one or two months I refer forum and blog to knew more and I found lot of things from there. Actually I lovers Fiverr. It’s amazing place to start own small business and earn.

The reason of joining fiverr is that on new year 2015 day i got termination letter, and terminated from job 😦

i was doing that job to afford my study + Helping my father in some home expenses

so before one or two month i was very upset about my study expenses that how i will afford study because i needed second time job so i can do study as well as job but failed.

one day my teacher told me that why you don’t work on fiverr, i said ok i will try and i came on fiverr registered my account makes gigs and after 4-5 days i got two orders on same day and i worked more than they asked and i make them happy, and now thank GOD i am getting orders,

and now i am saving money so i can go germany for my Masters Degree + Helping My <3 Mothers <3 Family means her brothers her cousin they are poor so i wanna help them before doing anything, i will buy home now we are living in rent house.

so that is my story for joining fiverr 🙂

I hope i will achieve my goals need prayers of you all, and also wish you best of luck with your task,

Archived