Petition mega thread for "PAUSE" or "REJECT" button for Sellers for Order Requirements

Aren’t we already paying them for this exactly? I would have understood if the rates were like 5% but it’s 20% and that too excluding transaction charges and processing charges.

I dunno, 20% seems kinda low. I know sites that charge like 50% to 70%.

5r could have raised seller’s fees but instead chose to charge buyers 5% or $1 to buyers. I see that as 5r caring about sellers. 😀

Maybe thats why people choosing fiverr. They choosing the lesser evil.

Also it’s good to know that there are people who are willing to work for low rates and yet willing to giveup 50 to 70% of their earning for simply a platform. Makes me optimistic for when I will have enough saved up money to give a shot at a business startup.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe thats why people choosing fiverr. They choosing the lesser evil.

Also it’s good to know that there are people who are willing to work for low rates and yet willing to giveup 50 to 70% of their earning for simply a platform. Makes me optimistic for when I will have enough saved up money to give a shot at a business startup.

There’s an editing company based out if Canada what starts with the letter “S” that splits 50/50 for all editing/proofreading. I used them heavily for over a year, still do sometimes.

I found out that they give incentives to their freelancers, such as higher % or quicker withdrawal of they get repeat clients that ask for them or gives them a good review. I originally didn’t know this as their review is not as prominent and the sellers identity is hidden. I only know them by their number: editor 0995, etc.

Running your own company is hard. There are tax laws, corporate compliance, website maintenance, employee pay + insurance (for customer support), finding/hiring freelancers, advertising, finding customers, so much more. 😰

There’s an editing company based out if Canada what starts with the letter “S” that splits 50/50 for all editing/proofreading. I used them heavily for over a year, still do sometimes.

I found out that they give incentives to their freelancers, such as higher % or quicker withdrawal of they get repeat clients that ask for them or gives them a good review. I originally didn’t know this as their review is not as prominent and the sellers identity is hidden. I only know them by their number: editor 0995, etc.

Running your own company is hard. There are tax laws, corporate compliance, website maintenance, employee pay + insurance (for customer support), finding/hiring freelancers, advertising, finding customers, so much more. 😰

Nothing in life worth a damn comes easy.

The only workable alternative to having buyers able to order directly is to have a bidding system for available jobs.

This is the system that is in place in most platforms and I absolutely hate it.

The main advantage Fiverr has over those platforms for both buyers and sellers is that buyers can simply choose what they want and order it. The advantage of this for sellers is that we can wake up to 3, 4, 5+ orders in the morning without having done anything to get them. Even if we wake up to 0 orders, we have not done applications or bidding to get jobs in the same way. Of course, BR allows a certain amount of this but we all know the issues that BR has - I don’t want every order to be done through BR!

I have spoken before about how frustrating having an order rejected 24 hours after ordering would be. I think if that happened to me more than once I would stop trying and go elsewhere. While it sounds like a good idea for sellers, in reality it would be disastrous. It would likely lead to less buyers and also a system where buyers would message multiple sellers with the result that we would then be experiencing something similar to Upworks awful interviewing process - its ok for long term and big jobs, but for $5-50 it would be nothing but a PITA.

I think the system of cancellation still needs a lot of work, to deal with mistakes etc better, but to change the whole premise that Fiverr has been built upon would be disastrous.

I think the system of cancellation still needs a lot of work, to deal with mistakes etc better, but to change the whole premise that Fiverr has been built upon would be disastrous.

I agree to some degree, I’m not saying the whole premise need to change. I think the ‘resolution section’ is a great improvement what old times. However, I am suggesting the addition of a “pause” or “reject” feature for the Order Requirements itself. For example: I had a 48-hour order come in from a Buyer and they attached fake files.

All they attached was files titled “nothing1” and the inside read “nothing here till we hear from you” VERY long story short, they were super unresponsive after I messaged them (and CS messaged them) multiple times, didn’t provide what was asked for and in the ended wanted something that I don’t advertise and the order had to be cancelled.

This effected me. It not only cost me time (as I kept having to reach out and CS even contact them too to follow up extending the order but never getting an actual follow up despite clear messages) but it took time away from me that I could have spent focusing on other Buyers on them instead but effected my ‘delivery time stat’ because of their actions. Despite it saying they had been on Fiverr since 2012, they didn’t do the right thing (the common sense thing) by contacting me before ordering and yet I am the one whose left to suffer the cause and effect of their actions.

At least if I had a way to “pause” or “reject” the provided information in the Order Requirements I’d be able to control not only my time better, but the order better. Just like any feature in the Orders, this feature should push an email to them letting them know the timer was manually stopped with good reason and that action is needed on the Buyers end to provide what is needed and/or provide missing information.

This isn’t an issue with cancelling orders, my idea is that the feature would prevent the solution of cancelling because the duration time is ticking down and the Buyer either a) didn’t provide the required information but responded to the Order Requirements anyways or b) more (or all) information is needed but the Buyer is unresponsive.

I think this would benefit Buyers as well. Imagine if the Buyer had something come up and wasn’t able to get online to address their order. Would they prefer to come back to find the order was simply on hold or to find the order cancelled?

In the real world, if you’re working on a project for a client you don’t just throw their entire project in the furnace because you waiting for information and/or you haven’t heard from them, you simply put their project on hold and wait for them to get back.

The focus is on the ability to stop the duration time as a Seller when absolutely necessary. Simply that.

There are tax laws, corporate compliance, website maintenance, employee pay + insurance (for customer support), finding/hiring freelancers, advertising, finding customers, so much more.

… I’m feeling dizzy…

I agree to some degree, I’m not saying the whole premise need to change. I think the ‘resolution section’ is a great improvement what old times. However, I am suggesting the addition of a “pause” or “reject” feature for the Order Requirements itself. For example: I had a 48-hour order come in from a Buyer and they attached fake files.

All they attached was files titled “nothing1” and the inside read “nothing here till we hear from you” VERY long story short, they were super unresponsive after I messaged them (and CS messaged them) multiple times, didn’t provide what was asked for and in the ended wanted something that I don’t advertise and the order had to be cancelled.

This effected me. It not only cost me time (as I kept having to reach out and CS even contact them too to follow up extending the order but never getting an actual follow up despite clear messages) but it took time away from me that I could have spent focusing on other Buyers on them instead but effected my ‘delivery time stat’ because of their actions. Despite it saying they had been on Fiverr since 2012, they didn’t do the right thing (the common sense thing) by contacting me before ordering and yet I am the one whose left to suffer the cause and effect of their actions.

At least if I had a way to “pause” or “reject” the provided information in the Order Requirements I’d be able to control not only my time better, but the order better. Just like any feature in the Orders, this feature should push an email to them letting them know the timer was manually stopped with good reason and that action is needed on the Buyers end to provide what is needed and/or provide missing information.

This isn’t an issue with cancelling orders, my idea is that the feature would prevent the solution of cancelling because the duration time is ticking down and the Buyer either a) didn’t provide the required information but responded to the Order Requirements anyways or b) more (or all) information is needed but the Buyer is unresponsive.

I think this would benefit Buyers as well. Imagine if the Buyer had something come up and wasn’t able to get online to address their order. Would they prefer to come back to find the order was simply on hold or to find the order cancelled?

In the real world, if you’re working on a project for a client you don’t just throw their entire project in the furnace because you waiting for information and/or you haven’t heard from them, you simply put their project on hold and wait for them to get back.

The focus is on the ability to stop the duration time as a Seller when absolutely necessary. Simply that.

but it took time away from me that I could have spent focusing on other Buyers on them instead but effected my ‘delivery time stat’ because of their actions.

Amen to that!!!

How much I understand you…

I wasn’t aware it was like that before, let’s hope fiverr chooses a middle ground.

I think they should just show the reasons of cancellation where they show reviews on sellers profiles and show the completion rate stat to buyers when they are ordering and should not base their search ranking on that, this way buyers can see why a specific order was cancelled and can make an informed decision.

Who is going to pay for that huge additional use of staff time?

Aren’t we already paying them for this exactly? I would have understood if the rates were like 5% but it’s 20% and that too excluding transaction charges and processing charges.

I see another thread on this subject.

That is the thread which I had started after which @thepromogirl decided to start this petition.

In retrospect being able to prevent orders from being cancelled (because we could pause the order) in the first place would a financial gain on Fiverr’s part. Also this would take some of the burden off of CS to help managed and reach out to unresponsive Buyers.

I personally have to contact them a few times a week because of Buyers either provide fake/no information and/or are unresponsive and multiple messages to gain said information. This would give them more time to do other things as we’d have more control over our Gig timers when it came to the Order Requirements.

In retrospect being able to prevent orders from being cancelled (because we could pause the order) in the first place would a financial gain on Fiverr’s part. Also this would take some of the burden off of CS to help managed and reach out to unresponsive Buyers.

I personally have to contact them a few times a week because of Buyers either provide fake/no information and/or are unresponsive and multiple messages to gain said information. This would give them more time to do other things as we’d have more control over our Gig timers when it came to the Order Requirements.

Just to clear it up, you quoted me quoting some one else.

This isn’t an issue with cancelling orders, my idea is that the feature would prevent the solution of cancelling

You have my second Amen to that… and I’m not religious at all 😇

“Pause” would be too open to abuse. Pausing the order to extend the delivery time (think of all the sellers who send empty deliveries for that purpose), pausing the order to manipulate the rankings (so it would appear as if they have delivered incredibly fast), pausing the order to work on a new, more expensive order… And then the buyer who’s been busy returns a day or two later to find out that his order was put on hold for no good reason.

if cancellations would simply make it such that sellers are not punished when they are not at fault

It used to be like that. Then sellers abused the system, costing Fiverr and honest/respectable sellers money and reputation. The quick solution to this was to change it to the complete opposite. I believe Fiverr will change it to a middle ground at some point but the only way to do this is to have staff manually checking each cancellation. Who is going to pay for that huge additional use of staff time?

If this is misused the buyers will automatically review the sellers accordingly

Yes, they will. Then they will move on to another site…

I bet the whole discussion will always get stuck as we’re talking from our points of view, and pointing out our extreme examples to back our statements up:

The system is being always abused.

Before, now and in the future, for people (buyers and sellers) who want to have an advantage over others by doing so.

We will always have those, and a way in the middle should be the best solution.

I quote:

Then sellers abused the system, costing Fiverr and honest/respectable sellers money and reputation. The quick solution to this was to change it to the complete opposite. I believe Fiverr will change it to a middle ground at some point

Allow me one thing also:

We would like throwing some suggestions here. I don’t understand why some people insist in stating that we’re moaning, criticizing, complaining, etc. etc…

We are throwing ideas about something we understand could bring a positive feature, because of few bad experiences we had on this platform.

If we all would be in the forums to throw flowers and talk about how wonderful everything is, then I’m afraid I’m in the wrong place.

“Pause” would be too open to abuse. Pausing the order to extend the delivery time (think of all the sellers who send empty deliveries for that purpose), pausing the order to manipulate the rankings (so it would appear as if they have delivered incredibly fast), pausing the order to work on a new, more expensive order… And then the buyer who’s been busy returns a day or two later to find out that his order was put on hold for no good reason.

I bet if you pause the order for not a valid reason the buyer will review you accordingly.

I bet the whole discussion will always get stuck as we’re talking from our points of view, and pointing out our extreme examples to back our statements up:

The system is being always abused.

Before, now and in the future, for people (buyers and sellers) who want to have an advantage over others by doing so.

We will always have those, and a way in the middle should be the best solution.

Very well put.

“Pause” would be too open to abuse.

Trust me, I hear you but you’re being a little extreme and aren’t giving Sellers much credit to control with own orders when needed as self-employed freelancers.

The same could be said about Buyers when it comes to extremes:

Fiverr’s own policy doesn’t permit Buyers Requesting Revisions (just like Order Cancellations) for delivered orders to be based on personal taste. But when Buyers abuse and repeatedly misuse this revision feature and then when CS is asked to get involved they’re only response is “we can’t force a Buyer to accept an order, please work things out with the Buyer… blah blah blah.”

However, the revision feature, the Buyers ability to basically control the order as they deem fit despite is often the reality for so many Sellers, old and new. All I am saying, is we should be able to have a feature available to stop the duration when it comes to Order Requirements and the Buyer not providing them. Maybe this feature gets disabled after a few messages or when a box pops up that asks the Seller “did you get everything you need?” and the Seller checks it off and the time starts back up and the feature is completely disabled. This is just an idea, which is why it’s important to discuss solutions, not grossly over-the-top hypotheticals.

If a Seller is clearly abusing the system they can and should be easily reported just as Buyers can and are. If a Seller simply stopped the ordered to work on other Gigs (not cool) when the Buyer supplied all the information needed, then at that point CS should get involved and be notified of the abuse of the system by the Seller. Fiverr’s CS team can review the order and see when/if the Buyer provided what is needed, so it’s not difficult at all to see. Fiverr prides themselves on “good faith” when it comes to Buyers when it comes to allowing them to have access to the ‘revision feature’ on their end and Sellers need the same respect.

A feature should be implemented for Sellers to utilized when absolutely necessary to allow more reasonable control over the Order Requirements and the duration timer that starts when the Buyer responds to it (ie. with fake or no information).

This is a legitime request for sellers.

I remember back, Fiverr has this option during their very first year (7 years ago), so I hope they can consider bringing it back 🙂

Hm, that’s weird… I’ve been on Fiverr for over 7 years too, and I don’t remember a pause or reject feature being there back then… maybe I was blinded by sales… but I don’t know… nope, still can’t remember such a feature being there :thinking: is my memory playing tricks on me?

Hm, that’s weird… I’ve been on Fiverr for over 7 years too, and I don’t remember a pause or reject feature being there back then… maybe I was blinded by sales… but I don’t know… nope, still can’t remember such a feature being there :thinking: is my memory playing tricks on me?

I’m quite sure in the past we had a kind of button to accept orders or decline them 🙂

I’m quite sure in the past we had a kind of button to accept orders or decline them 🙂

Nope, never seen such a button in all my Fiverr career… Fiverr was very simplistic & minimal 7 years ago, didn’t have a lot of functionality like it has now… or maybe you were part of some secret beta group that tested such a potential button 😛

Nope, never seen such a button in all my Fiverr career… Fiverr was very simplistic & minimal 7 years ago, didn’t have a lot of functionality like it has now… or maybe you were part of some secret beta group that tested such a potential button 😛

Anyway, this is not our main topic, I may be wrong, but this is what I’m always remembering about this situation, or maybe you just don’t remember things after 7 years.

We both don’t have evidence to support our words so I’m sorry If I’m wrong again.

And thank you

So @woofy31 I was digging and searching about this in the forum archive and I found this topic (I want the "Accept order" feature back! Come on Fiverr, show your sellers some RESPECT!)

It says: “”“I want the “Accept order” feature back!”""

Back means that it was here before 🙂

Still not a strong evidence but I will dig more and more…

So @woofy31 I was digging and searching about this in the forum archive and I found this topic (I want the "Accept order" feature back! Come on Fiverr, show your sellers some RESPECT!)

It says: “”“I want the “Accept order” feature back!”""

Back means that it was here before 🙂

Still not a strong evidence but I will dig more and more…

Did you read the whole context? 😛 That user (who has signed up in 2013) said they “did some research”:

“So I did some research and it turns out fiverr used to have a “accept order” button for sellers”

What research they did, nobody knows - they’ve given no links, nothing to back their “research”. But I do know that I’ve never seen such a button in my whole Fiverr history - and I remember my first orders with Fiverr back in March 2010, I was so happy, but I didn’t have to push any “accept” button, and I also didn’t see any reject button…

So that user says they did some research (which they never prove or mention), and then everyone goes like “we need that button back”, even if there was or wasn’t such a button 😃 it’s crazy how people can get influenced by words 😛

To be fair, this wouldn’t be bad idea. However, this should be a thing were Fiverr Sellers have to go into their account settings to enable it for their orders (or maybe you can turn the feature on for a specific few if you need.

It would almost like the “limited orders” feature, but a little more strict for Sellers who want a little more control with how they process orders. It’s not something I think I would use or need to use, but I could definitely see the benefits for Sellers. It should just be noted on the Gig(s) that it’s more of an accept/reject project type of format, so Buyers know what they’re getting into and/or if they want to proceed with inquiring about an order or potential project.

It would essentially streamline in the messaging/custom order aspect so if “accepted” a Buyer and Seller can have an order instantly that was previously discussed (ie. no surprises) for Buyer who may have more of a unique rest, wanted to work with a more exclusive or high demand Seller, or isn’t sure how order for their particular project.

Did you read the whole context? 😛 That user (who has signed up in 2013) said they “did some research”:

“So I did some research and it turns out fiverr used to have a “accept order” button for sellers”

What research they did, nobody knows - they’ve given no links, nothing to back their “research”. But I do know that I’ve never seen such a button in my whole Fiverr history - and I remember my first orders with Fiverr back in March 2010, I was so happy, but I didn’t have to push any “accept” button, and I also didn’t see any reject button…

So that user says they did some research (which they never prove or mention), and then everyone goes like “we need that button back”, even if there was or wasn’t such a button 😃 it’s crazy how people can get influenced by words 😛

I was not influenced by him, here is two people who one say he did hear it and the other remember using it (and maybe for some categories that you don’t sell under).

And you say another thing even without evidence.

As I stated before, both of our words have no supporting evidence since there is no official response from fiverr team or something already written.

So it’s like my words vs yours. Again I may be wrong but this is what I remember but we can’t take your words for granted eaither.

Thank you

I was not influenced by him, here is two people who one say he did hear it and the other remember using it (and maybe for some categories that you don’t sell under).

And you say another thing even without evidence.

As I stated before, both of our words have no supporting evidence since there is no official response from fiverr team or something already written.

So it’s like my words vs yours. Again I may be wrong but this is what I remember but we can’t take your words for granted eaither.

Thank you

True. And you may be right: maybe it was only for some specific categories, and maybe my category didn’t have such a button, hence why I wouldn’t remember such a feature 😉

True. And you may be right: maybe it was only for some specific categories, and maybe my category didn’t have such a button, hence why I wouldn’t remember such a feature 😉

Yes, great @woofy31

Thank you very much 😉 was really happy to discuss this with you because I had to go throw a lot memories :smiley:

Thank you again and have a great night everybody!

Archived