Petition mega thread for "PAUSE" or "REJECT" button for Sellers for Order Requirements

We already have that in the resolution center. It’s a button you click with choices about why you are cancelling.

But we are getting penalized for those and also they are something you have to do after you have started the order, whereas the rejection option will be something you can do before it even begins.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Discussions don’t hurt anyone and are helpful. If you don’t want to be a part of it, no one is forcing you. You are more than welcome to remove your self from this thread.

If you don’t want to be a part of it, no one is forcing you. You are more than welcome to remove your self from this thread.

Thank you but obviously I do want to be part of it or I wouldn’t be here would I?

If you don’t want to be a part of it, no one is forcing you. You are more than welcome to remove your self from this thread.

Thank you but obviously I do want to be part of it or I wouldn’t be here would I?

You sure don’t seem to be very pleased to be here your comments in this thread… 😒

But we are getting penalized for those and also they are something you have to do after you have started the order, whereas the rejection option will be something you can do before it even begins.

The rejection option will be something you can do before it even begins.

You have the option to reject an order now before it starts.

You are not automatically penalized for every cancellation. Do you understand that?

That’s the point:

The whole idea of an “accept order” button is not to deal with cancellations.

I believe most sellers who ask for that button are the ones with many bad experiences, and I understand people who maybe see this option as useless.

It happened in the last two months two things I would like to share:

Once someone ordered my Gig for $50 + $10 for 24 hours delivery.

That was a poster with a clear exaltation of religious extremism.

In my Gig is written since years that I don’t work with any kind of religious topics. He didn’t accept it. He wanted to have the poster done within 24h. He didn’t want to cancel and CS gave me those answers I’ve written before.

Second one was a fellow who wanted a poster of uncle Adolf H. Also for $50

Same thing there.

Why should I get punished when the buyer doesn’t read or don’t want to read what I offer.

Uncle Fiverr should not be afraid that this kind of buyers will not find someone else to do that job, and even for $5, but I don’t do that, no matter how much they pay.

In my category (and it’s my own opinion) that button should be an option.

I understand uncle Fiverr when he’s afraid of possible abuse of that button: people can refuse working if the price is just $5… but… why forcing you to work anyway? I call it “forcing” because sellers are always in the position to decide for the less painful option: bad review/cancellation rate

That happens in Graphics & Design.

Other categories may not see any relevance in that button.

But I do, and also others who had to deal often with that problems.

I agree, if you knew the number of times I’ve been told to “wear a bikini or lingerie” for a video when it clearly states those type of outfits are ones I won’t wear right in my Gig details, you’d be shocked (or maybe not since this is the internet). In these instances, you should be able to cancel the order without any effect on your account.

I agree, if you knew the number of times I’ve been told to “wear a bikini or lingerie” for a video when it clearly states those type of outfits are ones I won’t wear right in my Gig details, you’d be shocked (or maybe not since this is the internet). In these instances, you should be able to cancel the order without any effect on your account.

In these instances, you should be able to cancel the order without any effect on your account.

It does not affect your account if you reject an order for that reason.

Just check the line that says you are cancelling because your gig does not offer that.

It depends on the reason for the cancellation whether it affects your ranking or not.

But how would I know if I was punished for it or not, except from the orders completed stat?

The reason was simple, the buyer ordered way too much work to be done in a day because fiverr doesn’t increases the delivery time when people order a gig multiple times and then the buyer was non-responsive, so I had no other choice.

But how would I know if I was punished for it or not, except from the orders completed stat?

The reason was simple, the buyer ordered way too much work to be done in a day because fiverr doesn’t increases the delivery time when people order a gig multiple times and then the buyer was non-responsive, so I had no other choice.

But how would I know if I was punished for it or not,

Because I read. I read about cancellations. You can do it to if you try!

It’s funny how that works. You can learn a lot if you read.

In these instances, you should be able to cancel the order without any effect on your account.

Just check the line that says you are cancelling because your gig does not offer that.

I’m sorry, but you’re mistaken cancellations regardless of reason do effect you when it comes to Levels and Status. I know because I’ve spoken to Fiverr team (not CS) personally about it.

I’m sorry, but you’re mistaken cancellations regardless of reason do effect you when it comes to Levels and Status. I know because I’ve spoken to Fiverr team (not CS) personally about it.

I’m sorry, but you’re mistaken cancellations regardless of reason do effect you

Have you read about cancellations? Maybe whoever you spoke to is not aware of the written policy on them.

Is it too much trouble to bother to read about them?

I know because I’ve spoken to Fiverr team (not CS) personally about it.

You have spoken to fiverr team and not customer service? How did you happen to speak to them?

The rejection option will be something you can do before it even begins.

You are not automatically penalized for every cancellation. Do you understand that?

Yes, you are automatically penalized for every cancellation.

Here is a paragraph from the cancellation policy page:

Evaluation

All cancellations are taken into account when evaluating a seller. Fiverr is aware that some cancellations are inevitable, therefore, those types of cancellations will have a lower impact on your performance scores, which affect your ranking.

Yes, you are automatically penalized for every cancellation.

Here is a paragraph from the cancellation policy page:

Evaluation

All cancellations are taken into account when evaluating a seller. Fiverr is aware that some cancellations are inevitable, therefore, those types of cancellations will have a lower impact on your performance scores, which affect your ranking.

Evaluation

All cancellations are taken into account when evaluating a seller. **

Fiverr is aware that some cancellations are inevitable, therefore, those types of cancellations will have a lower impact on your performance scores, which affect your ranking.

Thank you for posting this.

Did you read what you just posted? You just found what I have been talking about and posted it but it sounds like you still have not read it.

Evaluation

All cancellations are taken into account when evaluating a seller. **

Fiverr is aware that some cancellations are inevitable, therefore, those types of cancellations will have a lower impact on your performance scores, which affect your ranking.

Thank you for posting this.

Did you read what you just posted? You just found what I have been talking about and posted it but it sounds like you still have not read it.

Did you read it? It says those types of cancellations will have a ‘lower impact’ and not ‘no impact’.

The only workable alternative to having buyers able to order directly is to have a bidding system for available jobs.

This is the system that is in place in most platforms and I absolutely hate it.
The main advantage Fiverr has over those platforms for both buyers and sellers is that buyers can simply choose what they want and order it. The advantage of this for sellers is that we can wake up to 3, 4, 5+ orders in the morning without having done anything to get them. Even if we wake up to 0 orders, we have not done applications or bidding to get jobs in the same way. Of course, BR allows a certain amount of this but we all know the issues that BR has - I don’t want every order to be done through BR!

I have spoken before about how frustrating having an order rejected 24 hours after ordering would be. I think if that happened to me more than once I would stop trying and go elsewhere. While it sounds like a good idea for sellers, in reality it would be disastrous. It would likely lead to less buyers and also a system where buyers would message multiple sellers with the result that we would then be experiencing something similar to Upworks awful interviewing process - its ok for long term and big jobs, but for $5-50 it would be nothing but a PITA.

I think the system of cancellation still needs a lot of work, to deal with mistakes etc better, but to change the whole premise that Fiverr has been built upon would be disastrous.

The only workable alternative to having buyers able to order directly is to have a bidding system for available jobs.

The main advantage Fiverr has over those platforms for both buyers and sellers is that buyers can simply choose what they want and order it. The advantage of this for sellers is that we can wake up to 3, 4, 5+ orders in the morning without having done anything to get them. Even if we wake up to 0 orders, we have not done applications or bidding to get jobs in the same way. Of course, BR allows a certain amount of this but we all know the issues that BR has - I don’t want every order to be done through BR!

I have spoken before about how frustrating having an order rejected 24 hours after ordering would be. I think if that happened to me more than once I would stop trying and go elsewhere. While it sounds like a good idea for sellers, in reality it would be disastrous. It would likely lead to less buyers and also a system where buyers would message multiple sellers with the result that we would then be experiencing something similar to Upworks awful interviewing process - its ok for long term and big jobs, but for $5-50 it would be nothing but a PITA.

I think the system of cancellation still needs a lot of work, to deal with mistakes etc better, but to change the whole premise that Fiverr has been built upon would be disastrous.

buyers can simply choose what they want and order it. The advantage of this for sellers is that we can wake up to 3, 4, 5+ orders in the morning without having done anything to get them.

Well said. This system works well. Letting sellers easily reject orders would lead to buyer frustration and a drastic decrease in buyers using fiverr. Many or most sales are now impulse buys.

Click and order sales. Nothing should stop or slow down that process.

Completely understand, I do agree that the bidding system is a lot of work, and if cancellations would simply make it such that sellers are not punished when they are not at fault, would be the middle ground.

But I also don’t see how implementing a reject option will change this, the timer should start right away and if the seller accepts it it should continue, but in case he can’t he should have the option to ask the buyer for more details and can pause the timer until they have been provided. If this is misused the buyers will automatically review the sellers accordingly and if an order is rejected the seller will be evaluated but not punished in any way if the reason is found to be rational.

Completely understand, I do agree that the bidding system is a lot of work, and if cancellations would simply make it such that sellers are not punished when they are not at fault, would be the middle ground.

But I also don’t see how implementing a reject option will change this, the timer should start right away and if the seller accepts it it should continue, but in case he can’t he should have the option to ask the buyer for more details and can pause the timer until they have been provided. If this is misused the buyers will automatically review the sellers accordingly and if an order is rejected the seller will be evaluated but not punished in any way if the reason is found to be rational.

if cancellations would simply make it such that sellers are not punished when they are not at fault

It used to be like that. Then sellers abused the system, costing Fiverr and honest/respectable sellers money and reputation. The quick solution to this was to change it to the complete opposite. I believe Fiverr will change it to a middle ground at some point but the only way to do this is to have staff manually checking each cancellation. Who is going to pay for that huge additional use of staff time?

If this is misused the buyers will automatically review the sellers accordingly

Yes, they will. Then they will move on to another site…

I see another thread on this subject.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

No option to decline an offer makes freelancing feel like a job [REDIRECTED]

I became a freelancer so I will have more control on my work hours, the projects I choose and no one to tell me what to do or not do or how to do it, but the lack of having the ability to decline an offer is something that is not just bothersome but...

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 17 ❤

Mod Note: Thanks. That OP encourage readers to move to this thread, so that one has been closed with a link back here.

if cancellations would simply make it such that sellers are not punished when they are not at fault

It used to be like that. Then sellers abused the system, costing Fiverr and honest/respectable sellers money and reputation. The quick solution to this was to change it to the complete opposite. I believe Fiverr will change it to a middle ground at some point but the only way to do this is to have staff manually checking each cancellation. Who is going to pay for that huge additional use of staff time?

If this is misused the buyers will automatically review the sellers accordingly

Yes, they will. Then they will move on to another site…

I wasn’t aware it was like that before, let’s hope fiverr chooses a middle ground.

I think they should just show the reasons of cancellation where they show reviews on sellers profiles and show the completion rate stat to buyers when they are ordering and should not base their search ranking on that, this way buyers can see why a specific order was cancelled and can make an informed decision.

Who is going to pay for that huge additional use of staff time?

Aren’t we already paying them for this exactly? I would have understood if the rates were like 5% but it’s 20% and that too excluding transaction charges and processing charges.

That is the thread which I had started after which @thepromogirl decided to start this petition.

I wasn’t aware it was like that before, let’s hope fiverr chooses a middle ground.

I think they should just show the reasons of cancellation where they show reviews on sellers profiles and show the completion rate stat to buyers when they are ordering and should not base their search ranking on that, this way buyers can see why a specific order was cancelled and can make an informed decision.

Who is going to pay for that huge additional use of staff time?

Aren’t we already paying them for this exactly? I would have understood if the rates were like 5% but it’s 20% and that too excluding transaction charges and processing charges.

That is the thread which I had started after which @thepromogirl decided to start this petition.

I dunno, 20% seems kinda low. I know sites that charge like 50% to 70%.

5r could have raised seller’s fees but instead chose to charge buyers 5% or $1 to buyers. I see that as 5r caring about sellers. 😀

I dunno, 20% seems kinda low. I know sites that charge like 50% to 70%.

5r could have raised seller’s fees but instead chose to charge buyers 5% or $1 to buyers. I see that as 5r caring about sellers. 😀

5r could have raised seller’s fees but instead chose to charge buyers 5% or $1 to buyers. I see that as 5r caring about sellers

I agree. Too many complaints, not enough acknowledgement of the benefits from fiverr.

Archived