Fiverr needs to do something for new user

as i am new to fiverr, i dont get any orders even my price is lower than others , provide fast response and fast delivery… but not get proper response… but my competitor get good orders because their gigs are first and featured gigs… but mine is last… 😦

• Any Solution to be in lever1-2 or Star

Look Selena Gomez, I know you are used to lots of money rolling in for doing very little work but the reality is a bit different on Fiverr. You need to sell something that people want and not use images of famous celebrities as it looks really really odd.

thanks… i appreciate your feedback… and i accept it…

It would also help if you didn’t copy a LEVEL 2 SELLER’S gig description word for word… as well as a LEVEL 1 Seller’s gig description.

Plus, your “we are a group of computer experts cum typist … we do all the types of english typing job… we also do projects, letter writing…”

You do realize that CUM in your context is something else entirely - you meant to write COME.

It would also help if you didn’t copy a LEVEL 2 SELLER’S gig description word for word… as well as a LEVEL 1 Seller’s gig description.

Plus, your “we are a group of computer experts cum typist … we do all the types of english typing job… we also do projects, letter writing…”

You do realize that CUM in your context is something else entirely - you meant to write COME.

Nah, it´s meant to be cum and Latin 😉 but I absolutely agree on the not copying other people’s texts.

Etymology 1[edit]

From Latin cum (“with”).

Preposition[edit]

cum

Used in indicating a thing with two roles, functions, or natures, or a thing that has changed from one to another. [quotations ▼]

He built a bus-cum-greenhouse that made a bold statement, but the plants in it didn’t live very long.‎

(Wiki)

ya… i will create new one by myself…

Nah, it´s meant to be cum and Latin 😉 but I absolutely agree on the not copying other people’s texts.

Etymology 1[edit]

From Latin cum (“with”).

Preposition[edit]

cum

Used in indicating a thing with two roles, functions, or natures, or a thing that has changed from one to another. [quotations ▼]

He built a bus-cum-greenhouse that made a bold statement, but the plants in it didn’t live very long.‎

(Wiki)

Interesting… learned something new today.

Just because you create gigs, it doesn’t mean you will get orders

1. make sure your profile photo is you and not some logo or Holyrood star
  2. check that your spelling and grammar are good on the gig descriptions
  3. share your gigs on your social media account
  4. market yourself, why are you better than the hundreds of other sellers providing the same gigs.

Just because you create gigs, it doesn’t mean you will get orders

1. make sure your profile photo is you and not some logo or Holyrood star
  2. check that your spelling and grammar are good on the gig descriptions
  3. share your gigs on your social media account
  4. market yourself, why are you better than the hundreds of other sellers providing the same gigs.

market yourself, why are you better than the hundreds of other sellers providing the same gigs.

You mean something like?

Gig description:

I bought a gig from all my competitors and came to the conclusion my service is the best!

Message from potential client:

Hi!

What is it that makes your gig the best?

Seller:

In my extensive tests i provided superior service compared to the other sellers!

Potential client:

Ok cool, can you give me a specific example?

Seller:

Yes, while waiting for the order to be completed i got myself a cup of coffee. NONE, not a single one of the other sellers did the same so im the best.

Potential client:

Wow sounds awesome, so i get a free cup of coffee if i order your gig?

Seller:

NO

I agree with pretty much everyone but I will say that your spelling wouldn’t matter to most people, if that were the ONLY issue. The fact that you also have a profile pic that is not you, makes you seem untrustworthy. Fiverr is actually a legitimate site. People come here for professional work. Profiles like yours work well on platforms like Youtube and Yahoo, but if I’m entering my credit card info for you, I need to be able to trust you. My profile pic is my professional logo but if you go to my page, you’ll see my face next to my name with links to my soundcloud and facebook. My point is that, I’m CLEARLY me.
Also, sometimes you have to start the ball rolling yourself- why not ask a good friend to buy your gig and leave you a review? By nature, people don’t really want to be the FIRST to buy your gig. But they will give you a second look if someone else already tried you and were satisfied with your work.
Finally, when you deliver your work, add a little extra and let the customer know you threw in something extra for free. They will give you an INCREDIBLE review and will come back again and again.
Good luck! (😄

I agree with pretty much everyone but I will say that your spelling wouldn’t matter to most people, if that were the ONLY issue. The fact that you also have a profile pic that is not you, makes you seem untrustworthy. Fiverr is actually a legitimate site. People come here for professional work. Profiles like yours work well on platforms like Youtube and Yahoo, but if I’m entering my credit card info for you, I need to be able to trust you. My profile pic is my professional logo but if you go to my page, you’ll see my face next to my name with links to my soundcloud and facebook. My point is that, I’m CLEARLY me.

Also, sometimes you have to start the ball rolling yourself- why not ask a good friend to buy your gig and leave you a review? By nature, people don’t really want to be the FIRST to buy your gig. But they will give you a second look if someone else already tried you and were satisfied with your work.

Finally, when you deliver your work, add a little extra and let the customer know you threw in something extra for free. They will give you an INCREDIBLE review and will come back again and again.

Good luck! (😄

check out the Fiverr Academy resources that are available! https://www.fiverr.com/academy/hacks/how-to-make-your-fiverr-profile-stand-out

😅 well lets just calm down we all are good at things and then bad at most things. We need to give this seller confidence else we look bad as humans.

thanks… i appreciate your feedback… and i accept it…

While you took my advice to change your image from a famous celebrity, I see that you chose to change it to an image of a beautiful girl which shows up approx 25 million times (I am not exaggerating here) on the internet.

Once again it makes you look unprofessional and as a buyer, I would not buy from you for this reason. Use an image of yourself, your own logo etc.

(It hasnt changed on the forum yet but when you log out and then back in again it will show here)

While you took my advice to change your image from a famous celebrity, I see that you chose to change it to an image of a beautiful girl which shows up approx 25 million times (I am not exaggerating here) on the internet.

Once again it makes you look unprofessional and as a buyer, I would not buy from you for this reason. Use an image of yourself, your own logo etc.

(It hasnt changed on the forum yet but when you log out and then back in again it will show here)

This girl profile syndrome is very common in fiverr i used to do that on my previous account then i stopped cuz all the weird orders i got from that account:sweat:

😅 well lets just calm down we all are good at things and then bad at most things. We need to give this seller confidence else we look bad as humans.

Do you think it would be better if @emeraldawnn had said “Well done, your profile looks great! You will be very successful here”.

It is common. It is advised by some of the Fiverr “Gurus” that have courses and blogs. They say things like “use pictures of beautiful women and you will get orders”. The thing is, the type of people who choose a seller based on their looks are not the type of people you want to work with. It is stupid advice and has no evidence to support it. You have a simple logo as your profile picture, I would be a lot more likely to buy from you than from the “stock image pretty female”

Do you think it would be better if @emeraldawnn had said “Well done, your profile looks great! You will be very successful here”.

It is common. It is advised by some of the Fiverr “Gurus” that have courses and blogs. They say things like “use pictures of beautiful women and you will get orders”. The thing is, the type of people who choose a seller based on their looks are not the type of people you want to work with. It is stupid advice and has no evidence to support it. You have a simple logo as your profile picture, I would be a lot more likely to buy from you than from the “stock image pretty female”

sex sells everywhere

😊 no not at all im talking about the poor seller being discouraged for the language problem clearly he/she is not a native english speaker.

It gets attention, it doesn’t necessarily get sales.

Also:

the type of people who choose a seller based on their looks are not the type of people you want to work with

as they will tend to be more flirty, asking to see photos of feet and other PITA stuff. I have never seen a TRS or even a level 2 with more than 200 sales with a stock image pretty girl profile picture. I would suggest that it may get a couple of sales but will lose a lot more because of the picture.

Omggg did shee actually do thattt

Archived