Fiverr needs to do something for new user

what do I get for $10?

Fiverr Graphic Design You like tell me Work complete give you Buyer give me i Sad Buyer not. you help me

Mod Note: Please stop begging for orders on a thread in the Experience category. It is inappropriate. If you want to advertise, you may make a post in My Fiverr Gigs.

I don’t mean as an insult but if you have @eoinfinnegan vs. Youtube’s IJustine or Jenna Marbles photo on your profile…which profile will get more views and maybe sells.

That is a misconception you dont need that kinda thing on fiverr just take a good selfie and photoshop it to the point where you look like them celebrities and that is perfectly legal

I am doing that on this account.

😎

That is a misconception you dont need that kinda thing on fiverr just take a good selfie and photoshop it to the point where you look like them celebrities and that is perfectly legal

I am doing that on this account.

😎

I am all for people having a selfie.

I have one, with a snapchat filter

I don’t mean as an insult but if you have @eoinfinnegan vs. Youtube’s IJustine or Jenna Marbles photo on your profile…which profile will get more views and maybe sells.

Depends what they are buying. As it is clearly not insert beautiful woman name who is selling their services on Fiverr, no serious buyer will actually order from them. Maybe a few lonely guys/teen boys etc but not serious clients.

As I mentioned, the proof is in the results. Show me a TRS or level 2 with over 200 sales with a stock image pretty woman picture.

Depends what they are buying. As it is clearly not insert beautiful woman name who is selling their services on Fiverr, no serious buyer will actually order from them. Maybe a few lonely guys/teen boys etc but not serious clients.

As I mentioned, the proof is in the results. Show me a TRS or level 2 with over 200 sales with a stock image pretty woman picture.

So true after everything buyer dont see you image until they have clicked your gig at some point so no matter what good image you use gig is what matters here.

#Personal Experience

😉

Just because it’s not a stock image doesn’t mean it’s the actual Seller. 😁

Who’s to say they didn’t change it at some point, though?

Actually I do trust your profile image more than a generic ‘pretty girl’ pic, but I don’t think that’s common. Look at trade shows. The vendors hire ‘models’ to, shall we say, attract attention. Or the Victoria’s Secret “fashion show.”

I also know of an art project that might disagree with you. 🙂

@miroslavglavic does have a point. Fiverr displays a Gig more when it has been viewed more. It’s a way to trick the search into displaying a Gig more prominently. Pretty picture = more “click and drool” = shows up more in search because ‘so many people click on the Gig.’

Just because it’s not a stock image doesn’t mean it’s the actual Seller. 😁

Who’s to say they didn’t change it at some point, though?

Actually I do trust your profile image more than a generic ‘pretty girl’ pic, but I don’t think that’s common. Look at trade shows. The vendors hire ‘models’ to, shall we say, attract attention. Or the Victoria’s Secret “fashion show.”

I also know of an art project that might disagree with you. 🙂

@miroslavglavic does have a point. Fiverr displays a Gig more when it has been viewed more. It’s a way to trick the search into displaying a Gig more prominently. Pretty picture = more “click and drool” = shows up more in search because ‘so many people click on the Gig.’

I do trust your profile image more than a generic ‘pretty girl’ pic,

Say what you really mean - nobody would use my picture except me 😃

I understand the concept of using models etc, I just disagree that it will lead to more sales on Fiverr. It may get some, particularly in the Fun and Lifestyle section, but in general I think it will put off much more.

Fiverr displays a Gig more when it has been viewed more

I completely disagree. First, there isn’t any evidence to show that views are a ranking factor, however there I would say there is at least circumstantial evidence to suggest that conversion rate, rather than number of views is a factor. The best search algorithms actually penalize those results which attract views but not conversions - think bounce rate in Google analytics. If I am right then the Pretty Girl Pic would have a negative effect.

I do trust your profile image more than a generic ‘pretty girl’ pic,

Say what you really mean - nobody would use my picture except me 😃

I understand the concept of using models etc, I just disagree that it will lead to more sales on Fiverr. It may get some, particularly in the Fun and Lifestyle section, but in general I think it will put off much more.

Fiverr displays a Gig more when it has been viewed more

I completely disagree. First, there isn’t any evidence to show that views are a ranking factor, however there I would say there is at least circumstantial evidence to suggest that conversion rate, rather than number of views is a factor. The best search algorithms actually penalize those results which attract views but not conversions - think bounce rate in Google analytics. If I am right then the Pretty Girl Pic would have a negative effect.

The best search algorithms actually penalize those results which attract views but not conversions - think bounce rate in Google analytics.

I think the bounce rate from Google analytics is used to keep raising your advertising bill. 🙂 Actually, if that’s true, why do I get the same ads over and over in Google when I never click on them or visit the website? Shouldn’t the big box store be being penalized when they display ‘we have x for sale’ (x being whatever I searched on)? I’m sure not clicking on those, and I can’t believe other people are either. The other issue is that the bigger the source material gets, the more you have to cut down the algorithm, because the search data keeps piling up. I haven’t really heard of any way to address that properly.

If the person is dishonest, they may match those views with a few (or more than a few) fake orders though.

According to posts elsewhere, Fiverr has some sort of threshold for when they look at the traffic in depth (don’t know if it’s true).

The best search algorithms actually penalize those results which attract views but not conversions - think bounce rate in Google analytics.

I think the bounce rate from Google analytics is used to keep raising your advertising bill. 🙂 Actually, if that’s true, why do I get the same ads over and over in Google when I never click on them or visit the website? Shouldn’t the big box store be being penalized when they display ‘we have x for sale’ (x being whatever I searched on)? I’m sure not clicking on those, and I can’t believe other people are either. The other issue is that the bigger the source material gets, the more you have to cut down the algorithm, because the search data keeps piling up. I haven’t really heard of any way to address that properly.

If the person is dishonest, they may match those views with a few (or more than a few) fake orders though.

According to posts elsewhere, Fiverr has some sort of threshold for when they look at the traffic in depth (don’t know if it’s true).

why do I get the same ads over and over in Google

Im speaking about natural search results, paid advertising algos work differently.

User behavior is one of the most valuable factors for SEO on Google - page views, time on site, engagement etc. Fiverr’s is unlikely to be as advanced but conversion rate is an extremely sensible factor to use.

Showing the ones which convert more results in more money for Fiverr.

why do I get the same ads over and over in Google

Im speaking about natural search results, paid advertising algos work differently.

User behavior is one of the most valuable factors for SEO on Google - page views, time on site, engagement etc. Fiverr’s is unlikely to be as advanced but conversion rate is an extremely sensible factor to use.

Showing the ones which convert more results in more money for Fiverr.

Actually I get the same natural results over and over too. It gets annoying.

conversion rate is an extremely sensible factor to use

True, but how is it measured? Can it be tricked? We don’t know, but I think that people are pretty good at outsmarting computers.

In my hometown they put a red light camera in. It worked great until people figured out they could outsmart the computer because it was guessing as to the speed in order to image the vehicle plates. Now they just go really fast and the camera misses the plates. 😒

Actually I get the same natural results over and over too. It gets annoying.

conversion rate is an extremely sensible factor to use

True, but how is it measured? Can it be tricked? We don’t know, but I think that people are pretty good at outsmarting computers.

In my hometown they put a red light camera in. It worked great until people figured out they could outsmart the computer because it was guessing as to the speed in order to image the vehicle plates. Now they just go really fast and the camera misses the plates. 😒

I am going a bit off topic here and will be making a bigger post on this regarding my opinions on Fiverr search results but the value of user behavior cannot be overstated and it will only increase over time. You should note that you are only one person whose behavior is being factored in Google results though.

One clear example of user behavior being measures is how Google shows sites you have visited before (and even tells you the date you visited it) at the top of results. I have also seen insane results happen through user experience changes to clients’ sites. One example was an established site who’s rankings nosedived (page 1 down to 8-10 and some keywords even disappeared) within a couple of weeks after some updates. This was when they contacted me. After analysing the stats I noticed that a lot of visitors left the site immediately (high bounce rate). By checking what changes had been made, I deduced that a change made which affected the mobile version made the homepage very difficult to use - it showed the site logo and a big Google ad and nothing else without scrolling down. 60% of visitors left that page immediately whereas before it was around 10%.

By changing it so the content could be seen immediately with a smaller logo and the ad moved down the page, the bounce rate plummeted and, you guessed it, the site’s search rankings went back to close to what they were within 3 weeks and are still improving. This was the only change I made to the site. This site is 6 years old and gets 100,000 visitors per month!

people are pretty good at outsmarting computers.

In some cases yes, but as I’ve said before on the forum, the “computer” that people are trying to outsmart in this case is Google, the guys who have changed the world of advertising, the internet, self driving cars etc.

😅 well lets just calm down we all are good at things and then bad at most things. We need to give this seller confidence else we look bad as humans.

I was actually informed by a newbie Fiverr seller who had copied my gig word for word (and I called her on it) that it was being promoted to copy other level 2 and TRS’ gigs to get a leg up on the site. I wish I were kidding. It’s actually being promoted to copy gigs word for word.

Any smart buyer is going to wonder if they’re doing business with a legit person and may do what I did, which is a Google search of her material. It’s obvious from the writing of one gig to the other two that the seller did not WRITE two of the gigs.

You want me to give the OP confidence? I did - it’s called don’t copy gigs and use your own merits.

You do realize that CUM in your context is something else entirely - you meant to write COME.

Laughed so hard 😂

Well, I see OP improved from the last time I visited the theme (no more Selena Gomez), lets hope he will improve English too 🙂

I was actually informed by a newbie Fiverr seller who had copied my gig word for word (and I called her on it) that it was being promoted to copy other level 2 and TRS’ gigs to get a leg up on the site. I wish I were kidding. It’s actually being promoted to copy gigs word for word.

Any smart buyer is going to wonder if they’re doing business with a legit person and may do what I did, which is a Google search of her material. It’s obvious from the writing of one gig to the other two that the seller did not WRITE two of the gigs.

You want me to give the OP confidence? I did - it’s called don’t copy gigs and use your own merits.

that is Sad man its sadder than snape’s death why is fiverr making these gigs higher ranking when they are copied.

Archived