If the buyer is male or female

zeehadul

Guest offlinehelpers

Excuse me,Why you are getting negative?I just asked as we asian do.And thats a system of respecting. So rude you are 😦

Look, we get the point you’re Asian, and that some things you do may be different to some of the rest of us.

This is a multicultural site with buyers and sellers all around the world - you need to modify your behaviour to blend in, not stick out like a sore thumb.

You’ve asked a question, and I hope you’ve had plenty of (good?) answers to choose from.

Good luck!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, we get the point you’re Asian, and that some things you do may be different to some of the rest of us.

This is a multicultural site with buyers and sellers all around the world - you need to modify your behaviour to blend in, not stick out like a sore thumb.

You’ve asked a question, and I hope you’ve had plenty of (good?) answers to choose from.

Good luck!

Yeah,thanks I’ve got my answer,

When you meet a new person you called by his or her name?I don't think so.So please don't make a lie here.You can say here you don't call Sir or maam.But actually in locally when you respect someone then what you do?You called him or her by names is it?I don't think so.

I can still read this post. Geeeez !

When I meet someone I ask them their name, where they are living and stuffs. And I call by names. The only ones I call sir/mam are persons above 60 or so.

Guest offlinehelpers

Hey Taver,

I don’t respect you boy!

YOu be quite now!

This is like the $50 gift card all over again, isn’t it. 😱

Bruh… you are makin’ Asians kinda ashamed. Don’t use Asians or Bangladeshi here and there over again. Show us your problems or stupidity whatever you say as you! This place is full of helpful people; they will help you out.
Moreover, there is one other thing, there is no shame for not knowing, but ignorance is a virus 😒

Bruh… you are makin’ Asians kinda ashamed. Don’t use Asians or Bangladeshi here and there over again. Show us your problems or stupidity whatever you say as you! This place is full of helpful people; they will help you out.

Moreover, there is one other thing, there is no shame for not knowing, but ignorance is a virus 😒

Actually, ignorance is fine. It’s willful ignorance that’s a virus. I’m ignorant about a lot of things, like the other 7 billion people on the planet.

I would recommend that OP change her style though, as everyone else is telling her that it’s wrong.

I think you are overreacting a bit. Different people have different views when it comes to OP’s question. OP asked a legit question and received a lot of helpful suggestions. There is no need to give him a hard time now since so many replies were given already. I suggest you read his apology above. He clearly said “I am sorry”.

Good luck!

Exactly right!

One other thing: Some females will take “Mam” as a negative here in the USA if they are younger (maybe other places too), as often is used with someone on the more mature side.

The problem is everybody has their own dividing line… Some females could care less, some will be offended unless they are a grandma already, then MOST of them don’t mind as much.

That’s another reason to avoid that type of title, even if it’s a sign of respect in your area.

The smartest move is finding out what works in the majority of the cases, and go with that. (Name or username is generally the safest…)

Unless I already know you, It really doesn’t matter than I show you respect based on what I like, or what is common in my area, it matters how that plays for you.

IMPORTANT: @offlinehelpers This is NOT directed at you. I realize you get it already. I just quoted you because your quote is excellent!

Guest phantompower

Hi “zeehadul” did you see what I did there? I did not call you opposite sex name. Keep everything simple… Many people try to show how intelligent they are by calling people, sir, madam, lady, bro… What if you don’t know the gender?

Sentence…
Hi (sir,madam,bro, whoever you are). Here is your delivery. Am glad to have had the chance to help you out…

Edit…
Hi, here is your delivery. Am glad to have had the chance to help you out…

Hi “zeehadul” did you see what I did there? I did not call you opposite sex name. Keep everything simple… Many people try to show how intelligent they are by calling people, sir, madam, lady, bro… What if you don’t know the gender?

Sentence…

Hi (sir,madam,bro, whoever you are). Here is your delivery. Am glad to have had the chance to help you out…

Edit…

simpl and nice suggestion.

Sentence…

Edit…

Hi, here is your delivery.

Much better…

dnt call her /him just say hello trere.

I personally don’t like the idea of the word “there” after Hello, so…

Generally, if you’ve built up some form of relationship with your buyer, you could ask what they’d prefer you call them. That way, there is a personal feel to your discussion without you over-stepping any boundaries.

Hi, here is your delivery.

Much better…

dnt call her /him just say hello trere.

I personally don’t like the idea of the word “there” after Hello, so…

Generally, if you’ve built up some form of relationship with your buyer, you could ask what they’d prefer you call them. That way, there is a personal feel to your discussion without you over-stepping any boundaries.

Oh Hello there… :cloud_rain:

Archived