☑️ VOTE NOW! Who wants two days a week off from answering messages?

misscrystal

poll  

160 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I vote for 2 days off per week from having to answer messages
    • I vote for 1 day off per week from having to answer messages
    • I like it the way it is now

I would love to see some form of automated canned replies which could be enabled/disabled by sellers.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if these would be send out automatically by the system?

For example incoming messages could be set to an automatic canned repy such as:

• Thanks a lot for your interest. I am currently out of the office and will get back with you as soon as possible.

Same with incoming orders.

LOVE IT !

Really hope something like that will come about…

Some ideas:
Sellers are able to set their own response times:

• Responds within 1-2-3-4-6-8-12-24-36-48 hours to messages or something like that.
  • Will lead to customers that favor speed to choose sellers that respond more quickly.
  • Let sellers put office hours (As suggested before)
  • Buyers can search for sellers that have office hours now
    In this case people without set office hours would lose a bit of traffic in favor of those that do have, but these sellers would need to respond more quickly.

One addition;
It would be a potential addition to exclude some days from the need to respond 24h. Like Christmas, Tet Holiday or Eid Mubarak or whatever, maybe based on a set of days you can choose beforehand. I was not amused when somebody messaged me on Christmas and I knew I had to respond that day.

I kinda like it the way it is. I have message templates for when I can not fully engage with clients, I just use those. What makes me like the current system is that it allows for competition, I have made some good sells and scored loyal clients only because the “other” guy was not available to respond to messages.

Some ideas:

Sellers are able to set their own response times:

• Responds within 1-2-3-4-6-8-12-24-36-48 hours to messages or something like that.
  • Will lead to customers that favor speed to choose sellers that respond more quickly.
  • Let sellers put office hours (As suggested before)
  • Buyers can search for sellers that have office hours now

In this case people without set office hours would lose a bit of traffic in favor of those that do have, but these sellers would need to respond more quickly.

One addition;

It would be a potential addition to exclude some days from the need to respond 24h. Like Christmas, Tet Holiday or Eid Mubarak or whatever, maybe based on a set of days you can choose beforehand. I was not amused when somebody messaged me on Christmas and I knew I had to respond that day.

Let sellers put office hours (As suggested before)

That could be useful I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh that would be cool, like taking a Saturday and Sunday off to concentrate on just being a mom? I can certainly see how that would be appealing to me as a seller, but I am also a buyer so although I would like to take a break from answering messages I want any messages I sent to be answered asap!

Can you maybe not put your profile on vacation mode? Sorry if that is a stupid suggestion but I am new at selling here and you say you have been here for years so you must know about that feature?

There’s a middle ground to the way you’re thinking about it. If when your customer is looking at your gig they could see when you are regularly ready to receive and answer messages (regular working hours), they will know when to expect a return message. The Fiverr system could have logic that suppresses messages from triggering your app or email based on those hours. Additionally, the system could add the necessary number of hours to prevent it from negatively affecting your response time percentage, in accordance with your regular working hours. A number of pre determined exceptions could exist, like when a customer wants a rush order, and the gig page can show that to the customer. In this way, the gig system would be assisting both the buyer and the seller in getting what they want, while adding increased value to rush order options.

There’s a middle ground to the way you’re thinking about it. If when your customer is looking at your gig they could see when you are regularly ready to receive and answer messages (regular working hours), they will know when to expect a return message. The Fiverr system could have logic that suppresses messages from triggering your app or email based on those hours. Additionally, the system could add the necessary number of hours to prevent it from negatively affecting your response time percentage, in accordance with your regular working hours. A number of pre determined exceptions could exist, like when a customer wants a rush order, and the gig page can show that to the customer. In this way, the gig system would be assisting both the buyer and the seller in getting what they want, while adding increased value to rush order options.

I like the way you think!

On the other hand, if they look at my gig and see that I am on at a different time from when they happen to be looking at it, they will probably move on to someone who is online when they are there ready to buy.

Them not knowing when I will be online is probably a good thing for this reason.

Hello,

Firstly, you are doing so well with your gigs, hats off to you! I feel that of course you are entitled to some time off work to totally shut down from work-mode! I feel that if a client receives an out-of-office message on the weekends, it would be understandable . Of course however, a good number of those people will also search for other similar gigs and you would lose some clientele. If you feel you need a break, then you by all means deserve one. I hope you manage to find the right balance.

All the best,
Maria

Archived