New Seller? Need Help? Don't Do This

emmaki

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT: A guy exactly like this contacted me as well asking me some help to improve his gigs. He messed up my response time as well and I was about to open a topic for the same reason. I don’t know what to do, he keeps on writing me, I’ve reported him and nothing happened, now I’ve decided to ignore him and but response time keeps on falling 😕

I also had a newbie (not saying I’m not a newbie) message me whining how all the experienced sellers were not helping him so he said: ‘Maybe you ‘frriend’ can help me’.

I replied immediately and told him that I don’t have any tips either because I was just starting out too.

Then he went on: ‘But I see you translate from English to German. I just want to make a duplicate of my English gig, in German.’

I thought, maybe he was just trying to make it more friendlier for the ‘German speaking market’. Since I didn’t have anything to do other than watching prof. Leschs’ (if you like physics you should check him out - he’s fun) videos I decided I might help him out. Then I went on to check his profile and I was baffled when I saw that he only had three gigs. One was ‘… provide FLAWLESS translation of English to German and vice versa’ and the other one was English to French. The third was probably the English-French counterpart (I can’t be sure because it was in French). That’s when I realized that he wanted me to ‘translate’ his English-German gig.

So I messaged him and, knowing the answer beforehand, asked how are you going to translate stuff into German if you don’t speak the language?

He said with google translate. Like everyone else does.

Of course I reported him. I checked his profile once in a while to see how he was doing but after a week or so he was gone. That was one of the moments that made me take this site more seriously and invest some time in it after having a very very shitty experience with freelancaster (guess the real name) about two years ago.

On a different note, we exchanged a couple of comments a few days ago. I see you’re doing well on here. This is nice. 👍

Viel Erfolg. 🙂

Well this is great, I just got another “please help me” message, and what made it very
unique was that she asked for my help AND phone number.
What the heck was she planning to do, make an international call to me in Tokyo and try to
get a one-on-one coaching on how to handle business here?
Unfortunately even if she did manage to get my number and call me, her English skills
were quite low, we’ll be having a serious communication problem…

Hello everybody! It’s Monday, a new week and of course new dribbling entries in my inbox. Meet someone who couldn’t even be bothered with social niceties.

This person will ~maybe~ make $5, get a scathing review then disappear back into the black pit from whence he emerged. Possibly angrily calling Fiverr a scam along the way.

Haha, must have been one of the people who offer to translate into all languages in 24 hours. Though I can´t say I´m particularly sorry for people who buy that kind of gig and think they are getting a good value for their coin.

>>He said with google translate. Like everyone else does.<<
rolls eyes
Hello buyers, not everyone does. There are real translators here on fiverr, don´t let people like that spoil your experience here.

And I remember you. Vielen Dank 🙂

Archived