New Seller? Need Help? Don't Do This

emmaki

Just don’t. Name of desparado grudgingly protected due to Forum Rules and fairness.

Doing this is just pathetic and won’t do a damn thing at all. Spend some of that time and energy on your business or something. If begging is the main module of your business module, ffs, go beg in London or NY like a proper cheeky grafter, you ****.

Read the ******** tips.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sure this warning will urge the thousands of people who were busy commenting on the *********** to get back to the topic. Totally unintentional 😃

On a slightly related note, New Seller, Need Help?

Just make your profile and WAIT. There is no magic trick. I have a month old profile, I have followed none of the wise-ass tips mentioned on this forum and I am getting 3 requests a day. Apparently there is some sort of algorithm that lends credibility points to a profile as it gets old, maybe that is why I am getting the requests without even using the buyer requests section.

It stumps me how many people spend so much time asking around how to get this thing to work. Just make a profile and leave it, nothing else can be done to game the system. Wait till you get the first customer, it will take off from there.

More than I ever got–my first year (12mo) I made $2k in painful 5 buck steps. I moaned about it to my friends on FB and they all said “it’s a waste of time”. I said “another year, it’s 2000 I wouldn’t otherwise have”

The next year surprised me. Point is, I came in with low expectations, was not surprised, then continued because it was pocket money anyway. You idiots who expect it all with zilch talent make me laugh hale and hearty from the rooftops.

@silkroute, I’m glad you recognize this. I have a lot of failed profiles on other sites. too. I also never moan. Conversion rates, people.

That definitely helps too. I’d be really interested in a “IRL” social experiment where some bore millionaire chances his luck.

Mainly because there are quite a few “yam scucess much” posts around at the moment with zero proof other than seals who have been trained to clap yet miss the ball. Plus as luck would have it, I have an off-site gig where I review shitty WSOs and whatnot that focus on this for your outsourcers.

By far and large, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a bigger bunch of dumbasses who’ll part en masse with a few dollars. That’s the real source of Fiverr’s bad rep. Idiots.

Bonus points for a JVZoo/ShitBank offer where the video is for your last identikit one but you changed it up because it was only a “special $/horror price” $7 offer with the skin changed for an overpriced OTO. But mate–the video is for the one you did 2 months ago. You just changed the skin.

This is the Fiverr dick equiv. The clues are all piled up like a traffic jam. Let’s see what he (doesn’t) have to say about this.

I see right through you. Especially the $5 penny pinchers. Walk right, it’s a bit faster to failure and redemption, if needed.

And believe me, I track a lot of offers.

…uh…so basically this person was asking you to edit his/her gig description for
free? And when you said no, it changed into begging. Wow…
Well, I dunno, I think it’s better than "You are such a greedy person!"
That’s what I got when I refused to translate a “very short” sentence for free…
And hey, at least he/she said the magic word, three times!

Hey guys, I know this isn’t really a topic for this, but I’ll just say it, maybe your advice can help me next time.

A buyer ordered a gig for business name and domain, She asked if I offer refunds, and I answered that it must be on reasonable grounds.

She accepted the custom offer of $30 and gave me two parameters I did the first delivery with the parameters she gave, she requested a revision, I did a revision using all possible combination of the parameters she gave, again she requested a revision or refund. Now I wasn’t happy with this, because I provided more than 10 name s for each delivery which is two times the number stated on my gig for each delivery, I wasn’t going to refund, I said I will offer her another revision but this time she said no and she want a refund.

Please what are your candid opinion for me.

Thank you.

Hi Emmaki!

Just send him a custom gig. If he/she doesn’t accept it forget about that person it doesnt worth the effort. I created a black marker for persons who consume me, so I know in advance that I shouldnt waste a lot of energy with those persons.
I also put a star on my best clients or the clients that are nice to me.

Well guess what Emma, I just got a message from the same guy.
It said
"Hello brother
Plz clear English grammar mistake in my logo gig
Please please help me"

First of all, I ain’t a brother.
Second of all…awe dang, there are so many thing I can say, I don’t know where to
start…

Noone is working for free here sorry but this person could have easily posted in the forum under “Improve my Gig” and could have asked someone for help there.

Using someones inbox like that is considered spamming and a NO GO around here since we are all being forced to either reply or report (due to the response rate)

Or buy yourself a couple relevant gigs for your gig. The limit for max letters in description fields is annoyingly low, so with such low wordcounts you should be able to get that done with just 1-2 5$ gigs per category you need, if you find someone who is young and needs the money 😉

Me too, and I´m only here since this month as well. Agreed, there is no magic trick. Just be good at what you do, quality will sell. And if you´re not good at what you do, well, then sorry, back to school, the drawing board, wherever. There´s no reason anyone should pay you, if you´re not good.

Some persons even get the idea to ask you in your inbox to chat on some other platform, because they are aware and don´t want to lower your response rate…ooooh…and now I finally know why my response rate had taken a nosedive recently without me realizing why, probably cause my brain just couldn´t make that connection between such inbox texts and the response rate…

Hey. Nobody can really tell you if her request/s for a refund was/were reasonable or not, because we don´t know if you, say, delivered names like ‘GoodRiddanceDotCom’ for her funeral parlour website 😉 Audiatur et altera pars and all that.
But I´ll assume you did a good job, and she was unreasonable, for the sake of replying.
Now if I were in your shoes, I´d like myself to stand up for myself and my work, but truthfully I´d most probably just refund her ASAP to not have to waste any more time on it.
And take a note of her name, and copypaste the conversation to the file I´d save her name into, just in case, to check against, if the way someone writes in a future order conversation would remind me much of the person.
Cause, candidly, if you did a good job, and she behaved as you say, there´s always the possibility that she thinks herself incredibly clever to get good work for zero investment here. And if the job you did was good, hell, she might come back! Hope I didn´t frighten you too much with mentioning this possibility 😉

TL;DR: I´d refund, just to be rid of the issue and person. My peace of mind is worth a few bucks to me. But that´s just me.

Well, me, I did, encourage, even look at the profile and gave a few tips. And even though I was the newER seller in that case. But I´m snowed under with work already in my first month here, and I can absolutely imagine that it will get old, and impossible, to reply to as many of those inbox-thingies as some high-and muchrated sellers might get all the time.

Intruding in a person´s inbox like that is somewhat disrespectful.
Also, asking on the forum - or reading in the **** forum (selfcensored) will probably get you at least a good portion of the tips the seller you ask, could give you and if you stick to the forum to ask for tips, those tips will help all new sellers, who bother to read them, not just you. And you´re not so entitled or selfish, that you want all the good tips just for yourself, right?

(just for clarification, as I reply to your post, the ‘you’ here of course means ‘some of you new sellers’, not you, umer 🙂 )

That’s $30 from me… that said, some people seem to think that characters (1200) means words. You’d be amused at how many sales I’ve lost despite explaining the difference. Apparently I’m the liar, when the idiots can check out this simple fact for themselves by watching the character counter as they type

Archived