Why my gig sell is decreased?

ehsan1

I have seen the same thing happen, even though I have great reviews and ratings. It seems to run in cycles. Also, there are always new sellers coming on Fiverr, so sometimes the competition gets hot. However, if you do a good job for people and take care of your buyers, they will come back to you with more business.

I have no proven evidence that being online works, but as a buyer I have gone on and clicked on the “online now” option when searching for someone to do a gig. I surely don’t think it hurts if you come back and refresh a fiverr page every so often to remain online for the optimum time (and I’ve been doing this). On the flip side, as a seller, this week I changed my main gig to 24 hour delivery as, again, I feel the more days it takes to complete a gig might also have an effect when someone’s using that search box. Obviously me having a super solid feedback record helps also but yes. Fiverr is an interesting beast. I have sellers that I utilize and I’ve given them all good feedback multiple times, yet I rarely see anyone I work with whilst searching and they only seem to get orders from me - which is bizarre as they do amazing work.

when I started I had to push back my delivery days because I was coming close to the deadline on every order and was getting multiple orders per week. I just now got an email that I haven’t logged in to the website in 30 days and if I didn’t they would cancel my account. I haven’t logged into the website in 30 days because I haven’t gotten even ONE email or contact or sale. It’s a joke. Fiverr’s new search is BS and only benefited their Top Rated Sellers, all level 2 and level 1 sellers are starving for work now. Total joke this company is.

Sales vary, and the reasons they vary are hundreds if not thousands. So let me give you a checklist:

1. Do you have any spelling mistakes?
  2. Is your sales copy easy to read? Are you separating your paragraphs?
  3. Are you making a good offer compared to your competitors? Click on their gigs and check on their queues.
  4. Are you delivering too fast or too slow? I like to find a happy medium, mine is three days.
  5. Do you sound desperate? Are you overpromising? I never hire anyone who promises unlimited revisions for example.
  6. Do you have an ugly profile picture? You can replace that with a logo. If you’re going to appear on camera, make sure you’re against a clear background.

Yet even if you take care of these 6th point, the market does what the market does. I’ve had days where I only made $8 and says when I make $40 or more. If you want to learn more, read “How writers make money on Fiverr.”

davehaertel,

I’ve noticed a significant drop in enquires from the US and other regions, bar UK/IE

fastcopywriter,

All good points but there is without doubt a change in traffic that has nothing to do with those tips. It could be that Fiverr apart from changing the metadata/search algo, they make “post a request” more prominent on the first page. So instead of simply taking the time to search, buyers might just post what they want, although I haven’t analysed the requests to verify this.

I’ve also read that they promote certain categories more, as they generate more revenue, bad for some but Fiverr is a business and needs to maximise profit.

With the change in the source location of buyer traffic (yes some use vpn to hide true location but not all) I think there is a double impact due to buyer behaviour. In my experience the ones that converted more often than not, were from the US.

This tallies with my experiences in other areas of the business arena using certain platforms, US buyers tended to hit the trigger more readily than other regions, which take longer to convert. Also there are different cultural likes and dislikes by country, so others may get a boost, rather than negative, depending on what they are offering.

Maybe Fiverr is currently focusing more advertising in other locations.

Do you mean when you log in? The problem with that, is that it’s local client based, although the search algo will pick up how you logged in, that doesn’t seem to make any difference where we appear when logged in to either.

The problem seems more to do with the actual traffic makeup arriving to the gigs. Or it does for certain categories. Again it could be the case that Fiverr is changing which categories they push, and in which region.

Archived