Has anyone quit their job to just do Fiverr work? I'd love to! Check out my gig!

kim_talented

Although I’d LOVE to work from home permanently, sitting on my balcony all day, sipping coffee, and only dealing with people online and not in person, realistically I know that fiverr could never compete with the security and shelter of my real life full time job. So, no - unless I’d come up with an idea that creates a consistent stream of massive passive ( 😃 ) income.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jenjay

I think it all depends also on the type of gig you are offering. Some are hot selling categories, while others not so hot. I love taking risks, but quitting my ft job and doing this ft is too risky for me.

I worked at an Apple Store with pretty cool perks and benefits, but fiverr has replaced that job’s income, perks and benefits. Fiverr has opened my eyes to what’s possible on the web, so I’ve used my tenure here as an internship whilst branching off to other web adventures that are equally rewarding.

I resigned from my job to work on 24 hours on Fiverr. But now I am worrying about the decision I made since I am not getting much orders from Fiverr. Earlier I go somewhere around 15-20 orders per day. That’s why I resigned. Now just a 1 or 2 order per day. Suffering. My advice is don’t take foolish decisions like me. If I get more sales one day from fiverr which is adequate for daily living, I’ll update it here. Good luck.

Reply to @madmoo: I have read about you on the fiverr blog and i consider your story to be an inspiring one. I am a new comer to fiverr and earned a status of level 2 seller within 2 months and 15 days. However sometimes I feel as if the orders just get stuck… I mean for several days there is neither any query nor any order and sometimes there is a rush. Is this something that had been happening with you in the past and still happening? The only thing that bugs me is the 2 week payment clearance time required by Fiverr. The country to which I belong, dollar has a lot of worth. Hence I want to make near or above $700 to $1000+ on fiverr. Any good recommendations on how can I consistently derive such amount on a monthly basis from Fiverr? Your tips would highly be appreciated

Reply to @christina123: well advice you gave christina. If i were you, and made much more earnings through fiverr AND other freelancing sites as compared with my job, I would still never quit. Always work hard and have 2 sources of income. you never know which one might get closed! I am also in the same position. But unless I am confident that my income exceeds a certina threshold on fiverr for at least 6 months, i may think about resigning form job. but who doesnt love extra income? people saying that they quit full time job is becuase they were earning so much that they did not need to do their jobs anymore. On the othe rhand, newcomers see a few orders and immediately quit their job, that is a foolish decision!

Reply to @kodemania: same here bro. I am paying my dues from fiverr, but earnings from fiverr arent enough to support my family. I have a few months more before my education gets completed and I focus more on fiverr. Moreover, it takes alot of time to build reputation on fiverr or any other freelancing websites. So never put all of your eggs in one basket! it is too risky, just like what I replied to @christina123

I haven’t completely quit my day job to go to Fiverr yet. But to be fair I love my day job.

However, my gigs on Fiverr have taught me that I can probably launch a full time career in resume writing and maybe launch my own firm if I wanted to. And that’s pretty amazing.

Hi guys,

I’m from Sri lanka. I have a permanent job. But , luckily it’s also an online job(home based one) I’m a sports wear designer for Australia. I work via s***e with Australian company. So it’s my full time job. While I’m doing it , I do fiverr. So I’m online full time fiverr also. So fiverr also a full time job for me.

So guys try to find a home based good job while doing fiverr. It will help to grow your career and earn more via fiverr.

so in my life everything is balanced because of my full time job and Fiverr.

I live happy.

Thanks

LUCKY

If I could make $80 a day that would be $2,480 in 31 days, so it’s enough to survive, but not enough for me to be happy. My busiest day featured 11 orders, some with gig extras (where the real money is), most without. I still love Fiverr, I’m making $500 to $700 a month. That’s real money, it feels good to pay off credit card debt and do other things.

My Fiverr rules are simple.

1. Do something that’s easy for you
  2. Do something you enjoy
  3. Don’t be afraid of mutual cancellations
  4. Underpromise and overdeliver whenever possible

I have left my full time job in an MNC for Fiverr. Not because I work less in Fiverr than in an MNC. I work more for Fiverr than I have to do it an company. I do not earn more than I do in a company. (Hoping to earn more in coming days). But what makes me happy is that “Doing what I love”.

This is what made me to leave my job. I’m 23 and happy doing what I love the most. This feeling gives me the up most satisfaction. For now, Fiverr is my only source of income 🙂

I dream of the kind of exposure it would take to support myself with Fiverr gigs. I’d love to be offering to do what I love and actually have the chance to make it my life. Alas, no jobs in what feels like forever so that one’s just going to stay in the ‘dream’ category. C’est la vie.

Archived