Has anyone quit their job to just do Fiverr work? I'd love to! Check out my gig!

kim_talented

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have learned the hard way not to put all my eggs in one basket, so I will never make Fiverr 100% of my income. Freelancing demands that you always have a backup plan. Fiverr may develop into a major source of income for me (I hope), but I won’t be giving up other gigs to do it full time. Did that once. Lost everything, including my car and my house. Never again.

Reply to @madmoo:

That’s really cool! Actually i really would to leave my current full time job and focus on fiverr. I’ve been on fiverr for about one month and i earned about half of my full time job salary. I think i can do more if i leave the other job but i’m not sure enough :(.

I love hearing stories from fiverr sellers who are able to deliver gigs as a full-time job. I don’t expect to be able to make a full-time income with my fiverr revenues, however, I do hope my fiverr experience and positive customer reviews will help me to be able to transition to a new career.

I recently contacted Madmoo directly as I was aware that she worked primarily off of her Fiverr income. She gave great practical advice. I am just finishing my maternity leave, and am hoping to build up my gigs and sales work, to the point that I can earn my base income from this, with other things I do, topping life up. (thue not all my eggs in one basket)…when I first joined Fiverr, I read a story about a chap who built up a 6 figure income off of Fiverr in 8 months - not sure how true this is, but with some cleaver business planning - I think it is very doable!

Angela xx

I am counting 250 gigs this year. With the rent i pay for my basement suite I think it is a good source of extra income but not a full income… for a full-time job at fiverr i should make 5 gig an hour for 6-7 hours. Thats a lot of gigs and time. Delivering quality means doing something extra for the customer, 15 minutes is mostly too less time for that. I think its good money, but it is not the dream job lol, having a part time job gives you social insurrence… fiverr doesnt (;

Hiya again,

I’ve read down these comments again, and need to say that I think some of us sellers, are not seeing the big picture. Regardless where you live!

This time last week, I was promoted to a level 2 seller after being forced to wait 6 weeks!

I conquered the requirements (other then the 60 days) in just 16 days of joining Fiverr!

I fully plan to keep working and re-working my gigs, pushing up my prices, and increasing my services and removing those services that do not sell, until I can achieve my goal.

Fiverr is nothing more then your traffic channel to a global market place.

YOU NEED TO GET A MARKETING PLAN!

Its been 65 days since I joined Fiverr, my stats board tells me I now sell for an average of $7 per gig - its nonsense. This factors in all the gigs I produced in the early days. I never sell a gig now less then $15. I always contact my buyers, and check their requirements, giving me then opportunity to up-sell the extra’s - it works about 50% of the time.

In all the orders I have placed now, since being a Level 1 seller, I can say my average sale per gig is $20.

This is business nothing more nothing less.

You need to think of it as a business - with promotions, free gifts, hooks, things to entice.

The best thing you can do, is think of some QUICK things you can produce once and then sell as a gig, so it takes just 6- second to send the delivery document! (I’ve got mine planned - just not created YET)

No more time investment.

You need to think of ways to make yourself unique.

BTW I am from the UK, so for me the $1USD is 60p! You can just about buy the odd chocolate bar for this money in a sweet shop. 60p buys nothing. And of the $5 sold, we earn $4 meaning to the UK its just £2.50 before paypal take their fee’s etc…

But its business…you know this is going to happen, so you need to factor in your time verses your earnings. If you are working to hard, for too little, tweak the service, fine tune it.

I even created a gig to sell a spreadsheet with which to help forecast your earning potentials, and realise your own targets.

So here is a REAL example of my current targets, objectives and financial business plan…

(Afterwards, I will explain where I am at on route to these objectives!)

I am a single mother to a 14 month old baby and 3.5 year old girl. So I am extreamly time restricted with kids around me most of the time, and only limited childcare resources.

STEP 1: I worked out how many hours a day I could dedicate to working on the gigs that I sell.

Its about 3 to 4 hours, when the girls are napping, or of an evening.

STEP 2: I then worked out my personal income and expences, that allowed for savings and holiday money etc… and set myself a GROSS ANNUAL TARGET of what I wanted to earn. So in the UK lets say it is £30K per annum - next I used a website called XE.com to work out that value in USD: $48474 using the exchange rate at that time.

Now this is the money I want to be able to pay myself, so I have to generate even more through Fiverr with which to ensure they get their cut: So my Fiverr Target became: $60592 per annum worth of sales into my fiverr account.

STEP 3: Now I know what I need to achieve, I need to see if it is realistic.

USD

$60592 = per year

$ 5049 = Per month

$ 1165 = per week

$ 166 = per day, every day of the year

STEP 4: Now I have been very thoughtful about the gigs I sell. I know they are not even close to all my skills but these I can produce quickly - that does not mean they are rough or low quality, it just means that I know realistically what time it takes me to produce a good job on average! For example, I’ve spent 16 years as a freelance website designer, but the time it takes me to produce a website vs someone working in a middle Easton country is the same, but the value of the dollar is far less then the pound where I live, so there is no point me competing with these sellers, to them the money they earn due to their currency is enormas…its like me working for Fiverr if the gigs were $50 each! just not going to happen - so think smart about what you offer!

STEP 5: I am average between $15 and $25 per sale - so on average $20

My daily rate of $166 divided by $20 = 8.3 gigs that I need to sell.

Well I am averaging about 2 to 3 gigs a day at this rate so I am a third the way there already! Not bad for 65 days being her! When I was a new seller, I sold 16 gigs in one day - so I know my target is possible. But the number of gigs I have working for me, needs to increase with interesting gigs that generate income…so I have to keep thinking and tweaking.

STEP 6:

All business, everywhere, is a numbers game, you just need to think logically, instead of sticking any old gig up here, and earning ‘pocket money’. Think strategically, objectively and analyse your performance. Re-tweak and fine tune.

Every business that is successful does this!

You need to do it also.

STEP 7:

For those of you who hate MATHS or are not sure what to do…I am selling the spreadsheet here for $5! Simply visit XE.com - grab your currency exchange rate, input it and your ideal salary target into the spreadsheet and I have done the math for you.

You simply need to follow the steps above to workout if your target is achievable given the time you have, if not, tweak, tweak, tweak until it works for you in both time and money!

Happy selling!

Angela

Here is the gig:

http://fiverr.com/emp_angela/send-you-a-fiverr-earnings-and-target-calculator

Step 2 above…Her is the maths: $48474 / $4 = $12118 x $5 = $60592

Remember the $48474 is the money I get AFTER Fiverr take their $1…so essentially this number if one year’s worth of $4 gigs. But the gigs are $5…so we divide this number by 4, to get the $1 value and then times by 5 to find the value of sales into our account that we need.

This is the total income my fiver account needs to generate in sales, so that I get left with the money/target I have set myself!

If you are stuck/confused…comment here and I will try and help you with the MATH…or indeed invite anyone else who is good at MATH to help you! xxxx

I work full time on Fiverr being a student and I make more than my peers, but I don’t know how half of the people in this thread who quit their jobs can afford to work Fiverr full time. I can’t imagine graduating in 2 years and not getting a “real” job. Half the people who claim to do Fiverr full time don’t even have 1,000 sales on their map :-S Maybe their income is supplemented with unemployment benefits?

I am hoping to go full-time at some point. Though it does not seem a near possibility. I have been getting a steady stream of work from fiverr and it doesn’t get in the way of my full-time job.

Though living in India I can easily survive if I can make around 1000-2000$ a month but I have no clue how much of that is possible. Becoming a level 1 seller has helped a lot with getting the price up and actually charging the real hourly rate. It feels good to add a bit to my already sufficient income.

Like @emp_angela said selling at 5$ is not going to work wonders but I can have a good meals for those 4$ here.

Iam just leave a jo and started work here…

I started work here when I ask one question to myself: can i get more money from fiverr when I get in work ?

AND!!! I reply to myself YES, OFC YES, IF I WILL WORK SAME HARD AS IN WORK!! 😃

before fiverr i get in my job 1000-1500$ in month now i can get much more, so iam glad… Iam getting new client from all world. Iam rly happy cuz Iam work what time what I whant. And I have no BOSS. So I think what social networks like fiverr can change the job for people who working hard and for people who try to get something more.

P.S. sorry for my bad english :((( iam now study it 😛

Hey buddy,

yes i quited my job to join fiverr switch has not be that easy so i will not advise you do that, but if as time go on what u get from fiverr is more that your job you can quit then.

my gig’s below

http://fiverr.com/planet_seo/submit-your-website-blog-to-over-3000-backlink

http://fiverr.com/planet_seo/send-a-solo-ad-to-a-list-of-41835-real-subscribers

merry xmas

Archived