Has anyone quit their job to just do Fiverr work? I'd love to! Check out my gig!

kim_talented

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hammi2010

Reply to @followerbooster:

I realize your upset and having a hard time, but you aren’t handling the situation right. You need to leave complaints with names to the support tickets only or you’re causing just as much if not more trouble than they are. It may be Fiverr watching you and that seller might be completely innocent.

I’ve done it, it feels great!

Do not worry about the outcome, if you believe in yourself -

You will profit from it. Others will notice. Filter out the bad, keep the positive network surroundings

explore your options.

I was dealing with a belittling boss who would get upset when others would ask myself instead of him. I was being victimized out of jealousy and found myself in the middle of a vicious circle of “revenge?” as i was the target. I then was getting pressured by others, my co workers were getting “punished” then harassed. All because others would ask myself for advice then the over controlling boss who apparently has all the answers. I would see myself become sick as the days passed, I would not be able to sleep- feeling stressed to the point of insanity. Items were removed from me, (Heating was turned off at my side of the office, Back door was kept opened in winter where i would be sitting, My computer screen resolution would be changed to “extra extra extra small” - As i do not wear glasses, The boss would wear glasses and his reasoning was “If you can’t see you need glasses or else you need to work at that resolution” - I would close the door or change the screen and i would get yelled at and punished " Yes yelled " ) my daily lunches had vanished - forcing me to have to buy lunch everyday. (A small company of 5 people)- Others wanted to leave. … The boss would often say to others " Keeping your kids in school is expensive nowadays no one will hire you, I will make sure of that. You are lucky you are working full time… “at minimum wage.” As others became sucked into this game of multiplication I would not accept that. These people had acted like “robots” Yes sir. At your service sir. “thank you for letting me have my lunch hour sir” It was disgusting, I couldn’t believe it. I left that place not looking back. As he mentioned before i left "If ever a company will call me i will tell them you did not fulfill the task as you did not " & whatever rubbish of stupidity came out of that regrading mouth of his. I left, creating my own time, my own work… I am not happier then ever. Not having the breath of a savage down my neck over looking at my computer. A weight has been lifted and i am free to explore my passion of creative arts and etc… I have passion and will. The money will come as people will see that you love what you do and will pay and become return clients in whatever venture you choose to jump into. What i learned when working with that monster. “Bad apples” will create such a negative energy and try to suck you in it, as the days pass your passion and ability will be torn away from you as you will no longer have that passion or drive as you are being attacked left and right by monsters. Once that is gone it will take a long time to come back… as not only it is an emotionality challenging for you and your surroundings. It will create harm to your personal life and the ones you surround.

When i left i was stalked, harassed. As the animal who was so angry had to direct his anger at me, I was no longer there. He then had to face reality and could not accept himself for the miserable life he created for himself.

my 2 cents.

Well it is worth doing,to quit your current job if only fiverr has started paying you off. This is also possible here,if you will take fiverr as a business and not just a fun. Take advantage of all the tips, and strategies in this forum, abide to the TOS, be a good seller, be committed to it, spread the fiverr news and you can achieve every dreams through fiverr

I registered 7 months ago but I didn’t have the time to start. Two weeks ago I’ve decided to give Fiverr a try and surprisingly I received my first order shortly. Now I have 9 finished orders and people began to inquire of me.

I hope to get more sales in the future! Thanks Fiverr!

Reply to @guskarisma: Leaving a job is scary but what really did it for me was when I decided that my mental wellbeing was more important than staying with my old company. Now I work when I want and make what I want. I can take a month off if I want and I won’t get fired! Be ready for potential loneliness though. Find something in the community to be active in, co working spaces, a bowling league, whatever 🙂

Guest indiebookvalue

I was able to quit my job as a wealth management banker by adding Fiverr to my sales mix. I’m not 100% reliant on Fiverr as a source of sales, but it surely helps. As a father of a newborn baby, the flexibility that this offers is incredible. Although, I don’t get a break if the baby is sick, I still have to deliver on time (Fiverr, get on that!) Ha. I don’t make as much income as I did, but once I do the calculations of gas, lunch, daycare, etc… I’m pocketing much more than I did, even with advanced licenses.

Good luck to everybody out there in Fiverr land!

• 2 weeks later...

Before Fiverr changed?

Yes. Yes I did quit my job to work on Fiverr.

At the time… fiverr encouraged people to do it. Anyone remember the long graphic hollering that 14% of people work on fiverr full time… you should too!!!

Anyhow. That was then. This is now.

They went and changed the site, the search… pretty much everything and left a lot of us old sellers in the cold with no warning and in a lot of cases (Like mine) no real reason.

Just gone.

So now… not really.

I remember considering a lawsuit against them. Claiming they pushed me to quit my day job and then dumped me for no reason. Decided against that though. Cost to much and since I was unemployed. Ha ha.

Anyhow. Then. Sure. Now… maybe some people but not me.

I miss the old days. 🙂

Archived