Has anyone quit their job to just do Fiverr work? I'd love to! Check out my gig!

kim_talented

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter how much successful you are on Fiverr, I will never recommend someone to quit their job. You should never rely on single source of income. Imagine what happens if Fiverr changes its paying policy and bring some strict rules that are not favorable for you?

Long and short, never put all of your eggs in the same basket.

…actually. About 4 months ago I was in B35t Buy and was talking to a tech about some more ram for my pc. During our convo he asked if I was hiring and what he did (graphic arts). I told him about fiverr, we went over to one of the online machines and he tooled around. This weekend I saw the same tech and asked if he signed up - he did and was now working part time at the store as his fiverr gigs took off. I’m not sure what his gigs are - but - you just never know where life takes ye. Cheers to all of you (buyers/sellers/Fiverr staff) for making this a great community.

Guest itmom83

I believe it’s really possible to quit one’s job in replacement of Fiverr gigs earnings. You just have to be very creative in order to get orders, trust yourself and have guts to stand the finances/expenses of daily living without going to a traditional 8 hours work job in an office. I can see fiverr will be the pioneer of the future jobs (everyone will work online, except for those needs physical requirements)

I’m a single mom with passion on designing and IT so I called myself ITmom 🙂 and Fiverr helped me a lot to manage my own time. I can take care of my son and also do Fiverr gigs (which I love to do cause it’s my passion) I am able to earn extra for my financial needs. When I got my first order, $5 is not much to match the quality of the work given, but I enjoyed doing it, the ratings and reviews pays better than the earnings I made…it motivated me more. Until more and more orders came which made me more excited.

I’ve taken this career seriously and hope for more success for Fiverr founder, staff and company to help more work-at-home-moms like me! Good luck Fiverr people!

Here, I’ve arranged half of my home kitchen area to become my Fiverr office too…

(I made the mirror as my whiteboard for my fiverr reminders and also, you can see the reflection of my kitchen’s cabinet on that mirror too!)

Guest mohsinraza50

I’ve seen sellers having 100s of orders in queues and I asked the same question to myself that how can they meet the deadline with the actual job in the office. Well, I have my answer now.

Kudos for such a great community. Hopefully I’ll be a pro in this community one day. Happy Fiverring 🙂

yourfriend78640 said: No matter how successful you are on Fiverr, I will never recommend someone to quit their job. You should never rely on single source of income.

I would certainly agree with this statement.. but Fiverr has been great supplemental income for me.. I'm having my first $1,000+ month and loving it.. but it's not going to offer the health benefits provided by my actual job... haha or give me a reason to actually get out of the house each day.... but if you are earning enough to be considering it... good luck to you!

Just doing Fiverr work is great but in the same time it’s a huge vulnerability: you can get many sales for several months or 1 year, but it doesn’t means you’ll get more and more sales. You can have months with less sales, or even no sales after some unhappy events, like Fiverr 2.0, or Fiverr 3.0 release, when you can get very few sales, or even no sales (like my situation, when after 1 year and a few months of hard work, now I got only 1 order in 5 days).

In this kinfd of situation is hard to find quicly a Fiverr alternative to compensate your monthly income needs.

So, “to quit your job to do just Fiverr work?” = a very big mistake…

Fiverr is great if you’re using it as a part-time job, but not living only from Fiverr revenues

I’ve Been working full time on Fiverr for the past 6 months. I was able to quit my 8-5 job which was not paying well and concentrated on fiverr.

I now stay home with my 2 kids and opened a small office near my home for the fiverr work. I earn comfortably and Fiverr has given my family the freedom to enjoy life and explore new ventures

I don’t think most people will ever make enough from Fiverr to quit their jobs. I don’t hate my job so I am not really worried about it. But our site is tied to our Fiverr gigs so as long as it’s in business, we’ll always be in business with Fiverr.

I am just going to pass from a Full time to a part time job.

I started with a couple of Gigs that since I have published this GIG http://www.fiverr.com/renatoautore/draw-you-in-my-own-caricature-style my sales are started to increase.

I would now like to spend more time on Fiverr and pass from a Full time Job to a part time job. Life is good and we all should be free to enjoy it!

Fiverr is giving to thousand of people the possibility to work at home, I consider Fiverr a great resource for an extra income that can be transformed in a consistent form of income.

I hope to increase my sales so that I can dedicate my time doing only what I love 🙂

Thanks Fiverr!

http://www.fiverr.com/renatoautore/draw-you-in-my-own-caricature-style//cdnec20.fiverrcdn.com/assets/v2_backgrounds/bg-homepage-welcome-voiceover-85e9bdff303ae429fa2707d9da7cb208.jpg

Fiverr: Graphics, marketing, fun, and more online services for $5

http://www.fiverr.com

For me, I still keep a part-time job beside my Fiverr business. Of course it earns far less, but it is consistent and can cover my food and housing bills. And most importantly it keeps me from being desperate enough to accept low-pay offers from bad clients who don’t appreciate the value of my work (sadly this group is never in shortage).

Archived