Has anyone quit their job to just do Fiverr work? I'd love to! Check out my gig!

kim_talented

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never, on such an unstable platform you never know what’s next, read all the stories of people who’s accounts have been banner for no reason, I’ve had a few unpleasant experiences myself and I can honestly say… I’d rather work from 9-5 than deal with the people who order from fiverr… luckily my job outside fiverr is the same as I did here so I guess that’s a bonus.

Reply to @rebelnation: You could have asked yourself WHY you got unpleasant experiences. Lots of people are able to make a STABLE income on this “unstable platform” so why didn’t it work out for YOU?

Your message in your bio made me laugh… moved to another platform haha… I’m sure you just say that to prank fiverr because YOU failed here and want to but blame on this “unstable platform”. All those copied fiverr platforms are a joke, they don’t get any traffic.

Fiverr is the 127th MOST VISITED website in THE WORLD:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/fiverr.com

If you are able to get your gig in the top listings on this website, you can make bank. But you gave up, put the blame on this platform instead of yourself… good luck with sales on your other platform 😉

Alexa - Actionable Analytics for the Web

http://www.alexa.com

If you could make $200 a day that would be $6,000 a month or $72,000 a year. So it might be possible for some. However, Fiverr isn’t a full-time job with a predictable biweekly paycheck, and every business has peaks and valleys, so you need to have enough money in savings to survive those valleys when you’re not getting any orders.

Basically, the trick is to have multiple sources of income, a job, Fiverr, and something else.

Since I’m amongst sellers, I would like to tell you my honest story. I had been working in Radio & TV for over a decade.

However, almost 2 years ago, I had my youngest child. Around the same time, her father was diagnosed with cancer. 😦 I had to get creative… to get back. My family suggested (possibly) conventional jobs, however, I was determined to get back to where we were, and work for myself. So… I took a chance… I made a fiverr profile, honing my broadcast skills, and I haven’t looked back.

I am level 2 seller (hopefully top rated seller some day), and I make my sole income on fiverr, and I am one step closer to putting our pieces together. 🙂

*My only setback right now is that I have to try to find time to record around taking care of an (almost) 2 year old by myself. 😉 Lol. It’s challenging (and sometimes lateness has affected my ratings). But honest to god, I’m doing the best I can. It’s all we have. Wish me luck! 🙂

Reply to @kjblynx: Well put, it really depends on what you’re selling and how you’re selling it. I don’t have 200 people in my queue, but this guy does.

favicon.icoFiverr.com

ozzieuk : I will catapult your rankings with my high pr seo authority links for...

For only $5, ozzieuk will catapult your rankings with my high pr seo authority links. | If you're looking for honest, no spam search engine optimization that just works for YOUR BUSINESS, you've landed on the right gig !So what's this | On Fiverr.com

I have no job. situation in my country doesn’t let me live well. It is hard to get hire specially if you are a woman, who hire is always afraid you get pregnant and many people just hire you for trial time with no retribuition…Of course everyone need money and I’m not different. Fiver in first month (I’m seller since 40 days) has let me to ear 120$ in first month…it is not so much but for who, like me, has not the luck of a job it is marvelous, because in the same time i can stay active with my mind and learn more skills =) I don’t know if I’ll find another work, but by now fiverr is givin me a good opportunity which i want use to improve myself and maybe why not…it could become a job tomorrow…

Wish you the best,

R.

The guy with the large queue receives prioirty in comparison to others. Favoritism rules on fiverr if your a good boy or girl and listen to the master. He’'s also a sheriff on the forum and as a sheriff is favored. That’s how it works, like it or not. Folks you also have to ask yourself if your self worth is only $5? We’ve run a business for 26 years, we help small business people on fiverr as a way of giving back. But, certainly don’t depend on this system as your income source. Remember, multiple, small streams of money add up to bigger money and that’s how it done. Don’t depend on one source otherwise you’ll be in trouble.

I’m new here, and I don’t really need to earn a lot of money every month. In fact, I have Social Security, so I’m only allowed to earn a certain amount a month without losing some of that. To pay my bills and have $200 a month extra for myself and savings, I only need to make $30 a day, which is 6 orders a day, so I’m sure I have a lot of work to do. I only have one gig up right now, but I’m planning on putting up more. It’s hard not to want to underprice myself to get started, but I just can’t do that. I think it’s best to set a precedent of what you are worth, even if it means waiting longer for well-paying buyers.

If and when I get up to $30 a day, I will consider using this as my only source of income, but I’m a writer, so I have a ton of competition. I need to figure out some other gigs that are faster and easier for me.

Guest funnydrawingguy

I consider my situation to be fairly unique. I work at an indoor water park resort where I run a caricature stand. When I’m not drawing the guests at the resort, I work on my gig orders. So I can do my full time job while I also do fiverr work. I wouldn’t say that I’ve quit my full time job to do fiverr, but I am a full time artist now, which I wasn’t a year ago, and fiverr has helped me get there.

Fiverr may not be 100% of my income, but it is a great way to diversify and create stability in an otherwise turbulent freelance market.

Archived