Has anyone quit their job to just do Fiverr work? I'd love to! Check out my gig!

kim_talented

I’m already working as a freelance graphics and webdesigner, but my “Draw Monsters” gig is raking in tons of unexpected money at the moment and I’m wondering about focusing on it more and seeing if it could be a full time income… 🙂 It’s a fun side income anyway!

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, i am working on Fiverr after leaving my 9 to 6 job. I was previously working as content writer in a publishing firm and now I am working as freelance content writer. With little patience and hard work, at the moment I am earning around $1000 a month just by writing. I work at least 3 to 4 hours a day on Fiverr!

Yes im .in fast im steward in colombo hilton hotel . just now i getting married so i want spend more times with my wife so quit my steward job and join with fiverr . now im do full time job in fiverr this is my life and this is my job . i just love this job . in my young age i drop my studies because my family is very poor . but i love to study about internet and more graphic things . now i have lot of time to contunie my studies . now i earn more than 300 $ per month in fiverr . this enough to me . but i give my best to increase my sales . now im doing web devoloping diploma in sri lanka . i love fiverr . fiverr is my life

I’ve been in the Freelance game since April, 2011, starting out on Elance. Working on Elance full time, I am able to generate enough income to work from home. Getting sick of bidding on jobs daily to keep up with my budget, I decided to try Fiverr just to see how it would work out. I’ve been working on Fiverr for about a month now, and I’ve made close to $600.00. Not enough to quit Elance (though I wish I could), but at least I have enough for a mac mini 🙂

Some advice a friend once gave me…and being a self-made multi-millionaire he probably has a pretty good idea of what he’s talking about…

Before you venture off and quite your job to start/work your own business, run that business ‘while’ you do your job bank 6 months worth of paychecks. Don’t touch them, solely living off your own business. If you can do that then quit. Not only quite but seriously celebrate.

If you can sustain yourself for six months on your own and bank 6 months worth of paychecks, when you do have slow times you’ll have the income to survive through them.

Wishing everyone success here on Fiverr

Cheers

A Long time buyer…

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve only just gotten started, but with the rapid success of my art gigs (which I’ve had to suspend just to keep up with orders) I can see it becoming a reliable source of income pretty soon. I’m glad there’s a big market here for creative work, and so far, a great community and lots of patient folks.

I already work from home, mainly in advertising, but if I could earn a living doing drawings etc, that would be awesome. Right now I’ve become a bit stuck with one specific service I offer, but Fiverr promises to be a way for me to switch to other services I love, and variety breeds creativity.

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest, I DID THAT. For a little over a year, I have been working on fiverr ONLY. The price of regular gig is $5 but when you think about it-it is not ONLY $5. I earn around 5 times more than the average in my country by working only on fiverr.

For me, it is the best thing in my life (after my wife and my baby girl) and I wish it lasts forever.

Good luck to everyone.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest theowl89

I quit from my first workplace, then I don’t really quit from the second chair. Just leave for a while because I think of a good chance in the future on them. OH! Also I still keep my association with one of Japan NGO where I have work for them since I was a college guy. We still keep in touch and probably would visit their country this year. Found a chance of dating my girlfriend over there. Wish me luck, buddy 😃

I FIVERR Monday thru Friday & DJ on the weekends. I am making about half of why I want too on FIVERR but I have really only been working it for 2 months now. I have made just about 1000 dollars in 2 months just on FIVERR. I supplement FIVERR and my DJ gig which I will never let go of.

I think I’m in the middle of a transition 🙂 I notice that I’m getting more and more orders on fiverr, but I’m not there yet for quitting other activities (although I’m lucky enough that I’m working for myself for about a year now after moving to Italy, so I kind of love my other activities). What I find interesting is that the more you invest into fiverr, the more you get out of it. So I suspect it’s a gradual process - I think it’s important to find the sweet spot when you can let go of your old job and invest that extra time into fiverr; if you’re dedicated, professional and have the right skills I don’t see why you wouldn’t make it to the top. 🙂

But as you see, someone does not have moeny savings as this will help you while stepping up to be a freelance proffessional.

It is hard to live with Fiverr, if you don’t become a proffessional and have your own potential regular clients. I do graphic design and have made about 50 regular clients who don’t let me down, they keep giving me work to do more and more.

Archived