Report Feature for Misuse of Buyer Requests [ARCHIVED]

Seriously, can this be addressed. If it has already I apologize I looked,although I didn’t give searching a lot of time on this! Throughout EVERY day when I go to look through the list of buyer request all I see are people posting their gigs and what they can do. This makes responding to potential buyers really hard and frustrating since we have to skip over most of these. I admit I posted one of my services there one time when I first started ONLY because I thought this was normal. Upon reaching Level 1 seller status I found out how annoying it really was!

And the worst of them all are the sellers who just post one stupid line like “Creative Design” WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT!? All of the offers that you receive from request like that are other sellers trying to sell you their gigs because they misunderstood what you were actually trying to do.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest peppermint_wish

This is ridiculous!
Today i finally found a gig request to bid on, yay! I proceed with a custom order, and the buyer contacts me with more details. (before reading the message, i’m thinking) YAY!!
While I read the message, i find out that i’m supposed to complete it pro-bono [aka for free]!! BOOOOO!!! TT-TT
When will we have a report button? I can only report other sellers, as far as i noticed, but not buyers and not their requests!

[i politely wrote to the client i’m unable to provide pro-bono services, and told them that nobody here is willing to do so… well, at least this is my impression. and No, $5 is not pro-bono unless you’re a super billionaire]

• 1 month later...

Seriously?? Ok, let me start by saying - I have noticed that Buyer Requests is better than it was. But I just saw this posted by a seller:

" Sep 04
I have 12 years experience in this field and having good typing speed. I have feedback 4.66 in [FontHaunt remove competitor NAME]. I have good IELTS score. My s***e id is: [FontHaunt removed s***e ID]."

Come on, Fiverr. How hard can it be to either edit this out (preferred) before it hits the Buyer Requests page OR to at least offer and easy option for Community moderation where a certain number of flags gets it removed?

Reply to @arty182925: I have wondered that. I know some requests don’t get approved since I have seen buyers post about it. My best guess is that they randomly review 1 out of ? like random luggage searches. The rest must be posted unread. I don’t really know, but it’s not working. I posted the example above because of obvious keywords like fragglesrock (freelance site) and s***e ID. Awfully hard to miss those.

Reply to @adi_bm: Is Fiverr still working on this or has that plan been scrapped? I just saw a seller posting in BR with their offer, their rating on another freelancing site, and their s***e ID. If you need volunteers to manually look at incoming requests, I would volunteer. I bet there are other forum sheriffs and proven sellers/buyers who would also help if you need more than one person.

Maddie

I’m glad Fiverr added a budget field to buyer requests and what I assume is supposed to be the expected turnaround time (duration?) because I do take those into consideration when I’m browsing.

I’m also glad they allow buyers to upload an image since I eat up a lot of characters in my offers asking to see a sample of the image they want me to work with.

What I’d like to see is an increase in the characters displayed so that we don’t have to click “see more” whenever a request is more than a couple of lines.

The category is just adding more clutter to the screen unless you can filter requests by category rather than keyword, though I wouldn’t use that feature in case I missed something out of category that actually fits.

I mention all of that to say that while I appreciate the positive changes being made to buyer requests and care about future ones they could make, none of it matters if I’m not even looking at buyer requests thanks to seller spam. I’d rather they fix that than add new features.

Between seller ads and the increase in sketchy “fake paperwork so I can get a bank account, fake medical/academic qualifications, fake financial documents” garbage, I stopped looking at buyer requests weeks ago.

My favorites are the ones who say, “It’s just a novelty gift!” Right. Because I can remember the many many nones of times I or anyone else on the planet has said, “Happy birthday, buddy! Here’s a totally realistic utilities bill with your name and address on it! What a gas! Pun intended!”

I used to check buyer requests daily from the time I discovered it and it’s where around half of my buyers have come from, including repeat buyers, because I choose not to advertise my Fiverr elsewhere.

So I’d like it to be usable and having the first ten things I see every time I go to it now be either seller spam or a potential terrorist for all I know trying to get someone to help them fake their way onto a plane isn’t usable to me.

• 2 weeks later...

There should be a spam button to report such sellers in the Buyer’s Request section.
For the past few weeks i am observing more and more sellers posting in Buyer’s Request section and now it has come to the point where there are more seller requests in “Buyer’s Request” section saying “I will get your work done within 2 hours” etc… than actual buyer’s.

Thank you fonthuant for this link inside of my discussion. 🙂

Anyway, even though i pointed out back at may how much sellers are advertising under the buyers requests, now, 4 months later it is more and more of them. To the point I just quit on using that feature of fiverr, because some of them even write their requests on a way you actually think they need service they offer.

Anyway I want to suggest to fiverr support and community to actually add spam report and hide buttons, how scrolling trough buyers requests would actually be what it should be.

Also, I do have something new to add, I had one potential buyer who asked me for my price on certain design after I told him how much I value that type of work usually over custom offers or with GIG extras, they told me eat shit and many other things…so, I think it would be ok to have a button where we can report inappropriate language like that to site moderation. I don t mind it, my usual response is you can find another designer you can afford and have a nice day; but it is really ugly that people allow themselves such a low levels of communication on the site which has a professional and business related purpose.

Reply to @pfpgogo: and yeah I saw same requests you talk about, and most interesting is that there are actually sellers which apply for jobs like that. I think fiverr needs moderation to look out for things like that. It is not a small thing to do things like that, it is actually a crime, and illegal… For like bday gifts and jokes with friends, nobody would ask for authentic stuffs.

I was just browsing again trough buyers requests, and seriously, will someone already do something about it? I mentioned this issue first time like 4 months ago…and nothing changed. Should we all just start advertising our service in buyer requests???

Reply to @fonthaunt: It is not just that, also as someone all ready mentioned this, there are buyers requesting realistic designs of diplomas, passports, id-s… I am not sure that is something what people should be doing.

Anyway about topic, will fiverr admin or moderation team consider adding report button on buyer requests, so when we see sellers there advertising to report them, so mods can like talk with them, in some cases (when beginners do it) it might be just that they still didn t catch up with how fiverr works, so it requires to explain them, and in case when people with like level 1 and 2 do it, they should be warned.

• 3 weeks later...

Knocking on the Fiverr steel door again since this topic is up again but in spite of staff assurance we still seem stuck:"
“Product Team
adi_bm
24th Jun 2015 at 10:55 AM
Hi everyone, I wanted to update that the Fiverr team is aware of this issue and working to solve it. Fiverr is working on new tools to moderate the requests better and remove requests from users who are abusing this feature.”

Anybody home?

See also: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/fake-buyer-requests-are-getting-out-of-control/

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I know, I’m beating a dead horse but seriously Fiverr staff??? @adi_bm or anyone? This gets approved??

" Nov 13 Please I need help 71X-3XX-4XXX"

My copy/paste is edited to remove the actual number but it’s live and well on the Buyer Requests page. No way to flag it, report it, or otherwise moderate it. I love you guys on staff, but this kind of thing needs attention.

Archived