New Feature: Structured Order Requirements

natalieab

We’ve released a new feature to help improve communication on Order requirements based on your feedback. As of today, you can add multiple order requirement fields and have the option to make fields mandatory for the buyer to fill out. Please feel free to edit your Gig and make those changes next to the Instructions to Buyer section.

It’s very important to note that this feature applies to all of your Gigs. We are aware of a display issue with Gigs that have very long messages in their old requirements box, you are encouraged now to divide your Gig requirements in to multiple fields so that you and your buyer are able to see the requirements in the Order page. Once the changes have been made, they’ll apply to New orders. We apologize in advanced if this was an inconvenience for any new orders after the release.

Additional note: If your Gig is saved and moved to the Pending status, please know that our team is reviewing your Gig for approval and will notify you if there are any issues that come up. Pending Gigs can take a few hours or up to a day to approve depending on the volume sent in, your patience is appreciated.

Seller Side:

d7l5bbi2x5xo4.cloudfront.net/cloud_files/1210/original/image_2_.png

Buyer Side:

d7l5bbi2x5xo4.cloudfront.net/cloud_files/1211/original/image_3_.png

I noticed the problem with formatting on the order threads yesterday. When you introduce a new feature like this it’d be helpful to get a heads-up in advance and some screenshots to give sellers an idea of how it works. Unless you’re also an active buyer on the site, it can be difficult to have an idea of what things are like from a buyer’s point of view.

To be honest I liked it better the way it used to be. Why? There are lots of sellers who just place an order and never fill in the requirements field, causing the order to get stuck and never be activated. I simply left the instructions field empty, so that the order is activated instantly, and there is no problem on neither the buyer’s nor our end since the instructions are clearly explained in the gig description. Now you cannot save your gig without filling the requirements for buyers. Frustrating in my opinion.

deanstokes said: When you introduce a new feature like this it'd be helpful to get a heads-up in advance and some screenshots to give sellers an idea of how it works. Unless you're also an active buyer on the site, it can be difficult to have an idea of what things are like from a buyer's point of view.

THIS!

In business, you don't spring up something new the day of launch, it would be courteous and professional to give the Fiverr community a notification in advanced of things that are soon to come. This way everyone can learn, prepare and plan accordingly.

I always think that we need instructions. I never had success with instant order start. Some people just order by mistake and later cancel the order. The more fields exist to explain the gig and service the better. Some buyers have their own misconception on how much they are going to extract from sellers and often in unfair way. Settings the instruction to buyer in strict order would mean that they dont over demand and also don’t harass.

Thanks for the update Fiverr team.

Wow, this is amazing.

I love that setting these fields is optional so the gigs that don’t need it aren’t imposed on by it and that there are two so those that really do can get that extra info.

Thank you for giving us OPTIONS.

Fantastic!

Edit: So, I totally misunderstood that feature.

Asking for information that’s ‘optional’ for the client to provide seems like asking for clutter information that buyers will spare the time to think about, get an image in their head, then not fill in, and later be unhappy because they didn’t get what they thought they asked for. I’ll stick to the non-optional requirements fields, but thank you for giving us more than one of them.

Some feedback,

I would much prefer that the Customer Answers were in bold, and the questions were in regular, so the valuable information stood out more than the inquiry. Or perhaps simply put the questions in italics. See how this sort of fades softly away while the bold is where the attention is still really going?

Is any of that a possibility? I’m really finding that my questions in the bold are a little cluttering and very distracting, particularly because clients only need to give short answers to my long questions.

Thank you.

I’d prefer something like redirecting buyers directly to the order page (without having to click anything like the current system) Or some kind of pop up reminding them to submit information. I mean anything to tell them the order hasn’t started yet.

That feature is really helpful, but we need an update to make it perfect:

tying in gig extras to specific instruction fields.

So when someone purchases a gig with gig extra A, that specific A instruction box will appear. If he purchases gig extra B, only instructions box B is to appear.

It’s helpful for sellers who offer different versions of the same gig for different set prices.

Who’s with me? 🙂

Archived