Hey everyone (especially voice artists, but everyone) - how is the built in Zoom feature?

terrygrantvo

I get asked occasionally to do directed reads (sometimes via Zoom), in which case I have to find a polite way to explain how all communication has to take place here, and so that isn't really going to work out the way they'd like.

That said, I've never actually tried the built in zoom feature, so I'm curious if anyone has ever used it within the context of an order. Have you used it to take direction from a client? Can you loop in a 3rd party who isn't the client? (meaning my client's client) Can you mute just the client side audio (when recording), or do you have to mute yourself?

Curious what everyone's experiences have been.

cheers 🙂

• Like 9

I have used it (reluctantly) a couple of times. Call gets scheduled instantly on pressing the button on the order page (at whatever time we have fixed for the call) - we don't need to schedule it in advance and send out invites.  

Fiverr records the call and buyer gets notified about it (PS my buyer was slightly offended about it.). I believe mute function works at respective ends and it does not provide admin privileges to mute others. (not 100% sure about it though). 

And regarding adding 3rd party, help page says - Yes, they can also be invited. 

image.png.23e44d93cbe708815da5f4a259c81aa4.png

• Like 13

@terrygrantvo I use the Zoom feature for every client.  

Becuase I have request to order turned on, I am able to onboard all of my clients, talk through thier needs and come up with a plan before sending a custom order through.  If I am unable to do a job, I can clearly explain my reasons why on the call and direct them to someone else who can help. 

It works great for website design, as I can then close the order with a final Zoom call and bolt on a training session as an add on. To date I have probably done 500+ Zoom calls using this system.  

It works great for my niche, as it makes the process a lot slicker, but I can understand how others may not like it. 

Hope this helps

• Like 10
  • Support 1

It works OK for writing. Had some small issues from time to time (link wouldn't work, called dropped, etc.) but it's not - too - bad. I like to have a quick call before bigger projects (aka full games / etc.) to ensure that we're on the same page. 

I'd try it out and see if it works for you! 

• Like 10

It works fine also in Engineering. Personally, I prefer having a call with customers because some of them have a difficulty in explaining everything in writing. A call with some gesture, sharing screen really help a lot. It saves time also to avoid a lot of back and forth.

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

I can't get it to work properly, I think. I don't know for sure. I assume when you click the camera button the session launches and your client automatically gets an invitation to it, but no one has ever been able to get into the session with the auto-generated link. So, I have to copy/paste the link from within Zoom into the Fiverr chat. I have done this for introductory meetings where we discuss the project and needs.

I have only used it for live direction outside of Fiverr and I will say the app is poo in comparison to the browser version when it comes to live audio playback from a screenshare. 

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I can't get it to work properly, I think. I don't know for sure. I assume when you click the camera button the session launches and your client automatically gets an invitation to it, but no one has ever been able to get into the session with the auto-generated link. So, I have to copy/paste the link from within Zoom into the Fiverr chat. I have done this for introductory meetings where we discuss the project and needs.

I have only used it for live direction outside of Fiverr and I will say the app is poo in comparison to the browser version when it comes to live audio playback from a screenshare. 

Yeah, these are the things that concern me. Zoom isn't exactly a smooth experience under the best of circumstances, and my track record with Fiverr's 'collaborative features' is uh, not great.

I can't afford to test this out in a paid session, but I don't see another way to do so. I wonder what Fiverr had in mind when they added live direction as a gig extra. I wonder how specifically they expect it would all work.

• Like 5
  • Support 1

1 minute ago, terrygrantvo said:

Yeah, these are the things that concern me. Zoom isn't exactly a smooth experience under the best of circumstances, and my track record with Fiverr's 'collaborative features' is uh, not great.

I can't afford to test this out in a paid session, but I don't see another way to do so. I wonder what Fiverr had in mind when they added live direction as a gig extra. I wonder how specifically they expect it would all work.

I'd happily experiment with you through Fiverr's integration of it, but...I don't even know if that would be allowed. We aren't supposed to be contacting one another, right?

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, suncicaivanovic said:

Fiverr has an built in Zoom? Dang it, that wouldn't solve my problems, but could be usefull.

If your average order is over $50 then you can invite someone to a Zoom meeting from within your main inbox and within active orders . If it's less than $50, you can only send invitations within orders. 

zoom.png

• Like 5