Picking the Right Freelancers: Analyzing Seller Levels

While navigating the marketplace in search of sellers, you’ll notice various tags and badges associated with each seller. These indicators are designed to inform buyers like you on the ranking and quality of each seller so you can make an informed decision when selecting a freelancer for your project. 

Presently, we implement a tiered leveling system to categorize sellers based on several different criteria. Check out what each means below: 

• New Seller: This is where all sellers start when first joining the platform.
  • Level 1: Once sellers maintain a 4.4+ rating and earn $400 from at least three distinct clients, they are awarded this badge. 
  • Level 2: This occurs after sellers have worked with 10 unique clients, generated $2,000, and maintained a 4.6+ rating. 
  • Top Rated Seller: These are the sellers who have worked with a minimum of 20 unique clients, generated over $10,000, and maintained a 4.7 rating. Plus, before earning this badge they went through an extensive manual evaluation by our team to ensure excellence in work quality, customer experience, and satisfaction.

Top Rated Sellers may seem like the no-brainer choice for buyers. However, it's crucial to understand that terms like 'New Seller' or 'Level 1' don't always signify a lower-quality seller. It could merely indicate a seller's less extensive order history compared to their more experienced counterparts. There are many excellent sellers in all of our levels, and we urge you to keep them all in mind when looking for the perfect freelancer for your project. 

The main thing to note is that regardless what level a seller is at, it’s still important to take the time to vet them thoroughly by examining their portfolio and reviews. This will help ensure you’re choosing someone who can deliver the quality work you're seeking.

More to come on vetting sellers soon, and as always, know you can reach out to one of our dedicated Customer Success Managers for help finding your perfect match here.

• Like 50
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2024 at 8:14 AM, nasir_always said:

How can I achieve the seller level soon?

When you complete criteria for level one, you'll get the level one seller status. For checking the criteria, please check the level overview page.

• Like 14

On 6/27/2024 at 10:14 PM, nasir_always said:

How can I achieve the seller level soon?

Hi there! You can learn more about the requirements for each level here.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @Kesha for your post about seller levels. There are so many ways you can sort out whether a seller is the right one for you. 

Many sellers and buyers are all business and can be to the point and some are a bit more relaxed and open to sharing a few other details like where they are in the world, the weather, holiday plans etc.. If you are trying to gauge how someone communicates and if they are a good fit beyond the seller level, then sending a message will quickly uncover their communication style.

Whatever the seller level, if communication is important to you in this world of chat bots and AI, it’s up to you to uncover the details that will make a successful pairing of buyer and seller.

Badges can play a big part but they are not everything. It took me years to understand the importance of badges and how to pay attention to the details of getting one, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t mastered the skills in life, it just means I need to follow the steps on Fiverr to  earn a badge …and that takes time and a genuine passion to be excellent one detail at a time.

I feel so proud of the people who earn badges on Fiverr because I know how hard they are to earn. Levels and badges sort out the quality and longevity of sellers and buyers but it takes time, so if you are looking for a good fit, send a message and see what happens. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2024 at 5:12 PM, offerdispose said:

What about pro-seller? you did not explain about it

Hi there! Pro is not considered a level. It is a badge. I delve more into it in this article here.

• Like 11
  • Up 1
  • Insightful 1

For me, if I hire someone it depends on the communication rather than the levels because I saw some of the sellers before who have lvl 2 but their communication is very poor. They can't even get where is the pain point and what he actually needs to do. So for me communication makes me believe to place an order on a person's profile 

• Like 13

On 7/26/2024 at 10:05 PM, jabirahamed20 said:

For me, if I hire someone it depends on the communication rather than the levels because I saw some of the sellers before who have lvl 2 but their communication is very poor. They can't even get where is the pain point and what he actually needs to do. So for me communication makes me believe to place an order on a person's profile 

1000%. I completely agree with this and strongly urge all buyers to vet sellers for effective communication before placing an order with them. 

• Like 14
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yo, so I've been diving into the Fiverr forums, and I saw this post about seller levels. It's cool to see how they break it down, but honestly, badges don't always tell the whole story.

I'm Muzzamil, a WordPress whiz, and while those levels are a starting point, you gotta look deeper. Check out their portfolio, read what clients say, and see if their vibe matches your project. Don't just go for the shiny badge!

If you're looking for a WordPress guru, hit me up on Fiverr (Profile Link). Let's chat about your website!

• Like 8

14 hours ago, mandyzines said:

Also, some Level 2 sellers qualify for Top Rated and can wait years for their manual review.

Exactly! This is why we stress to buyers that it's important to examine sellers beyond just their levels. 

• Like 12

On 6/25/2024 at 11:47 AM, Kesha said:

• Top Rated Seller: These are the sellers who have worked with a minimum of 20 unique clients, generated over $10,000, and maintained a 4.7 rating. Plus, before earning this badge they went through an extensive manual evaluation by our team to ensure excellence in work quality, customer experience, and satisfaction.

Thank you @Kesha When I was granted Top Rated Seller, you had to earn at least $20,000. Fiverr has made it more achievable than ever to be granted this badge.

But it not just a numbers badge, it’s a people’s badge. You have to understand the nuances of business communication and order deliveries.

Think about when you buy anything, you want the person who helped you to be kind, professional, answer your questions, be humble and a bit articulate and smile at you… go the extra mile to help you! It’s the same thing here. No matter your level, you can see the sellers patterns arise at all levels. 

What are your patterns? 

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2024 at 12:07 PM, lankarasadi said:

Do you have any idea why I haven't reached the top level, even though I've met all the criteria?

Hi there! 

There are lots of different factors that goes into becoming Top Rated. I write about them here.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to give you specifics about your account, but your dedicated Success Manager would be a great resource to help. Please reach out to them with help on this question. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, lankarasadi said:

Do you have any idea why I haven't reached the top level, even though I've met all the criteria?

This is probably not the answer you want to hear, but the reality is that most sellers never get the TRS badge.
It’s like running a marathon: many manage to finish, but very few reach the podium

• Like 6

• Kesha pinned this topic