Handling spam messages

Kesha

10 hours ago, luco197776 said:

Estoy leyendo a diferentes usuarios y veo que estamos expuestos

en un océano de estafas 

Parece que ha habido un gran ataque de estafa a los vendedores. Casi todos los vendedores están experimentando este problema.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, afridiibrar said:

asking to redirect to external sites (like X) for placing orders, rather than using the Fiverr platform.

What are the best practices for handling such requests? How can we encourage clients to place orders directly through Fiverr and prevent them from redirecting to other sites?

Direct violation of the Fiverr ToS.

Report and block, as those are NOT 'clients' those are (in 99% of situations) scammers and phishing attempts. In the 1% of situations where it might (MIGHT) be an actual person interested in services, consider that they either didn't read the ToS (in which case, do you really want to be forming a business contract with someone who has already show that they don't read contracts) or they have read the ToS and either don't understand it (again, not a good sign), or they're ignoring it (intentional rule-breaker). 

• Like 9
  • Up 2

On 6/3/2024 at 2:50 PM, texvox said:

Not a tiny-home owner at the moment, but my wife and I have looked into this several times. It's a fun option for those of us who live more of our lives outside than in. 

Are you just looking for permanent tiny-home structures, or have you consider THOW (tiny homes on wheels)? The permanent structure is, well, more permanent, but with that comes certain tax obligations and other requirements, vs having a tiny home on wheels which does not necessarily count as a dwelling in the traditional sense when it comes to taxation and land valuation. The only downside is that THOWs aren't necessarily allowed everywhere in the US for one reason or another, even as ADUs (accessory dwelling units).

If you're only interested in more permanent tiny homes, like a small cabin, you'll want to take into consideration the costs of setting a foundation and running more permanent electricity and water utilities (whether city water or a well), which can add up pretty darn quick depending on your land and your build location on that land.

On 5/30/2024 at 11:59 AM, Kesha said:

At Fiverr, we strive to maintain a safe and secure platform for our users. While we have certain security measures and protocols in place, we encourage you to remain vigilant for spam messages while engaging on our platform.

Spam messages are defined as any unwanted and repeatedly occurring communications that are disruptive to the recipient’s experience. These messages often aim to deceive users into engaging in compromising behavior. Examples of common scams to look out for include false payment requests, offline communication requests, and phishing. Here are some tips to help you detect spam messages:

• Our Customer Support team will never ask for your password, credit card information, or any other personal details. If for any reason we need to verify your payment information, we will only ask for the first six or the last four digits of your card.
  • Fiverr’s Customer Support team will never contact you through your Fiverr inbox. All communications from them will be through a support ticket.
  • All order-related payments are handled through the order process on our platform. We will never contact you about an outstanding balance or send a QR code or payment link for payment.
  • Users with deceptive intentions may encourage you to communicate or do business off the Fiverr platform. To avoid violating our Terms of Service and leaving yourself susceptible to a scam, never share your email address, phone number, or other contact information with users. If an off-platform order goes wrong, we will be unable to advocate for you or help you recover financial losses.
  • Be cautious of threatening messages, such as account lockout, debts, or legal threats. These are common tactics used by hackers. 
  • If a user sends a suspicious link, hover over it to verify it’s not directing to a malicious site before clicking it. 

Spam messages can occur in a variety of different forms. If you are unsure of the validity to a particular message, always feel free to report it or reach out to Customer Support. For more information on managing spam messages, visit our Help Center article here.    

Is this spam because I keep getting asked to verify my account - 2nd time in 2 weeks - here is a screenshot - please advise on what I do because I just gave my debit card info

fiver-ver.png

• Like 9

Guest deng112
On 7/21/2024 at 11:08 PM, jimkernicky said:

这是垃圾邮件吗,因为我不断被要求验证我的帐户 - 2 周内第二次 - 这是屏幕截图 - 请告知我做什么,因为我刚刚提供了我的借记卡信息

这是垃圾邮件。请举报。

It's spam. Please report it.

Hello @rawalkhan1917 

Thank you so much for reporting that user so that we can take the appropriate steps. Please know that we are aware of that issue and are actively working to resolve it. 

Remember that we strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you once again. 

• Like 9

Have a look to this screenshots i have received this messages from this 2 buyers today now look at their profile photo and names and the link that they have sended to me its clear that this people trying to scam you. Those are malicious link if you click on those links its may be possible that your device will be hacked. This is the 2nd time i'm receiving this type of malicious urls but this time i didn't open the url. I don't want to get in any trouble just because of fiverr careless security last time i clicked on those link and after 2 days my amazon account got hacked some how i able to recover the account and changed the passwords and username of both my google and amazon account. This never happened with me before. 

I want to know if something wrong happen and my fiverr account got hacked today or worse my data has been leaked by someone then who will be responsible for this. Do fiverr even check the urls before sending to someone or they just know to cut commission

Thank you

Screenshot 2024-07-23 101811.png

Screenshot 2024-07-23 102210.png

• Like 8

Hey, good day

You can find several other threads related to this issue, just in simple words I can suggest you below tips:

- Fiverr will never msg you in inbox, they can email you or give you notification (They don't have any account).
- No link is allowed in Fiverr, except Zoom meeting and some others which are used for transferring the project or even sometimes we get online project (Make sure you don't click on any suspicious link).
- After receiving msg from client, check joining date, mostly scammers are using very new accounts as they are getting blocked after each attempt.
- Check reviews, almost no scammer will have review.

Thank you and all the best!

• Like 7

Hi @vishalsahu98, I recommend that you read our ToS. These messages you got were not sent from Fiverr, so opening any external links was against the rules, and there's no way of keeping your account safe outside the platform. You should learn more about how Fiverr works, how it looks like when someone places a genuine order, etc. before you continue using the platform. It seems that this user was reported and blocked in the meantime, feel free to report any other user in the future. Good luck with your future endeavours 🍀

• Like 7

I do also receiving such kinda messages in recent times. After a while the chat is deleted or they're leaving by blocking. I don't understand what is going on. And all this is happening in the name of Fiverr Team.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR sulfyjeena75.png

Screenshot_2024-07-23-11-02-10-95_5858a19279ddd3b9634277a5bf37e3bf.jpg

attachment-20240722-1-5j5t0t-Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 11.29.58 PM.png

attachment-20240722-1-jxjo1h-IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR sulfyjeena75.png

Screenshot_2024-07-23-11-02-06-45_5858a19279ddd3b9634277a5bf37e3bf.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Sellers,
I'm new to Fiverr. And since I activated my Gigs, I just received scam messages, many times every day. Sometimes I'm tired of them and must inactivate my availability to stop them. But this way won't be easy to get any orders. It confused me about Fiverr, this will be going on all the time?

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Guys be careful,  a new spam tactic you should avoid to collect your personal information.

Spammer message:

Hi, I've rеsеаrсhed multiplе оptions, аnd I'm imрrеssеd bу yоur wоrk's exсeptiоnal quality аnd vаluе. Hоwevеr, I'm hаving troublе сomрlеting thе рауmеnt as thе wеbsitе requirеs yоur еmаil аddrеss. Сould уоu рlеase sharе it with me sо I саn finаlizе thе рurсhаsе?

spacer.png

Spammer use the browser developers tools to modify HTML elements, Fiverr will never ask such information with any payment.

• Like 7