FIVER BANK ACCOUNT AND CARD DETAILS

shahzebhaider1

Question

I WAS APPROACHED BY FIVER HELP CENTER AND ASKED FOR MY BANK DETAILS AND CARD DETAILS ALONG WITH THE  VERIFICATION CODES SENT BY MY BANK. MY 150 EUROS HAVE BEEN DEDUCTED. IT WAS A MESSAGE FROM FIVER SUPPORT CENTER. I HAVE CONTACTED FIVER HELP CENTRE BUT NO RESPONSE SO FAR.

AD.webp

20240424_150917.jpg

Screenshot_20240424_123825_Fiverr.jpg

Screenshot_20240424_151349_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240424_151315_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240424_151331_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

11 answers to this question

4 hours ago, shahzebhaider1 said:

I WAS APPROACHED BY FIVER HELP CENTER AND ASKED FOR MY BANK DETAILS AND CARD DETAILS

You were approached by a scammer who was pretending to be a Staff Member of Fiverr. Fiverr never approaches you through inbox and asks for personal details, especially credit card details. Here are some steps you can take:

- Refrain from entering any personal information or credit card information.
- Block the user (it's just a normal user who is pretending to be Fiverr support).
- Report the profile to Fiverr so they can ban that fake profile.

Also the website you're visiting is "fiverr.id487514.com". Please note that "fiverr" is just a sub-domain and anyone can have it (or literally any random keyword) on their primary domain. The real domain here is "id487514.com" and this domain is not affiliated with Fiverr in any way.

• Like 3
  • Up 5

15 hours ago, michmikaia said:

can you check this please?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. 

Hi @shahzebhaider1, this is a clear scam, our Customer Support team will get back to you shortly, however, I recommend contacting your bank directly, since this cannot be resolved by the CS team. I also recommend reading our Terms of Service, Community Standards and Privacy Policy, even though nobody wants to 'waste time' with that, knowing the information would have prevented you from providing your bank details. Hope your bank will be able to reverse the transaction when you report this. Good luck 🍀

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I too received the message on my inbox this morning from the id - @id6883447326 with the same QR Code, that I cannot place or receive order. Fortunately, i didn't pay.

@fiverr Please ensure this platform is safer from the scammers.  Please block all the user names contains "support" and "Fiverr" and also ensure no user names are created like this.

Edited by karthik_360
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, karthik_360 said:

Please block all the user names contains "support" and "Fiverr" and also ensure no user names are created like this.

Though it's the "display name" fields that they're adding "Support Fiverr" or "Fiverr Support" to usually so it's things like that that Fiverr should check for (if they are already checking for it in the username field - that one staff member said was the case).

Though I've checked and there are usernames created this year with "Fiverr" as part of them that aren't staff I think.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Up 1

29 minutes ago, aamirhussain906 said:

I also recieve this message from and he told me that he had just made a payment and he will share the details in couple of hours. It is requested to fiverr, kindly block the scammers. Thank you

Kindly report that buyer immediately and avoid providing any personal or bank/payment details to anyone on Fiverr. It's a scam. Fiverr can take an action against that account only if you report it.

I almost had the same experience. The person chatting me advised that my card needs to have a certain amount. They then asked for my card number, CVV, expiration date, and OTP. I felt awkward as they were giving me pressure with time when I told them that I need to verify this "so-called" verification process. Told them that I am verifying this process with Fiverr community chat group and they advised that I have a minute left to enter the OTP. Seriously?

at a glance - it should be normal Fiverr support team doesn't usually ask for credit card details seems like a scammer in action!
Please take proper action - fiverr support doesn't approach you through inbox - if 150 euros were DEDUCTED from your account please take action through your bank and explain the situation.

• Like 5