Qr code scam Profile verification

Hi @geckotechgpt, please read our Terms of Service, you'll see that our Customer Support team never contacts you via chat. You'll also find info on how to proceed with scammers like this one, so that the team can block them from the platform. If you need any additional reading material on how to become successful, feel free to let me know and I'll provide you with some reading material. Thanks for understanding and good luck 🍀

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ana_tomy said:

Hi @geckotechgpt, please read our Terms of Service, you'll see that our Customer Support team never contacts you via chat. You'll also find info on how to proceed with scammers like this one, so that the team can block them from the platform. If you need any additional reading material on how to become successful, feel free to let me know and I'll provide you with some reading material. Thanks for understanding and good luck 🍀

Instead of just expecting everyone to decipher the wall of legalese  TOS, maybe Fiverr should think about throwing up a warning about scams that misuse the Fiverr brand. This scam has been making the rounds for a while, and plenty of sellers have fallen right into it.

When your brand is getting abused like that, it's on you to step up and make sure sellers know what's up in a clear, no-nonsense way.

May I suggest a message at the top of the inbox, letting sellers know that any request for their credit card info isn't coming from Fiverr? Here, I'll even write it for you: 

"Fiverr support or Fiverr staff will never ask you to provide your credit card information or to use such information to verify your Fiverr account." 

P.S. Support might not contact you through chat, but Fiverr staff certainly do, including your editorial team. 

P.S.S. You're still allowing scammers to use "Support" and "Fiverr" in their usernames. 

🙃

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 7
  • Up 2

29 minutes ago, smashradio said:

May I suggest a message at the top of the inbox, letting sellers know that any request for their credit card info isn't coming from Fiverr? Here, I'll even write it for you: 

I suggested similar things here, so maybe Fiverr could do some of those things too:

• Like 7

1 minute ago, uk1000 said:

I suggested similar things here, so maybe Fiverr could do some of those things too:

Yeah it doesn't take much, but as usual, Fiverr is really slow to respond to scams and inbox spam. 

• Like 5
  • Up 3

7 hours ago, ana_tomy said:

please read our Terms of Service, you'll see that our Customer Support team never contacts you via chat

I don't see where it says in the TOS that the customer support team never contacts users via (the inbox) chat. Maybe it should say something like that in the TOS if it doesn't already, but it would be better if it also said it in a clear way such as through emails or message to all users who don't know about it, like has been suggested, talking specifically about the scam messages and how to spot them and report them. Maybe it could show a mock-up of what a scam message might look like for them to avoid it.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Неllо, this is а Fiverr suрроrt bоt! Yоur ассоunt is susресtеd оf раrtiсiраting in а frаudulеnt sсhеmе. Аll рауmеnts, inсluding fоr sоld gооds, аrе susреndеd until thе еnd оf thе рrосееdings. То аvоid соmрlеtе dеlеtiоn оf уоur Fiverr ассоunt, уоu must vеrifу уоur idеntitу nо lаtеr thаn 05/18/2024. Yоu will nееd tо vеrifу уоur idеntitу in оrdеr tо unlосk уоur ассоunt. Рlеаsе scan QR-code bеlоw аnd fоllоw thе instruсtiоns. Тhаnk уоu fоr уоur соореrаtiоn, Fiverr community.

Screenshot 2024-05-18 010707.png

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, ronok_ahmed said:

this is а Fiverr suрроrt bоt!

Scam! Block and report the user and ignore such messages where someone sends you a QR code or asks you to enter personal information, including email addresses, bank details, etc.

• Like 8

please i was asked to scan a qr code and then and money was deducted from my account. the "AI chat box" assures me that my money will be refunded in 30 minutes but its been almost 2 hours and nothing. Please is there a way i can contact the support team to refund my money.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, reemfire said:

please i was asked to scan a qr code and then and money was deducted from my account. the "AI chat box" assures me that my money will be refunded in 30 minutes but its been almost 2 hours and nothing. Please is there a way i can contact the support team to refund my money.

It was a scam. And you have lost your money now. You should not have scanned that QR code as it's not allowed on Fiverr. Report that buyer immediately.

Contact Fiverr Support via: Email: support@fiverr.com or Create a Ticket: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/

• Like 6

On 5/18/2024 at 12:15 PM, smartdezigns said:

It was a scam. And you have lost your money now. You should not have scanned that QR code as it's not allowed on Fiverr. Report that buyer immediately.

Contact Fiverr Support via: Email: support@fiverr.com or Create a Ticket: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/

Do i need to change my bank account or is my bank account safe??

Please has my bank details been exposed, will more money be removed from my account ??

• Like 5

• subrato_deb changed the title to i have got massage from Fiverr Support@id3215024343 that my account cannot able to receive new order. Please tell me this is real or fake??

Hi! I just started my first gigs in the platform, and already received moren than 20 messages of people wanted to contact me on telegram and two of them saying my account is blocked.

Is this platform even worth it? Or its just full of scammers?

Just asking cause its pretty annoying to receive all the time messages from scammers.

Thanks

• Like 6

i just got this following text. what should i do?

Неllо, оnе оf уоur itеms (рrоduсt оr sеrviсе) wаs rесеntlу sоld оn оur sitе. Аt thе mоmеnt wе саn't trаnsfеr mоnеу tо уоu bесаusе уоu hаvеn't vеrifiеd уоur ассоunt dеtаils. Рlеаsе vеrifу уоur ассоunt bу sсаnning thе Quаr соdе, оr уоu саn sеnd us аn еmаil in this сhаt whеrе уоu wоuld likе tо rесеivе instruсtiоns. Wе ароlоgizе fоr thе tеmроrаrу inсоnvеniеnсе. Аs а соmреnsаtiоn tо уоur ассоunt will bе сrеditеd bоnus 10$, whiсh уоu саn withdrаw tо уоur саrd оr usе fоr аdvеrtising оn оur sitе. Тimе fоr vеrifiсаtiоn is limitеd, аftеr 6 hоurs уоur ассоunt will be blocked. Sinсеrеlу, Fivеrr suрроrt tеаm

• Like 7

I also received this message and clicked the image without paying attention to the sender. However, the images didn't open in the browser; instead, it showed an error message saying "This page isn’t working." I reported it to Fiverr and blocked the user. Now, I'm not sure if it's safe for me, my device, or if my account is at risk. Any advice?

image.png

• Like 5

On 5/25/2024 at 5:52 AM, fatimaviral said:

Неllо, оnе оf уоur itеms (рrоduсt оr sеrviсе) wаs rесеntlу sоld оn оur sitе. Аt thе mоmеnt wе саn't trаnsfеr mоnеу tо уоu bесаusе уоu hаvеn't vеrifiеd уоur ассоunt dеtаils. Рlеаsе vеrifу уоur ассоunt bу sсаnning thе Quаr соdе, оr уоu саn sеnd us аn еmаil in this сhаt whеrе уоu wоuld likе tо rесеivе instruсtiоns. Wе ароlоgizе fоr thе tеmроrаrу inсоnvеniеnсе. Аs а соmреnsаtiоn tо уоur ассоunt will bе сrеditеd bоnus 10$, whiсh уоu саn withdrаw tо уоur саrd оr usе fоr аdvеrtising оn оur sitе. Тimе fоr vеrifiсаtiоn is limitеd, аftеr 6 hоurs уоur ассоunt will be blocked. Sinсеrеlу, Fivеrr suрроrt tеаm

Please avoid this msg, usually, the QR code redirects to a cloned website similar to Fiverr and convinces you to share your email or card information to proceed.
Please inform this to Fiverr support ---

support@fiverr.com

and don't proceed on this.
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

As @smartdezigns designed mentioned, this is a scam. We are diligently working to mitigate this issue. In the meantime, please check out my recent post here which highlights how to detect and handle spam messages on the platform. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Here's what happened. I'm a newbie. I just registered an account and received a message from someone claiming to be a Fiverr customer service, reminding me to verify my payment account through the QR code in his picture.

image.png.d2c667e7d1314d544b62e0df31a33be6.png

At this point I had no idea it was a scam account, the avatar, the name, everything was so reasonable, and Fiverr did not filter the account out for me!

amberji233.webp.b0815329892d429897c1e7d40f229b60.webp

Everything just happened like that. I used my phone to scan into the website (because Fiverr also scanned in to verify the account phone and ID information at the beginning, which made me not suspicious). After I was deducted more than $1000, I became a little suspicious and asked them to refund me or I would not verify again. Then I sent a message to ask a support request. Three days later I got a reply that this was really a scam!

image.png.6c0964eff832ae890aee789fea30df6b.png

Everything on their website looks so real! Except for that damn verification page, everything else is real! and the url: [link removed] Never click!

This experience has made me very depressed. [self-promotion removed]

Reminder again! Beware of scams! ! ! !😭😭😭 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, secrettea said:

I received this message too, almost clicked the link.. along with 83 (I counted) spam messages in less than 24 hours… is it normal ?

I was also surprised at the amount of spam they have, from the time I signed up till now (just a few days) every single message has been spam.

• Like 7