How do you handle sellers asking for work?

asifhassanantue

Question

Hello Freelancers, 

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to discuss a recurring challenge I've encountered on Fiverr, and I'm reaching out to seek your insights or advice.

One of my primary frustrations stems from receiving unsolicited messages from sellers, often seeking work or suggestions on how to enhance their presence on the platform. Initially, my response was to promptly report such messages as spam. However, this approach backfired as I noticed a decline in my response rate, prompting me to seek assistance from Fiverr Support.

These messages not only divert my attention but also create complications for me in managing my Fiverr interactions.

I am eager to explore alternative solutions to address this issue more effectively. If you have any recommendations or if there's a method you've found successful, I would greatly appreciate your insights.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

• Like 1
  • Up 1

7 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

You reply anything you want (you need to reply something so it doesn't count against you) and then you mark as spam.

True, I forgot that part. 🙈😂
I usually just press the " . " key before marking it as spam.

• Like 2

I used to tell them that it was a violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service, but they'd just keep asking for work. These days, I reply with something like "I'm sorry, but I'm not looking to hire", and then report and block them.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2024 at 4:25 AM, visualstudios said:

You reply anything you want (you need to reply something so it doesn't count against you) and then you mark as spam.

Yes, I'll start the conversation and then mark it as spam. Hopefully, this won't cause any response rate issue on my profile. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 1:35 PM, catwriter said:

I used to tell them that it was a violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service, but they'd just keep asking for work. These days, I reply with something like "I'm sorry, but I'm not looking to hire", and then report and block them.

I will try this one. Thanks 

• Like 2