Community Survey - Severely Flawed

melanielm

Today I got a notification to fill out a community survey about my experience with Fiverr. The survey is incredibly flawed. The first thing I noticed was that there was no place to share written observations or explanations for my answers. Besides that...

"Is Fiverr your primary source of income?"  -- The selections under this question are "I am a full-time freelancer" and "I am a part-time freelancer." These answers have nothing to do with the question. I AM a full-time freelancer, but Fiverr is absolutely NOT my primary source of income.

They ask about attending community events. There is no option for zero. I haven't.... not because I wouldn't want to, but because they are largely inaccessible for people with hearing difficulties. Of course, there is nowhere on the survey to tell them that.

Local Fiverr Club? That doesn't exist for me, so again, that survey question's results will be skewed. (The survey doesn't ask for location, although I assume they can figure that out easily enough.)

"Would you be interested in donating your time to nonprofit organization?" Yes, I do already, but that has nothing to do with Fiverr.

"Would you be interested in a local in-person volunteer opportunity?" Of course, we can assume they mean for Fiverr... but how could anyone honestly answer this if they know nothing about the opportunity.

"Have you shared feedback with Fiverr this year?" Yes... but I can't select more than one answer on the survey, so the results will be skewed for every person answering.

Then... I get to the end of the survey, try to submit, and find out I can't unless I answer everything. Most of the questions don't pertain to me at all, so I can't answer them. Thus, you leave out all the answers from people who don't answer in the way Fiverr specifically wants. Again, skewed results.

Oh well. 

The collected data doesn't seem too valuable if it's either non-applicable, incomplete (inability to select more than one answer), or unexplainable. I wonder if anyone else got this survey and had a similar reaction. Or hey, a different reaction! Everyone should be able to share, right?

• Like 14
  • Up 12

2 hours ago, melanielm said:

Today I got a notification to fill out a community survey about my experience with Fiverr. The survey is incredibly flawed. The first thing I noticed was that there was no place to share written observations or explanations for my answers. Besides that...

"Is Fiverr your primary source of income?"  -- The selections under this question are "I am a full-time freelancer" and "I am a part-time freelancer." These answers have nothing to do with the question. I AM a full-time freelancer, but Fiverr is absolutely NOT my primary source of income.

They ask about attending community events. There is no option for zero. I haven't.... not because I wouldn't want to, but because they are largely inaccessible for people with hearing difficulties. Of course, there is nowhere on the survey to tell them that.

Local Fiverr Club? That doesn't exist for me, so again, that survey question's results will be skewed. (The survey doesn't ask for location, although I assume they can figure that out easily enough.)

"Would you be interested in donating your time to nonprofit organization?" Yes, I do already, but that has nothing to do with Fiverr.

"Would you be interested in a local in-person volunteer opportunity?" Of course, we can assume they mean for Fiverr... but how could anyone honestly answer this if they know nothing about the opportunity.

"Have you shared feedback with Fiverr this year?" Yes... but I can't select more than one answer on the survey, so the results will be skewed for every person answering.

Then... I get to the end of the survey, try to submit, and find out I can't unless I answer everything. Most of the questions don't pertain to me at all, so I can't answer them. Thus, you leave out all the answers from people who don't answer in the way Fiverr specifically wants. Again, skewed results.

Oh well. 

The collected data doesn't seem too valuable if it's either non-applicable, incomplete (inability to select more than one answer), or unexplainable. I wonder if anyone else got this survey and had a similar reaction. Or hey, a different reaction! Everyone should be able to share, right?

They tailored it to provide only the answers they wanted in the first place. Very common. 

"Do you like Campbell's Soup?"

A. Yes

B Absolutely

C Very much.

Hey everyone loves our soup. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 10
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, melanielm said:

It pretty much sounded like as if multiple departments had to conduct surveys for their own needs as part of their annual KRA's and someone decided to take only 2 questions from each department, added random answers for each and curated them all into a single convenient survey!! 🥲

Edited by priyank_mod
  • Like 14

9 hours ago, melanielm said:

Oh well. 

I didn't fill this out either (for similar reasons).

• Like 16