Is fiverr better than Upwork?

hasanheem

Question

Actually I am new in fiverr. I have been working in upwork since 2018. The differences between these two giant is only one I believe, which is their profile management. Fiverr has profile as well as gig to share, to monitize as well as to generate more leads. Upwork has connects also to get more leads there needs to be very unique strategy to get first order. I will definitely share my deep experience in future

• Like 48
  • Congrats! 1

I tried using upwork this past year and hated it. There were lots of scam jobs or tiny $5 jobs. On one $5 job, I delivered the recording, never heard back, and months later received a message that the person wanted a refund of their $5. 
So, while I do have a profile on there, I just let it sit

• Like 17
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Fiverr is more user-friendly by all means than Upwork. very organized and easy to use for both buyers and sellers. One main difference is that on Fiverr, buyers approach you if your gig fits to their needs same as when you open a store in a market to attract buyers. while on upwork you have to convince the buyers that you can do whatever they need. just like a sales representative or a bidding system to be more precise. but nowadays Fiverr is very tough to kickstart for beginners due to market saturation. and on Upwork, even an experienced struggle to start nowadays. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2023 at 3:35 PM, kawsar_log said:

And it is because of this uniqueness that Fiverr is one of the greatest!

Providing the customers to the sellers is not the unique feature of this platform while other platforms also provide customers to their sellers. If want to specify, fiverr has gig, Upwork has projects. Both work in a same way.

• Like 4