Is fiverr better than Upwork?

hasanheem

Question

Actually I am new in fiverr. I have been working in upwork since 2018. The differences between these two giant is only one I believe, which is their profile management. Fiverr has profile as well as gig to share, to monitize as well as to generate more leads. Upwork has connects also to get more leads there needs to be very unique strategy to get first order. I will definitely share my deep experience in future

• Like 48
  • Congrats! 1

There's a huge difference between the two. My personal findings are:

1. Fiverr mostly attracts buyers who look to get small jobs done while upwork hosts several major companies. 

2. Fiverr is slightly easier to use than upwork. 

3. You earn (I do) much more on upwork than Fiverr. 

4. Upwork has several types of opportunities and you can set different profiles, consultancies, and projects while Fiverr has only gigs.  

5. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.  

• Like 24
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 2

The pay for writers on Upwork is much lower than Fiverr. You can tell the Upwork customers who venture over to Fiverr. They want to hire us by the hour for weeks and don't get the Fiverr gig concept. Upwork makes sellers pay to contact those offering jobs. It's not very appealing. 

• Like 23
  • Up 5

I think it depends on the service you provide. As mentioned in the previous comments, creative writers and writers generally earn less on Upwork. I've seen many proposals on Upwork where the offered salary can appeal only to beginner writers who just want to gain reviews and don't care much about money yet. But for more experienced writers, the budget per project is not even close to the budget buyers on Fiverr offer. I don't know... maybe I didn't search too deep, but this is what I found. So, I feel like Upwork is more challenging than Fiverr for creatives. 

• Like 17
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/2/2023 at 6:50 PM, navid_zafar said:

Another main difference is the SERVICE CHARGES 10% Vs 20%.

On 12/3/2023 at 7:48 AM, fastadking said:

Upwork makes sellers pay to contact those offering jobs. It's not very appealing. 

I tried Upwork for a few days and found that having to pay to contact the buyers was unappealing, too. So, I would rather pay Fiverr's 20% fee when I get work than pay to find work. 

• Like 22
  • Up 3