Has the block buyer function been removed ?

larrydrums

On 11/22/2023 at 6:58 AM, larrydrums said:

I am not seeing the block tab any longer. Anyone noticed this on their end ? 

On 11/26/2023 at 6:50 PM, mrx1137 said:

Still no answer? Can someone explain where the block button has disappeared? 🤦‍♂️

Yes. It seems "Block" function has been removed. It's bad but you can still block your buyer via Inbox Messages (Fiverr) if they have messaged you ever.

See an inserted image below and try that method too:

blockbuyer.jpg.5d22ee018fc235734291ad5ecc46d7ad.jpg

Link: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011288898-Blocking-certain-buyers

Source: Fiverr Help Center > Trust & safety > Communication guidelines

• Like 13
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Yes. It seems "Block" function has been removed.

Not the function but only the button. Because previously blocked users are still blocked. And this is not a solution to always do it through the Report button, because in my opinion, it is not intended for this because you need to choose certain predefined reasons for blocking and it is impossible to uncheck the "Report this user to Fiverr for review" option. And what if I don't want to report anything? This is just extra work for Fiverr. So let's hope that this is only temporary and the button will be returned.

Edited by mrx1137
  • Like 14

Hi All. 

On 11/28/2023 at 6:41 PM, smartdezigns said:

@Lena Could you please guide us regarding "Block" button. Thank you. 

So basically the 'block' button has been improved to a 'report' button. By providing more reporting options, you, as users, will have a wider range of choices to select from and we get more detailed information as to why that user is getting reported. It allows us to act faster as the report is forwarded to the Relevant team for review. 

Hope this clarifies it. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Lena said:

So basically the 'block' button has been improved to a 'report' button.

Improved? How? If the 'Report' button in the chat has always had the same functionality. It's a strange decision. In my opinion, you are just adding extra work by reviewing a bunch of unnecessary reports.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, mrx1137 said:

Improved? How? If the 'Report' button in the chat has always had the same functionality. It's a strange decision. In my opinion, you are just adding extra work by reviewing a bunch of unnecessary reports.

I understand your point of view. However, this allows us to have a better insight and to clear up Fiverr and act faster if, for example, scammers are being reported. We appreciate your concern, but please do not worry about all the work we do. We are always happy to help. 

• Like 14
  • Up 1

On 11/28/2023 at 4:55 PM, fastadking said:

Fiverr recently redesigned the profile page with almost no information. The block button is missing. Too bad. Nearly 100% of my buyers who give bad reviews and/or want to cancel are abusive or scamming. It's often best to drop those people from your life. 

Im new to fiverr. Can you give me an example of a scammer on fiverr please? Just for my personal knowledge so I can be aware of one should I come across it

• Like 10

1 minute ago, viciam11 said:

Im new to fiverr. Can you give me an example of a scammer on fiverr please? Just for my personal knowledge so I can be aware of one should I come across it

Most of the people writing nonsense replies on this forum if we’re being honest.

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

Just now, Lena said:

I am so sorry, please do not misunderstand me, but if you want to block someone, there must be a reason for it. 

Sometimes we just want to be able to not work with someone again if they have been difficult. Usually, they don’t break any rules, they’re just a nightmare to work with. And believe me, Fiverr has plenty of those buyers. It’s crucial to be able to block those people, so they can’t place direct orders for sellers who do not have access to the Request to Order feature.

• Like 15
  • Up 13

4 minutes ago, Lena said:

I am so sorry, please do not misunderstand me, but if you want to block someone, there must be a reason for it. 

Sure, but one of the reasons Fiverr mentions is that you just might not like each other and the client. Therefore, in this case, it would be better to block the person to avoid further orders. But are you sure that such a block really requires an additional report and explanation? That's exactly what I mean.

Edited by mrx1137
  • Like 11
  • Up 4

I get it. Simply blocking was easier, not needing to write any reasons. However, that has changed some time ago. Now we have these options. The 'other' box is there for a reason. You are not obliged to write in length, just a simple sentence is enough. 

• Like 8

Also, you have a duplication - one of the options in the 'Report' button is "The user sent spam", but as mentioned above, there is a separate button for this - "Mark as spam". So why is this option in the 'Report' button?
So it clearly looks like a poorly thought-out decision. But in any case, it's your choice. But I won't be surprised if the button on the profile page returns in some time.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, Lena said:

I get it. Simply blocking was easier, not needing to write any reasons. However, that has changed some time ago. Now we have these options. The 'other' box is there for a reason. You are not obliged to write in length, just a simple sentence is enough. 

A year ago I created a help desk ticket on this topic and was told to use the "other" button:

image.png.1c9923ecff5ee53beb5efc3ce9628ee9.png

Then, when I told CS that the "other" button was still allowing the user to message me, CS then told me to use the spam button to block the buyer:

image.png.3b66efd63559244de01a9a9a412d39ff.png

Since then, I've always just marked a buyer as "spam" if I wanted to block them immediately.

Using the report button just seems like a waste of time, especially since I then had to create a Help Desk ticket for it since the buyer was still communicating with me even after I used the report button. I had three different CS agents responding with different suggestions on how to use the report button and was finally told to use the "spam" button to block.

I only wanted to block a buyer who wanted to share all of his stories with me (and I didn't have time to listen to all of his stories):

image.png.822d396e922b2655773ab4e9c4a6bd24.png

image.png.393e91a03f64c942c7cbeeccf4ec9385.png

Using the report button was just a lot of work and CS seemed to think that action needed to be taken by them, when the only action I wanted was to block this buyer so that I could concentrate on my orders.

• Like 13
  • Up 4

4 hours ago, viciam11 said:

I'm referring to buyers who make up a problem with the delivery and instantly want to cancel and won't allow a revision. Or they want a revision, I make the revision, and they suddenly have all new problems and want to cancel.

To me these people are scamming. They are wasting a seller's time and work. We deliver custom creations that cannot be sold to anyone else. It's unheard of in most of the business world to refund for a custom creation. Imagine telling the person who just painted your kitchen "hmmm I don't like that shade of green. I want my money back." 

This is a challenge with the new policy on cancelled orders. Sellers cannot review the buyer and cannot warn the seller community that this buyer is a real problem. Now the problem buyer is free to go from one seller to another cancelling, getting credits, and buying again...all while likely keeping and using what has been delivered.

• Like 12
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, vibronx said:

Most of the people writing nonsense replies on this forum if we’re being honest.

Yes this happened to me just a few days ago. I made a thread about it. I was working towards achieving my level 1 status selling me service way cheap. This person did exactly what you said. Problem after problem when there wasn't any. And any small things he had to say I fixed for him which were his mistakes. He told me he wanted to have something posted at 12am on TikTok, I was to post it, and I did. Next day he said "why did you post at that time, I said 12pm"...so I showed him his previous message where he said 12am. He admitted his mistake. And then it was just one issue after another. He cancelled, Fiver support cancelled it on my behalf and because of that my completion rate fell to 80% otherwise I would have been fine with the 90% requirement. I was so gutted. I shouldn't have sent him the scheduling plan I made for his TikTok...I guess he got that and thought he could just copy and paste it all him self.

• Like 10