Has the block buyer function been removed ?

larrydrums

7 hours ago, vickieito said:

A year ago I created a help desk ticket on this topic and was told to use the "other" button:

Then, when I told CS that the "other" button was still allowing the user to message me, CS then told me to use the spam button to block the buyer:

Since then, I've always just marked a buyer as "spam" if I wanted to block them immediately.

Using the report button just seems like a waste of time, especially since I then had to create a Help Desk ticket for it since the buyer was still communicating with me even after I used the report button. I had three different CS agents responding with different suggestions on how to use the report button and was finally told to use the "spam" button to block.

I only wanted to block a buyer who wanted to share all of his stories with me (and I didn't have time to listen to all of his stories):

Using the report button was just a lot of work and CS seemed to think that action needed to be taken by them, when the only action I wanted was to block this buyer so that I could concentrate on my orders.

Wasn't something announced a few months back about being given account warnings for hitting the report button for whatever deemed wrong reason? 

• Like 7
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, mandyzines said:

Wasn't something announced a few months back about being given account warnings for hitting the report button for whatever deemed wrong reason? 

Yes, which is why many sellers stopped reporting others sellers. I also don't see a way to report/flag a suspicious seller anymore. I used to flag accounts that were obviously violating ToS (or copying my gigs) but I don't do that anymore since it looks like Fiverr doesn't want us to do that.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I used to flag accounts that were obviously violating ToS (or copying my gigs) but I don't do that anymore since it looks like Fiverr doesn't want us to do that.

I flagged a gig on the 13th because the seller is using one of my gig descriptions and the gig is still up. 😑

• Like 6
  • Sad 6

10 hours ago, Lena said:

I am so sorry, please do not misunderstand me, but if you want to block someone, there must be a reason for it. 

Exactly @Lena, blocking someone is a significant action, and it's reasonable to expect that there should be a valid reason behind such a decision. It's essential to approach such situations with understanding and clarity, ensuring that any action taken is justified and necessary. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, blueinarts said:

there should be a valid reason behind such a decision

Even something as simple as "this buyer was difficult to work with" is a valid reason. It has always been a valid reason. As freelancers we should have the option to not work with someone we do not want to work with.

As has already been stated in this thread, that doesn't necessarily mean they've broken a rule. You don't have to break a rule to be difficult to work with, so it seems a bit excessive to have to report someone for the simple offense of being annoying.

Edited by mhallvo
  • Like 12

On 11/30/2023 at 11:43 AM, catwriter said:

So... How do we block someone who never messaged us before placing the order? If they placed a direct order, turned out to be a nightmare to work with, and we don't want them ordering from us again?

Is there an answer for this? I've blocked buyers in the past who have been horrible to work for. It's not spam as some never messaged me.

How can we solve this problem now?

• Like 6
  • Up 7

On 12/10/2023 at 11:05 AM, magafernandez said:

I think it's unfair. we are exposed to sellers who are abusive and dishonest. we should have the right to choose not to interact with problematic buyers for our own mental health 

But We still Can block an account from the mobile app? didn't we?

• Like 10