How to rank Gig as Newbie at Fiverr?

matifib

@sojib_shimul  Your last delivery was 6 months ago, and you have achieved just 16 orders since you started 2 years ago.  You're hardly a proficient seller who can use their experience to advise others.   Hence the stock ChatGPT post. 

You have been reported for violating rule #8 

Maybe you should concentrate more on your own profile than trying to win forum badges. 

• Like 12
  • Up 5

@amzvideopro @abddullah_jisan  You appear to be giving a lot of advise to forum readers when you haven't actually achieved any orders yourself?

How can you possibly validate what you're saying is correct??? 

The only possible reason I can see for you doing this is the illusion that forum badges will result in more orders.  

I'm sorry to inform you that this will not happen. 

Instead, I suggest you concentrate on getting orders yourselves, before becoming self proclaimed experts. 

• Like 7
  • Up 3

5 hours ago, amzvideopro said:

Must be active on fiverr  for a long time

WRONG! Staying active or being online does not help you at all. This myth is spread by sellers who lack knowledge about how Fiverr works.

Check what a Fiverr Staff member posted on September 25, 2023.

image.png.a6df509ecd88015e093d18fa6abf427f.png

• Like 13
  • Up 1

14 hours ago, matifib said:

Newbie at Fiverr and want to know how freelancers rank their gigs. Is there any idea to optimize gig or just wait and see?

Get more knowledge about Fiverr first that how it actually works.

Read the following topic and ignore content on Buyer Requests:

• Like 9

On 9/30/2023 at 2:56 PM, rasel3465 said:

These tips will help you

These tips are really helpful but it works when you get an order. For a newbie with no buyer there must be some other ideas to start selling.

On 9/30/2023 at 3:01 PM, optisolve said:

To rank a gig on Fiverr, first of all, you have to research some keywords that the competition is low. Then you write the title and unique description. Then you design  a cathing image that reflects your service.

Thanks, I think this will works.

On 9/30/2023 at 3:05 PM, breals said:

@sojib_shimul  Your last delivery was 6 months ago, and you have achieved just 16 orders since you started 2 years ago.  You're hardly a proficient seller who can use their experience to advise others.   Hence the stock ChatGPT post. 

Maybe you should concentrate more on your own profile than trying to win forum badges. 

I appreciate your response but if someone is performing low we need to motivate them so they can perform well with their next orders. This will make the community a better place for everyone.

On 9/30/2023 at 5:01 PM, amzvideopro said:

Must be active on fiverr  for a long time and share your gig on social media platforms. And along with your work skills, your communication skills should also be good

Being active may works for some filters if the buyer switch it on. Sharing on social media will help getting new buyers on Fiverr instead ranking gigs only if your social media profile have more followers who are searching for sellers.

On 9/30/2023 at 5:19 PM, abddullah_jisan said:

1. choose a title wisely from Fiver search suggestion

2. use e click-worthy gig image

3. as a new seller, your gig price should be low

4. promote your gig on social media

Thanks

• Like 5
  • Up 1

13 minutes ago, matifib said:
On 9/30/2023 at 8:05 PM, breals said:

I appreciate your response but if someone is performing low we need to motivate them so they can perform well with their next orders. This will make the community a better place for everyone.

I am all for motivating others to succeed.  However there is a clear difference between using motivation, and using unvalidated chatGPT comments as advice, which at worst can lead to freelancers getting banned from the platform. 

If freelancers want to give their support then fine. I'm all for that, but using a bot to speak on your behalf because you don't have any experience yourself will only lead to trouble.

1. What if chatGPT throws out information which is incorrect?  How will you know if you have no orders or experience in using the platform?

2. How motivational will it be if someone gets a warning form reading this unvalidated content? Including you?

3. Surely you can see that there is nothing better than your own experience to motivate others. 

It's thoughts, opinions, and feelings that make the community a better place. Not a chat bot! 

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, matifib said:

if someone is performing low we need to motivate them

Why would you want to motivate someone who could harm your Fiverr account or get you banned?

They're not posting ChatGPT responses to help you. They don't even care about you; as far as they're concerned, if you get banned after following their "advice", it's not their problem. They just hope that randomly posting ChatGPT responses will magically get them orders.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

On 10/1/2023 at 4:08 AM, smartdezigns said:

Get more knowledge about Fiverr first that how it actually works.

Read the following topic and ignore content on Buyer Requests:

Thanks, this topic is helpful.

On 10/2/2023 at 5:28 AM, breals said:

I am all for motivating others to succeed.  However there is a clear difference between using motivation, and using unvalidated chatGPT comments as advice, which at worst can lead to freelancers getting banned from the platform. 

If freelancers want to give their support then fine. I'm all for that, but using a bot to speak on your behalf because you don't have any experience yourself will only lead to trouble.

1. What if chatGPT throws out information which is incorrect?  How will you know if you have no orders or experience in using the platform?

2. How motivational will it be if someone gets a warning form reading this unvalidated content? Including you?

3. Surely you can see that there is nothing better than your own experience to motivate others. 

It's thoughts, opinions, and feelings that make the community a better place. Not a chat bot! 

Yes, You're right here for using ChatGPT responses, but my point was to pin pointing someone's performance and talking about how many orders they got in a certain time.

On 10/3/2023 at 1:32 PM, listing_guys said:

Please make standout gig after research and use SEO related keyword in your gig and then share your gig's in social media 🙂 

Thanks, SEO Keywords works for sure but if I created a gig using low competitive keywords, catchy gig image and shared it on social media with the perfect hash tags stills its not on first page. What are the other things I am missing?

• Like 4

On 10/4/2023 at 5:43 AM, matifib said:

Thanks, SEO Keywords works for sure but if I created a gig using low competitive keywords, catchy gig image and shared it on social media with the perfect hash tags stills its not on first page.

I will tell you 3 main reasons why you are not on the first page. Read the second one very carefully.

1)    There can only be 48 gigs on the first page. Do you have any idea how many competitors you have?
2)    Your account was made on October 2022. You sold nothing in the last 12 months. Your performance is bad, that is the reality. Fiverr puts sellers with good sales and good performance in the search results. They do this because they earn money from sellers with good performance. So why should Fiverr put your gigs in the search results when you are not getting orders?
3)    New sellers receive a temporary boost from Fiverr and because of this, they appear in the search results. For you, that boost is already a long time finished. Now you need to earn by yourself your spot in the search results. You are disappearing in the search results due to your weak performance and the only solution is to improve your sales. Only then you will get visibility in the search results. 

You can try whatever you want. As long as you are not selling, you are not going to get your gigs on the first page.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

I will tell you 3 main reasons why you are not on the first page. Read the second one very carefully.

1)    There can only be 48 gigs on the first page. Do you have any idea how many competitors you have?
2)    Your account was made on October 2022. You sold nothing in the last 12 months. Your performance is bad, that is the reality. Fiverr puts sellers with good sales and good performance in the search results. They do this because they earn money from sellers with good performance. So why should Fiverr put your gigs in the search results when you are not getting orders?
3)    New sellers receive a temporary boost from Fiverr and because of this, they appear in the search results. For you, that boost is already a long time finished. Now you need to earn by yourself your spot in the search results. You are disappearing in the search results due to your weak performance and the only solution is to improve your sales. Only then you will get visibility in the search results. 

You can try whatever you want. As long as you are not selling, you are not going to get your gigs on the first page.

Thanks for your time and efforts you put in my profile and giving this helpful advise. Actually, I made the account accidentally and never used. Now I get a chance to explore this amazing platform. You can say, I activate the seller account just a few days ago and make some gigs on the account that was created a year ago. 
What do you think I need to do? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, matifib said:

What do you think I need to do? 

You need to sell. The algorithm thinks that this is an old account with no sales. You are not going to appear now at the top of the search results.

Finetune your gig(s). Let the algorithm think that your account is alive and then you have a chance that you appear again in the search results.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

You need to sell. The algorithm thinks that this is an old account with no sales. You are not going to appear now at the top of the search results.

Finetune your gig(s). Let the algorithm think that your account is alive and then you have a chance that you appear again in the search results.

So you are saying that I need to continuously updating my gigs to let algorithm know that my gigs as well as account is live and continuously improving?
Which area do you think I need to work on.

1 Existing title of the gigs.
2 Tags or keywords in the categories.
3 Description
4 Pricing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ashik_iqbal4 said:

I am a data entry expert I am new to fiverr.  How can I move my gig forward and how can I get buyer's order on fiverr, experienced people please advise.

You can see a lot of helpful replies from the experienced pros in this thread. Follow the thread and read the previous replies. Not all the ideas will fit to your issues but you can find the answer to your questions for sure. If still confuse, post your further questions below.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, matifib said:

So you are saying that I need to continuously updating my gigs to let algorithm know that my gigs as well as account is live and continuously improving?

Not continuously. Once you start to sell and your gigs get ranked, it's better to stop with the finetuning. 

30 minutes ago, matifib said:

Which area do you think I need to work on.

1 Existing title of the gigs.
2 Tags or keywords in the categories.
3 Description
4 Pricing

Sorry, I don't do this kind of service, I just don’t have time for this. But I am sure you can hire someone on Fiverr, who can fix your gigs or optimize your account.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

11 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

Not continuously. Once you start to sell and your gigs get ranked, it's better to stop with the finetuning. 

Sorry, I don't do this kind of service, I just don’t have time for this. But I am sure you can hire someone on Fiverr, who can fix your gigs or optimize your account.

Thank you for your time. Much appreciated

• Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 3:13 AM, matifib said:

Yes, You're right here for using ChatGPT responses, but my point was to pin pointing someone's performance and talking about how many orders they got in a certain time.

In any profession or avenue of our personal lives - it is ideal to seek or follow the advice of someone who is more experienced and knowledgeable.😇 

A lot of people here keep repeating the same lines to each other (i.e. stay online, share gigs on social, have patience, pray et al) disguised as well-meaning advice while they possess negligible/nil knowledge and experience about building a business or a freelancing career. That's why their vintage or order history gets mentioned and questioned!! 

PS I can pass on some tips about swimming to someone ONLY if I have learnt swimming and have spent a reasonable amount of time in water!! 

Edited by priyank_mod
  • Like 1