Improvements to our availability feature

Noam.Arik

On 9/21/2023 at 5:50 PM, Noam.Arik said:

Based on valuable feedback from our community, we have made several fixes and improvements to our availability feature. We want you to take vacations, and want them to be stress-free! These updates will ensure that changing  your availability status does not negatively impact your business or compromise your services and visibility on Fiverr. Read more here.

Informative Great

• Like 15

I used this feature recently as I had to take a break from my work. I took a break for around 21 days as a treat to myself and I visited abroad and explored different places and things outside of my work. Then when I came back to work and turned the vacation mode off, everything seemed normal to me. New buyers started to knock again and I didn't feel any difference due to my vacation.

I really appreciate Fiverr for having this vacation mode option which works really great for the freelancers. This option actually gave me a very positive feeling of being a freelancer rather than being a 9 to 5 job holder. 

• Like 13

4 hours ago, mustafizur_r said:

I used this feature recently as I had to take a break from my work. I took a break for around 21 days as a treat to myself and I visited abroad and explored different places and things outside of my work. Then when I came back to work and turned the vacation mode off, everything seemed normal to me. New buyers started to knock again and I didn't feel any difference due to my vacation.

I really appreciate Fiverr for having this vacation mode option which works really great for the freelancers. This option actually gave me a very positive feeling of being a freelancer rather than being a 9 to 5 job holder. 

This had been my same experience each time I’ve gone into “unavailable” mode- but I’m glad they are saying they have given it some refreshing and more stability.

As far as the 30 in 120 days as a max amount to be unavailable before changes may happen- it seems pretty reasonable I think.

There are of course extenuating circumstances where you’d need to be away longer- but then it’s possibly sort of expected to have that affect things and need to build back somewhat.

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, glow_writer said:

Well, I read from the first page to this current page. Keep the "Sounds good and this is a great update" coming guys. We will surely get to 200 pages.

All I can say for now is that I will take the "new update" with a pinch of salt. In the past, we were told that taking a vacation doesn't affect ranking and sales, but it did (gravely).

Exactly why I didn't trust the platform enough to use the feature last week. 

• Like 14

You call this an "availability" selector, but it's not. It's a vacation scheduler. An actual "availability" function would give the option of setting your regular availability hours every week so that fiverr won't punish your response rating for being hospitalized over the weekend and not responding to some random question from a non-customer at 3am Saturday morning.

Which, by the way, they actually did to me. This place is run like a child labor camp in a 3rd world country.

• Like 15

@Noam.Arik

Thanks for the update! Admittedly, I didn't read all 19 pages of this, as most posts are just a more cluttersome kind of pressing the heart button, so I may have missed something of substance, however, like some, I don't really see any difference, and, what's more, the one thing that would really be useful - (regular/former) customers being able to accept a *custom offer* you sent them on desktop, like it used to be, doesn't work, and requires you to deactivate unavailable mode, wait until the customer was online and could accept your custom offer (timezones...), and then reactivate it again.

When we activate unavailable mode, it's often just to not get new messages (or orders) from *new* people, while we're "mostly busy" but will happily send custom offers to former/regular customers, and it's bothersome that they can't accept those (it does still seem to work via the app, or so I've been told before by a customer, but most of my regular customers, business customers, seem to only use desktop).

I forget that I need to turn off unavailable mode before sending a custom offer all the time, then the customer needs to message me to tell me they can't accept the offer for some reason, I need to explain, turn unavailable off, wait until they accept the offer (in the meantime, what I wanted to avoid with unavailable mode, happens, like other sellers contacting me with spam messages, my Response Rate dropping, because I can't respond to a spam message and the person gets kicked before I can respond, etc.), ... For years, customers could accept custom offers while we were in unavailable mode, I have no idea why it got changed – if it was so that slow people can't "out of the blue" accept a custom offer one sent three months ago and didn't put an expiry date on them, maybe some additional programming, a tick box "Yes, I do want this customer to be able to accept this custom offer that I'm about to send them, although I'm currently in unavailable mode." or something like that could help.

Thanks for reading and maybe forwarding/considering this issue!

Edited by miiila
  • Like 21
  • Up 4

On 9/22/2023 at 1:36 PM, tantrikasound said:

I don't understand. Let's say I've took 3 important jobs on Fiverr from clients, and I need to focus only on those 3 projects because I can't take more workload. Let's say that those big projects require 3 months to be finished. Why should I be penalized if i set myself unavailable for more than 30 days to focus only on those big projects?

Because this is about business and if you're not generating profit, it makes no sense (in terms of numbers) to reward you for not working, placing you on first pages, when there are other accounts delivering ten times that amount. It's just a business decision. You're not being punished. Hardworking, profitable accounts are being pushed because it makes sense from a business perspective.

Edited by laraacantos
  • Like 13
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2023 at 7:56 PM, faizairam977 said:

I don't understand why every buyer always prefers top rated seller one even though new people have knowledge then they come here with hope. But i realize many new seller give up and fade up this situation after some month.

Every TRS was once a New Seller...

• Like 16

This is so exciting! 

In all honesty, it's a testament to the team's hard work towards making this an awesome platform to work on, and a huge step towards more fantastic possibilities and opportunities of creating a truly thriving business (and mental health), making Fiverr an amazing marketplace to work on. 

Thank you, dear product team, for being in our corner with all these new features! 

• Like 14

I just hope they review many things... What about gigs that have been deranked for no reason. I've never gotten a strike or warning yet my gig isn't ranked. Fiverr is my only source of livelihood yet I get very little or no sales (from my old clients who come back because of the quality of my work). My talent is just wasting. I'm just sad. I've written and complained several times yet no headway. I'm just disappointed really disappointed I must say.

• Like 14
  • Up 1

Due to personal health reasons I had to take more time off this year than usual and I have never had such low business. 

before I was able to pay my rent and cover bills with the income I was bringing in from Fiverr alone but now I’m lucky if I get more than 1 order a month - my gig has never struggled so much and I’ve been an active seller since 2018 - it’s really disappointing. 

I love this platform and it’s something I love to do but I can’t keep up with it if I’m not able to bring in the same orders as before. I’m on top of everything, 100% in all areas yet no improvement. My impressions are only going down - I just don’t get it and can’t help but think it’s because I was away for a while due to uncontrollable circumstances 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

I have been working since last year's end. I did not get notable projects. I keep an active always-on mobile app because I expect task. My gig status is going up and down. Now I do not need the availability status for that I see messages when come from buyers and I reply as soon as. I think when many tasks will come to me I will negotiate with the buyer the availability status.

• Like 14

I love Fiverr.com a lot but 1 problem is very strong, and want to be very blunt about it, it seems like a client-centric platform. This means I totally understand the algo thing and all but, what about some of us who do extremely perfectly and professionally, clients are happy and all, but only not getting any orders just because of algo?  is extremely frustrating at times... Please make it better I request.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

On 9/21/2023 at 6:39 PM, visualstudios said:

this is the type of thing that makes users not trust the platform. Either it will be or it won't - this is a career for many people, so they need absolutes, not maybes. I never activated that feature, and I still won't, there's no reason to risk it. Even if they claimed "it won't", I don't know if it can be trusted or not. We need transparent systems, with transparent metrics, otherwise we can't know what affects us and what doesn't, regardless of what's said.

When I want to take some time off, I just need to keep replying to messages once a day, with request to order on. 

Well you're right, it's a career for many people including me as well. How about increasing your prices if you want to take some time off of the platform?

• Like 14

In 2021 I took 3 weeks of vacation, I became unavailable, until that moment my mixing and mastering service was one of the best ranked in the whole platform, I had 800 impressions per day, when I came back from my vacation my impressions had fallen to 0 and since then my gigs could never rebound as before, now the impressions do not exceed 300 impressions per day. Thank you Fiverr for changing this feature, it came too late, but it came.

• Like 14