What are the most profitable skills for freelancers?

gurgenbenashvil

Question

20 answers to this question

23 hours ago, gurgenbenashvil said:

What skills are the most profitable ones for freelancers?

Probably creating apps are one of the more profitable ones.

eg. in Fiverr's Q2 2023 Shareholder letter they said:

we witnessed strong momentum in areas related to e-commerce, mobile app development, short form video content, website building, and 3D rendering. For example, one of our largest transactions in Q2’23 was a $20,000+ order where a B2B wellness company needed a customized app for educational and coaching services.

And in their Q1 2023 Shareholder letter Fiverr said:

Today, nearly half of our business is from orders that are above $200, with website development, search engine optimization and mobile apps being
among the top categories for those transactions. In Q1’23, the largest transaction on the marketplace was a $15,000 order where a machinery dealership sought out professional expertise from Fiverr to develop a customized mobile app to be used as a resource guide for its customers. The freelance developers were able to complete this high quality project in less than two months.

But maybe AI related services will also become quite profitable (eg. apps that use AI) or training AI models like large language models etc. Though maybe not the gigs for creating one or a few images as there's probably too much competition there (and copyright questions about it).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 15
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

The skills where you have a competitive edge over other sellers offering the same skills.

The first gig I published was for proofreading. After a week, I still couldn't find myself in search and tried to find my gig using "Vickie" and "proofreading" as the keywords. Even that didn't pull me up ...I found out there was a another Vickie out there offering better proofreading services ➡️ @vickiespencer

Luckily, I had some inquiries by then and that gave me inspiration to start up other gigs that capitalized on other skills that I had to offer. 

Who do you think can earn the most in Fiverr?

The sellers who are capitalizing on their strengths to stand out in the marketplace (note: this may not necessarily be what's "trending").

Soon after my proofreading gig was up, I noticed 'Presentation Designs' was a trending gig (and one that you, @gurgenbenashvil, excel at). 😊

However, I took down that gig last month - only 50% of the orders were being rated/closed by buyers, so many of them were auto-closing with no further feedback from my buyers. And feedback is one thing that I need to know how my services are performing in the marketplace. 

• Like 17
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

There are a lots of people with lots of skill, now a days its easier then ever before to learn any skill due to spread of internet, so in my opinion the greatest skill is to be able to build a personal brand.

If you can post on social media sites some videos that help others, if you can share your learning experience with others , this will not only help you build a brand but also earn in long term.

Skills that can earn the most are not necessarily technical skills, even people who write content are making more then people who makes apps that gets thousands of downloads because they have build brand as great content writer.

So it's more about marketing these days then skills as skills requirements vary so rapidly these days that one cannot stick with one platform for long.

I am a swift language developer for iPhone market but I am now learning Python and brushing up on my math skills as well as the future prospects for AI technicians is on the rise, so may be 2 years down the line when things change I will still be useful in tech market…

In the same way you must also keep learning and adapting all the time and then and only then can you expect good results, even then if the results are not favourable, at least you can ramp up on your current skill base ...

• Like 13
  • Up 2

Based on a number of variables, such as market demand, your level of competence, and your capacity for successful self-promotion, the profitability of talents for freelancers might vary. 

It's necessary to keep up with industry trends and constantly enhance your skills in order to stay competitive as a freelancer because the need for particular skills can vary over time. Your ability to successfully advertise yourself, produce top-notch work, and develop a loyal clientele all play a big part in how profitable your freelancing is.

• Like 14
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2023 at 10:08 PM, gurgenbenashvil said:

Simple.  Being able to deliver 100% what your gig description says you will do! 

If you're a master of your craft, and honest about your abilities, then nothing else really matters. 

• Like 13
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mac770 said:

Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing well.

I'd love to hear your suggestions for trending and profitable skills that we can offer on Fiverr to earn a good income. I hope you can all pitch in with some ideas! 😊

First you need to understand yourself. What you love to do ? What you passionate about. Let me give you an example of mine. I started my career as a Digital Marketer. And I start selling on Fiverr as a Facebook ad manager . I started good .I generate good amount of from that. But suddenly I was loosing my interest from it .cause there is nothing new . I am just creating Facebook ads for my clients . Nothing new . No creativity .no productivity. I always wanted to create something.visual something.so I moved into the web development sector . I gave myself 2 years for learning . I have done so many projects for to level up my skills . And I came back again on Fiverr . Still looking for my first order . So it depends on how much time you want to give on learning . How far you wanna go . If you are good into marketing go for digital marketing. If you good at art go for graphics design. If you have good programming skills or want learn programming then go for web or software development. World is open for you. Choose what you want to be . Remember no skills going to be wasted.

• Like 12

These skills seem quite trending and are probably profitable:

Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Graphic design, WordPress, Proofreading, Content writing, Logo design, Voice over, Web development, SEO, Photo editing, Voice acting, Music production, Python, JavaScript, Audio editing, Creative writing, Music composition, Microsoft Excel

And some AI related skills are probably profitable and trending too.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 11

With the AI storm now showing its effects, you should be asking "What are AI enabled skills that are trending", writing ,graphic design, content writing, web site creation to app development.

I am in IT and make iPhone apps , apple has added TipKIt in iOS 17, it will suggest programmers what to code, well basically saying , "kid leave it to me".

So do not focus on Skills but AI enabled skills, companies are now using the AI models that are now available in market to do all sort of tasks.

So you can either learn and develop such models, that can take 3-4 years.

Or use the AI skills and make money.

In either case I wish you good luck and success.

Edited by seoswiftcreate
  • Like 8

On 9/2/2023 at 4:47 PM, uk1000 said:

Probably creating apps are one of the more profitable ones.

eg. in Fiverr's Q2 2023 Shareholder letter they said:

And in their Q1 2023 Shareholder letter Fiverr said:

But maybe AI related services will also become quite profitable (eg. apps that use AI) or training AI models like large language models etc. Though maybe not the gigs for creating one or a few images as there's probably too much competition there (and copyright questions about it).

Thank you very much, I really enjoyed your being precise in responding my question!

On 9/2/2023 at 5:34 PM, vickieito said:

The skills where you have a competitive edge over other sellers offering the same skills.

The first gig I published was for proofreading. After a week, I still couldn't find myself in search and tried to find my gig using "Vickie" and "proofreading" as the keywords. Even that didn't pull me up ...I found out there was a another Vickie out there offering better proofreading services ➡️ @vickiespencer

Luckily, I had some inquiries by then and that gave me inspiration to start up other gigs that capitalized on other skills that I had to offer. 

The sellers who are capitalizing on their strengths to stand out in the marketplace (note: this may not necessarily be what's "trending").

Soon after my proofreading gig was up, I noticed 'Presentation Designs' was a trending gig (and one that you, @gurgenbenashvil, excel at). 😊

However, I took down that gig last month - only 50% of the orders were being rated/closed by buyers, so many of them were auto-closing with no further feedback from my buyers. And feedback is one thing that I need to know how my services are performing in the marketplace. 

Thank you for your comprehensive and rational answering!

On 9/4/2023 at 12:15 PM, nazliirin said:

Based on a number of variables, such as market demand, your level of competence, and your capacity for successful self-promotion, the profitability of talents for freelancers might vary. 

It's necessary to keep up with industry trends and constantly enhance your skills in order to stay competitive as a freelancer because the need for particular skills can vary over time. Your ability to successfully advertise yourself, produce top-notch work, and develop a loyal clientele all play a big part in how profitable your freelancing is.

Don't you think that the need and demand for some skills are probably more than others?

On 9/4/2023 at 2:45 PM, breals said:

Simple.  Being able to deliver 100% what your gig description says you will do! 

If you're a master of your craft, and honest about your abilities, then nothing else really matters. 

Thank you Breal, but I don't assume that will suffice!
Freelancers always need to be more than enough and good to be successful, don't you think so?

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, gurgenbenashvil said:

Thank you Breal, but I don't assume that will suffice!
Freelancers always need to be more than enough and good to be successful, don't you think so?

No, not really. In my opinion, honesty and integrity are the most important skills to possess as a freelancer.

I don't post a gig unless I am 100% sure I have the skills to do it (Honesty) 

I also don't deliver anything that I feel falls short of my gig description (Integrity) 

Having these core values will ultimately lead to you becoming more profitable.   

With nearly 500 consecutive 5* reviews, being Fiverr certified and being a top rated seller in a notoriously tough niche, this is my proof that this is all you need. 

Happy to be challenged back if this still doesn't suffice! 

Edited by breals
  • Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, vibronx said:

Dog walking

Unless you live in the UK and walk XL bullies.

On 9/16/2023 at 10:25 AM, mac770 said:

I'd love to hear your suggestions for trending and profitable skills that we can offer on Fiverr to earn a good income. I hope you can all pitch in with some ideas! 😊

I see you're a writer with a background in IT/technology. Perhaps you could expand your current offering and write about AI. AI-related content is very popular at the moment. 

Edited by ahmwritingco
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2