Ranking Your Gig: A Simple Guide From a Top Rated Seller

smashradio

Since nine out of ten topics on this forum are “how to rank” or “got de-ranked,” I wanted to share some insights on how to get more exposure for your gigs. I know many of you are struggling with this, and you might wonder what you're doing wrong.

The truth is, there's no magic pill to "rank" your gig on Fiverr. It's all about your performance (and that of your competition) and how well you deliver quality work to your buyers. 

There are some things you can do, like: 

• Have a professional profile picture, gig image
  • Optimize titles and gig descriptions for relevant keywords
  • Write a killer gig description
  • Use engaging gig videos

But a thing many new sellers aren’t aware of is something called “Buyer Satisfaction Rate,” or BSR for short. 

This is something that’s frequently discussed amongst more experienced sellers, but I’ll try to make it easy for new ones to understand: 

One of the most important factors that affect your gig's visibility is your buyer satisfaction rate. That rate is based on feedback from your buyers. Every buyer can leave a public and a secret review after the order. We’re not sure about everything that goes into your BSR, but we know that private reviews are probably the main driver behind this thing. 

If your BSR drops below a certain threshold, you’ll be less visible on Fiverr. It can also lead to you losing access to promoted gigs.

This comes in addition to the visible stats, like response rate, completion rate, etc. 

So, how do you know what your buyers say about you behind your back? Well, you don't. 

But you can assume that most of your buyers will be happy if you provide excellent service, communicate well, deliver on time, and exceed expectations. Some of them will leave positive feedback. 

Here are some tips to improve your BSR:

• Know your limitations. Sometimes, it’s best to say, “Thank you for the opportunity, but I don’t think I’m the best fit for this project.” 
  • Under-promise and over-deliver. If you sell a logo, give them two. If you’re in voice-over, throw in synchronization to their video for free for first-time buyers. Let them know it’s a free bonus, usually worth XX. Buyers love freebies. 
  • Ask questions. Be sure you understand everything before you get to work. It decreases the chance of you making mistakes. 
  • Keep your buyers updated. If a project takes some time, ensure your buyers know you’re working on it and keep them in the loop. 
  • Screen your buyers. Communicate with them and ensure you know as much as possible before starting. Often, you’ll notice red flags even before the order begins. Being a bit picky about which clients you work with can help. 
  • Always be polite, professional, and friendly, even when a buyer is difficult, or you’re having a bad day. 

On the other hand, if you cut corners, ignore messages, deliver late, send them poor-quality work, or argue with your buyers, chances are they will be unhappy and leave negative feedback. 

The bottom line is: you have to treat every order as if it's from your most important client and do your best to make your buyers happy. That's the only way to improve your buyer satisfaction rate and boost your gig's visibility.

Don't rely on tricks or shortcuts to "rank" your gig because they won't work in the long run. 

Focus on delivering quality work and building trust with your buyers, and you'll see the results.

But remember: this only works if you’re a professional and good at what you do. Don’t overestimate your abilities. It will always come back to bite you. 

I hope this helps! 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 401
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Congrats! 5
  • Up 29
  • Thanks 63

• smashradio changed the title to Ranking Your Gig: A Simple Guide From a Top Rated Seller

Thanks again for another great post @smashradio! I really hope everyone on this thread read (and truly understand) everything you wrote!

Ranking Your Gig: A Simple Guide

Simple doesn't equal "easy":

On 7/9/2023 at 5:59 PM, smashradio said:

The truth is, there's no magic pill to "rank" your gig on Fiverr.

For all the sellers who read the "tips" on the forum and come back to say that they "did everything ... what's next?" Here's what they actually need to be doing:⬇️

The bottom line is: you have to treat every order as if it's from your most important client and do your best to make your buyers happy. That's the only way to improve your buyer satisfaction rate and boost your gig's visibility.

Don't rely on tricks or shortcuts to "rank" your gig because they won't work in the long run. 

Focus on delivering quality work and building trust with your buyers, and you'll see the results.

In the end, there's actually no end to this process. What really matters is consistent, quality work, day in and day out. If you even slip on even one order, it can affect you for months.

It's all about your performance (and that of your competition) and how well you deliver quality work to your buyers. 

I also think that sellers shouldn't be surprised if they lose visibility in search because they did slip up ... or that another seller is performing better than they are (and has better visibility in search). None of us is perfect, so slip-ups will happen from time to time. Own it and move on.

Don’t overestimate your abilities.

⬆️I think this is the reason why--

1. many sellers are surprised that they aren't doing well on the platform.
  2. some sellers think that Fiverr is out to get them, is ignoring them, or is unfair.
  3. a lot of sellers focus only on gig images, titles, tags, seo, and marketing instead of improving their skills and and services.
  4. sellers refuse to admit that they are the problem - and choose to blame anyone or anything else for causing their problems.
  • Like 203
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 6

On 7/10/2023 at 6:29 AM, vickieito said:

Thanks again for another great post @smashradio! I really hope everyone on this thread read (and truly understand) everything you wrote!

Simple doesn't equal "easy":

For all the sellers who read the "tips" on the forum and come back to say that they "did everything ... what's next?" Here's what they actually need to be doing:⬇️

In the end, there's actually no end to this process. What really matters is consistent, quality work, day in and day out. If you even slip on even one order, it can affect you for months.

I also think that sellers shouldn't be surprised if they lose visibility in search because they did slip up ... or that another seller is performing better than they are (and has better visibility in search). None of us is perfect, so slip-ups will happen from time to time. Own it and move on.

⬆️I think this is the reason why--

1. many sellers are surprised that they aren't doing well on the platform.
  2. some sellers think that Fiverr is out to get them, is ignoring them, or is unfair.
  3. a lot of sellers focus only on gig images, titles, tags, seo, and marketing instead of improving their skills and and services.
  4. sellers refuse to admit that they are the problem - and choose to blame anyone or anything else for causing their problems.

Thanks! 

The guide is simple. Following it is not

On 7/10/2023 at 6:29 AM, vickieito said:

Spot on. You could even gain more visibility if a competitor slips up. Many sellers (even seasoned ones) sometimes overlook that your competitors significantly affect your position in the market. This is precisely why large corporations employ spies. I recall a few years back when supermarket chains in Norway began employing "price hunters." Their primary responsibility was to monitor the prices of competing products in nearby stores to match their prices. These individuals would visit stores daily under the guise of shopping. Business is tough. The moment you forget your competition, you're at a disadvantage.

• Like 146
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 8

On 7/10/2023 at 3:59 AM, smashradio said:

One of the most important factors that affect your gig's visibility is your buyer satisfaction rate. That rate is based on feedback from your buyers. Every buyer can leave a public and a secret review after the order. We’re not sure about everything that goes into your BSR, but we know that private reviews are probably the main driver behind this thing. 

If a gig of a skilled seller is less visible somehow getting negative feedback from a buyer secretly, then how can a seller overcome the less visibility issue? How long it would take to get its normal rank?

• Like 127
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 4

On 7/11/2023 at 2:51 AM, jasim2k9k said:

If a gig of a skilled seller is less visible somehow getting negative feedback from a buyer secretly, then how can a seller overcome the less visibility issue? How long it would take to get its normal rank?

1 hour ago, filipdevaere said:

You can recover after 3 to 6 months.

My seller success manager shared with me some time back that the Buyer Satisfaction Rate doesn't reset after a specific period like the other stats (Delivered On Time, Order Completion, etc) do after 60 days. 

What you can do instead of waiting around to see if the stat eventually gets better is actively working towards improving the BSR one order at a time.

After delivering your order, you can message your buyers to see if they got the kind of services they were expecting. Also, inquire about areas they'd like you to improve on.

Something like,

"Hey, I want to ensure I have provided you with the services you were expecting. In case you need any revisions or changes, please don't hesitate to let me know. "

That gives you a window to work on revisions and make any necessary changes before the order is marked as complete. 

I hope this helps! 

• Like 124
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 5

On 7/15/2023 at 4:57 AM, bilha2018 said:

"Hey, I want to ensure I have provided you with the services you were expecting. In case you need any revisions or changes, please don't hesitate to let me know. "

Always I do it, Bilha. After all is ok, I deliver the work finally. 

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions. I hope it will be more helpful to newer sellers.

On 7/15/2023 at 3:36 AM, filipdevaere said:

You can recover after 3 to 6 months.

But it is been 1 year+ already. 

• Like 97
  • Confused 2
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4

On 7/15/2023 at 9:32 AM, jasim2k9k said:

But it is been 1 year+ already. 

I thought you received a bad review. Recovering from a bad review can take 3-6 months.

What I see here is the following:

Your last review was from 7 months ago. You had 3 reviews 7 months ago.
1 review 8 months ago.
1 review 10 months ago.
1 review 11 months ago.

Your performance is very weak, that is the reality. Fiverr puts sellers with good sales and good performance in the search results. Why should Fiverr put your low-prized gigs in the search results when you are not getting orders? You are disappearing in the search results because you are not selling enough. Improve your sales and performance and you will get visibility in the search results. 

• Like 113
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 6

On 7/15/2023 at 9:48 AM, filipdevaere said:

Why should Fiverr put your low-prized gigs in the search results when you are not getting orders?

Low-priced? 

I decreased the price in this month to see if the gig gets its rank.

Anyway, Thanks for your analysis. 

• Like 93
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, filipdevaere said:

That is up to you to decide. The fact is that you need to start selling. If Fivver sees no improvement, then you will not get in the search results. 

I do not get any briefs. How can I start selling.. ☺️

However, I will try my best to start selling. 

• Like 83
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

One of the most important factors that affect your gig's visibility is your buyer satisfaction rate.

Is the Buyer Satisfaction Rate a measure that is attached to the seller's specific gig or to the seller's overall account?

• Like 88
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

100% right buyer satisfaction is first thing to make our service ranking high at fiverr if buyer satisfied then we get a number of orders

My suggestions is to rank your gig 

First create a good thumbnail for a gig it will increase your buyer impression with click rate at your gig

make your gig title more searchable it make your gig rank and more searchable in fiverr buyer search result

create and put very friendly content in your gig description its increase your selling rate i mean number of orders

• Like 89
  • Confused 1
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 10

• 2 weeks later...

This post is absolutely amazing! I really needed to read that. LOL

I have been busting my ass to fix all the gig in every way possible to rank them better but even though the gigs are ranking, I am still not getting that many orders. So truly this time, keeping my eyes and mind open to learn, understand and implement the best solutions. 

Thank you again, this was a tremendous help!

• Like 95
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for a simple technique but it can be effective!

Great insights! Building a strong foundation with excellent service, clear communication, and a focus on buyer satisfaction is key to long-term success on platforms like Fiverr. Quality work and professionalism go a long way in boosting your visibility and reputation. Thanks for sharing these valuable tips!

• Like 41
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2023 at 4:13 AM, web_code_it said:

more clients don't know it like private review so when we are how to say this fiver rule inside he can do it?

I assume your question is in relation to this part:

Firstly, a Buyer will learn about the private reviews once they qualify and when they receive their completed order from the Seller. They don't have to know until it's relevant to them.

Second, it's not a rule to leave a review, it's optional, and a Buyer may forgo leaving any review at all. What is against the rules is a Seller requesting a positive review. 

Third, it's your job as a Seller to provide good service. If you do a good job, there's no reason a Buyer would leave a poor private review. 

• Like 60
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2